PDA

View Full Version : Hooking up digital cam to computer???

Mich. Maniac
11-05-2007, 04:46 PM
How does everyone hook their camera to their computer for downloading? I have a JVC Digital video camera and I can hook it to tv but dont know how to hook it up to computer. I suppose I need a special cable or something. just wondered if that is true.:confused1:

JimClark
11-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Usually they hook up with a firewire connection so you may have get a firewire card for your computer to get he high resolution raw video.

Jim

Mich. Maniac
11-05-2007, 05:08 PM
I have read instructions book and it says some blah blah bout special card for computer and of course a special cord. Ugh. oh well. I had a cool vid to share of my sv I got to run today. It records onto little mini tapes maybe I can find a buddy that can do it.

saleens7
11-05-2007, 06:28 PM
there is usually a USB cord or somthing like that....thats how my digi cam hooks up

SJFE
11-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Mike Digital cameras and small devices have a mini usb output. Kinda looks like this
----------
\ /
-----
You will need the proper drivers for the computer to install the camera. You can download them from JVC using the model number. You will need that cable & remember install the drivers BEFORE pluginin the camera. IM me for tech suport :)

Steven Vaccaro
11-06-2007, 05:56 AM
You may also have that "special" fire wire card in your computer if its a newer computer.

Eyekandyboats
11-06-2007, 08:05 AM
i have a couple slots in the front of mine which i take out the memory card and shove it in the computer

ED66677
11-06-2007, 10:27 AM
recent digital JVC have a USB output (special cable with specific plug on cam side required) and are plug and play (or plug and read) no need to install any driver

what JVC model do you have?

Mich. Maniac
11-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Cable is like 30.00. I dont think ill get it just to post vids at this time. I went back to work after taking 3 days off to have our baby girl and turns out the other guy has been dogging me out so I think ill be looking for new employment. I'll probly bail from the hobby for a while and finish my cat just to sell it. Look for the sv and everything in swap shop soon, It will be up for a fast moving price.