PDA

View Full Version : spectrum DX 3 S

wayn
09-06-2010, 10:53 PM
I have a stectrum dx 3 s , has any one had Glitching problems with this system. I use it with my EP boat. As you increase the power slowly ,its ok, but when you apply full power it glitches. I have changed the motor, esc, battery, and this problem is still there, so I put it down to the radio. So I am asking if any one has had this problem, and is there a solution to this problem.
cheers wayn

ALD
09-06-2010, 11:47 PM
I have a dx3s and it works perfect. Have you tried another receiver! Also check receiver contacts for corrosion.

Flying Scotsman
09-07-2010, 12:00 AM
Use a marine RX, also does your DX3S have the marine symbol and what ESC,motor, etc, are you using, and I am in a good mood today

Douggie

ozboater
09-07-2010, 02:42 AM
maybe it s a WA thing :eek:... my dx2.0 was far from impressive on water, glitch all the time... my mates fm / am systems were always problem free when we ran at the same locations... great on land tho'...

who wants to buy it ?? :lol:

JimClark
09-07-2010, 04:05 AM
On the contrary I have used Dx2'2 and now DX3 even in a carbon fiber hull and not one issue in 4 years of racing. I think it has way more to do with the placement of the antenna

maybe it s a WA thing :eek:... my dx2.0 was far from impressive on water, glitch all the time... my mates fm / am systems were always problem free when we ran at the same locations... great on land tho'...

dtacmed
09-07-2010, 08:12 AM
I use a DX3S in my boats. I use their Marine Receivers. They have 2 Marine Receivers a 3 ch for $79.95 and a 2 ch for $49.95. I have one of each and both work equally well. There were problems with the land receivers for some reason on the water. Since installing these the reception is rock solid and glitch free.

AndyKunz
09-07-2010, 10:16 AM
I have a stectrum dx 3 s , has any one had Glitching problems with this system. I use it with my EP boat. As you increase the power slowly ,its ok, but when you apply full power it glitches.

That's usually caused by a problem with your power system. I used to deal with this all the time with guys using my Victory and Penguin controls w/o a decent battery system.

Make sure your cells are good. If your have a weak cell, the sudden surge of power will drop the voltage to the ESC (and BEC) and the BEC will not be able to provide enough power to the rx and it will glitch.

This also happens a lot with bad connectors on the ESC or battery, and was more common with Deans than with other "quality" (ie, non-Tamiya) connectors.

Try this. Disconnect the red wire from your ESC going into the rx. Use a 4- or 5-cell rx pack (charged, please!) instead to power the system. While moving the steering servo constantly, pull suddenly on the trigger. Your steering servo will continue just fine, but the throttle will hesitate.

Andy

Darin Jordan
09-07-2010, 10:35 AM
maybe it s a WA thing :eek:...

I live in WA, and have not had a single issue with any of the Spektrum systems I've run, and I can assure you, I've run all of the new Marine stuff before any of you even knew it existed! :thumbup1:

I have heard of a few of isolated issues. A couple caused by user/installation issues, and the others caused by faulty parts. All but one has been rectified at this point, and none of them were caused by a poorly designed or inadequate radio system.

ozboater
09-07-2010, 12:06 PM
i m talking about western australia - WA :doh:

Darin Jordan
09-07-2010, 12:30 PM
i m talking about western australia - WA :doh:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahaha.... that's funny! :bounce:

Note to me: "Here's your sign..." :banana:

Steven Vaccaro
09-07-2010, 02:22 PM

Dx2.0? Those are relics by now when talking about use in Rc Boats. Its like comparing a Hacker Navy 77 esc to today's esc's. They just don't compare.

Steven Vaccaro
09-07-2010, 02:23 PM

Dx2.0? Those are relics by now when talking about use in Rc Boats. Its like comparing a Hacker Navy 77 esc to today's esc's. They just don't compare.

ozboater
09-07-2010, 04:31 PM
yeah, it s such a relic, think i bought it new 3 years ago :tape:... oh well, live and learn... just a puzzler how an old traxxas AM and a jr FM can work perfectly at the local pond and my dx2.0 is hopeless...

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f153/partsbara/DSC03576.jpg

hoping the new mx-3x i picked up will treat me well...

simo71
09-07-2010, 04:46 PM
A lot has changed with the spektrum since the Dx2.0 was released, believe me I was never a fan of the Spektrum gear back when I was racing cars . I now run a DX3s (in nsw Aust) & have only had reception issue with the telemetry receiver & not the SR300 or the marine receivers.

I think they have improved a great deal over time.