PDA

View Full Version : 4 Battery EagleTree Comparison

properchopper
09-10-2010, 02:46 PM
I finally got a chance to test the new TP Nano 4S 5000 against the previous three tested earlier. For some reason the 4 battery graph shows lower voltages on the left y-axis than the three battery test, but the voltage drop curve was what I was focusing on anyway.
My main interest in doing these tests was to see how much voltage drop occurs while running at WOT since for each volt "dropped" you lose one KV, which consequently relates directly to prop/boat speed.

To recap :

FE 30, Ul-1 motor & SC., Oct M445 SB&C on the first three pulls; I screwed up and did the fourth battery test with a very agressive ABC H-5 that I forgot to change back to the M445 (to be taken into consideration while analyzing). Also, the first three tests were done at Legg Lake (where I could stay on the throttle full circuit; the fourth test was at Questtek's lake-less water in size and density so I was on/off the throttle more).

Both graphs from left to right :
Turnigy 35C-40C
Hyperion G3 35C-70C
Turnigy Nano 45C-90C
TP Nano 45C-90C

The TP looks best, especially with the more agressive prop [but at $189.95 retail]
The Turnigy Nano looks real good - close to the TP but only $ 75.95 retail
The Hyperion was close to the Turnigy Nano, but at @ $ 169.95 retail.
The Turnigy 35C/40C came in last - to be expected.

Of course the real test comes after numerous uses - The Hyperion had around 30 runs as did the Turnigy 35C/40C; the Turnigy & TP Nano's were new.

Draw your own conclusions & discuss :Peace_Sign: :patriot:

longballlumber
09-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Thanks for posting... I just received my Eagle Tree earlier this week. I am looking forward to getting some real data on my setups.

Later,
Mike

LuckyDuc
09-10-2010, 05:12 PM
I love my Eagle tree for testing. It really takes the guess work out of tuning.

rcboatmanwithkids2880
10-25-2010, 08:52 AM
Hi Properchopper ,

Just a quick question regarding the Turnigy Nano batteries , can they be charged on a normal " Lipo " charger - iv'e got a generic "B6" . Looking at investing in a new set of batts soon , thanks for the graph posting ...

Brad

TheShaughnessy
04-17-2011, 12:59 AM
Hi Properchopper ,

Just a quick question regarding the Turnigy Nano batteries , can they be charged on a normal " Lipo " charger - iv'e got a generic "B6" . Looking at investing in a new set of batts soon , thanks for the graph posting ...

Brad

They charge the same as other lipos. However the label on mine says they can be charged up to 5c where as the non nano tech batts is 1c 2c at the most.