PDA

View Full Version : Leopard 4074 30" Hydro

ezhitz
09-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Hi my son and I have been working all summer trying to get his Miss Supertest 30"hydro to run.In past post i talked about torque roll issue were it was riding up on the one sponson and flipping over.Then he added some ride pads to the bottom of the sponsons which seam to help.Running a feigao 7XL he went through two turnigy 180amp esc.So after he read some of your reponses saying that motor was to hot he bought a Leopard 4074 (2000 Kv) from ose and a new 240amp turnigy and started again.That motor after one day of testing was nice it would come back in under 100 f after 4 minutes of running.
Some data from the eagle tree 114 amp spikes 2033mah drawn pack voltage only dropped to 13.88 partial on/off throttle with half throttle running and some WOT.As for the boat itself it still neads work but you can almost drive it know except for the mystery holes it seams to find as you well see in the short video.This run was using X438.
Thankshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6fnA9jWrs8

Jeepers
09-12-2010, 10:20 AM
looks good, put a bigger prop on!

ezhitz
09-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Thanks we also tried a x437 3 blade that worked nead to pick maybe a 40 or 42 don't know if he should use a 14 series or stick with the X440/X442?

Jeepers
09-12-2010, 11:52 AM
stick with the x or m series prop for now. I would get props in the range of 40-45mm to start with. thats a large motor so it should swing some prop. You will have to watch your run time though.

Fluid
09-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Nice hydro. It appears from the video that the boat begins to hop as it reaches top speed (although this could be due to the waves, hard to tell. This would make it unstable when hitting the 'bumps'.

Place the boat on a dead-flat surface resting on the sponsons and the strut. The strut should be flat against the table, not angled down at the prop end. This should eliminate any hopping. If not - raise the strut 1/16" at a time until it does stop. Keep the strut flat when you do this.

ezhitz
09-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Thanks guys will try setting the boat on the table and check the strut.The first picture is the boat after it came back up the mud is from where it hit bottom LOL
The first time it stuffed like that earlier this summer it completely ripped open the whole front section of the boat. Now its solid blue foam with laminated top and bottom.The other pictures show the sponson step its just over a 1/4" deeper know the only thing is it might be to much AOA?But like Fluid said I will play with the strut abit and if the doesn't help can try sanding a little bit off the sponson bottom.