PDA

View Full Version : another miss g problem....

jnation89
09-06-2010, 02:14 PM
ok so someone help me figure this one out...
i took it out today to run and when i was arming it i noticed the steering was jumpy and kindy sticky. then it was sticking right. then it was not working at all. any ideas??? this is the second problem already i was suuper excited for this boat now just dissapointed.

jnation89
09-06-2010, 02:32 PM
n8HeKJJf9LQ

AndyKunz
09-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Did you unplug the rx at some point, and perhaps get the steering and throttle connections reversed? (Don't ask how I learned to ask that one ).

Do you have a good connection for power? Is the bind plug removed?

Andy

AndyKunz
09-06-2010, 02:36 PM
OK, now that I see the video. Did the servo get wet? That's exactly what happens when it does. It has a hard time centering properly, and doesn't respond well to inputs.

Andy

jnation89
09-06-2010, 02:39 PM
no i only ran it twice and it never had any water in the boat. i just got home and tried to re bind it and it worked ok for a few seconds but was still jittery.

AndyKunz
09-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Put a different servo on it. Don't bolt it in or anything, just hook it up and see how it behaves.

Andy

Rumdog
09-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Yep. Looks like the servo got wet.

jnation89
09-06-2010, 02:43 PM
ok im gonna see if i have another servo around here somewhere.

AndyKunz
09-06-2010, 02:53 PM
You got a PM too.

Andy

Diesel6401
09-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Agreed, I had this happen before. I sprayed some electrical contact cleaner into the servo plug let it dry hooked it back up and it worked. You can get some at home depot or lowes. I use expensive aviation contact cleaner that I "borrowed :spy:" from my old job. Crap is like $30 a can, but you can get some like I said at HD or lowes. It's worth a shot.

AndyKunz
09-06-2010, 03:04 PM
It's taken care of. He'll be getting a new servo from Customer Support tomorrow.

Andy

Diesel6401
09-06-2010, 03:09 PM
It's taken care of. He'll be getting a new servo from Customer Support tomorrow.

Andy

Sweet :thumbup1:

in-d-boat
09-06-2010, 03:12 PM
If the transmitter is too close to the reciever(less than 4 feet) or if the transmitter is located near metal objects (inside or around a pit trailer, metal transmitter case, in the bed of a truck, etc.)connection will take longer and maybe not at all.
Taken from the radio manual, page 9. I see in the vid that the boat is in the back of an SUV and the transmitter is pretty close. Maybe this has something to do with the problem. I'm guessing here.

dana
09-06-2010, 05:34 PM
i used to have that same problem with my elam. turned out in that instance the servo horn was hitting the receiver crystal and cause it to lose connection. finally i just soldered the crystal in. doesnt really relate but honestly, i sold it for a ul-1 and have never been happier. Not a big fan of proboat. i love their hulls...but i dunno, something just rubs me the wrong way about their products. i think i'll wait to see if the geico hull becomes available then build it myself

Rumdog
09-06-2010, 05:54 PM
lol. If you were serious about getting just the hull, you'd know it's already available. Why get the hull, if it rubs you the wrong way? The motor and esc are already proven to be excellent. Plus, the new 2.4ghz system for under 400 bucks.

Diesel6401
09-06-2010, 06:13 PM
lol. If you were serious about getting just the hull, you'd know it's already available. Why get the hull, if it rubs you the wrong way? The motor and esc are already proven to be excellent. Plus, the new 2.4ghz system for under 400 bucks.

It's not g-freak so it sucks :doh:

jac4412
09-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Diesel lovvvveeesss gfreak

dana
09-06-2010, 07:12 PM

read again. i said i love the hulls ya knucklehead. Honestly i've had nothing but trouble with the proboat electronics, i love their hulls tho. and where are the hulls available? im talking hull only...

jac4412
09-06-2010, 07:47 PM
http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/marineonline/b1_proboat/b1_catamaran/b1_miss_geico/b1_miss_geico.html

Well that shows the part listing, not sure if theyve gotten the hull only out yet

AndyKunz
09-06-2010, 09:23 PM
I was told hulls are here. I'll check in the morning.

Andy

dana
09-06-2010, 09:27 PM
I was told hulls are here. I'll check in the morning.

Andy

thanks andy

scoota
09-06-2010, 11:09 PM
read again. i said i love the hulls ya knucklehead. Honestly i've had nothing but trouble with the proboat electronics, i love their hulls tho. and where are the hulls available? im talking hull only...

Calling people KNUCKLEHEADS will get you no where on hear !!!! Does G- FREAK have a forum , you might be better off posting your uncalled for comments on there !!!!

Diegoboy
09-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Tone it down a notch please...

AndyKunz
09-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Hulls are here, but only a couple are left. I think you guys ordered them all over the weekend! Snooze ya lose!

Andy

dana
09-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Calling people KNUCKLEHEADS will get you no where on hear !!!! Does G- FREAK have a forum , you might be better off posting your uncalled for comments on there !!!!
i was trying to be nice "shrug" . By the way your grammar is terrible

Diesel6401
09-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Diesel lovvvveeesss gfreak

Lovvvveeeeessssses to hate :rofl:

scoota
09-07-2010, 08:19 PM
i was trying to be nice "shrug" . By the way your grammar is terrible

MMM my grammer is bad , that's rich coming from someone that uses words like nucklehead to describe a fellow member :doh:

dana
09-07-2010, 08:28 PM
MMM my grammer is bad , that's rich coming from someone that uses words like nucklehead to describe a fellow member :doh:

hey the guy tried to call me out and make me look like an a$$. so in my opinion he was being a knucklehead."here" |hi(ə)r|
adverb
1 in, at, or to this place or here---- "hear" |hi(ə)r|
verb ( past heard |hərd|) [ trans. ]
perceive with the ear the sound made by (someone or something) :

scoota
09-07-2010, 08:38 PM
hey the guy tried to call me out and make me look like an a$$. so in my opinion he was being a knucklehead."here" |hi(ə)r|
adverb
1 in, at, or to this place or here---- "hear" |hi(ə)r|
verb ( past heard |hərd|) [ trans. ]
perceive with the ear the sound made by (someone or something) :

Now your just making your self look like a bigger a$$ , give us a break :ThumbsDown01:

dana
09-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Now your just making your self look like a bigger a$$ , give us a break :ThumbsDown01:

wow what an A$$ cork this guy is. I'm sure Rumdog can defend himself if he wants to scoota... get over me already lol

JimClark
09-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Back on the post guy's

dana
09-07-2010, 08:48 PM
I was on the posts jim, until people started giving me crap. anyhow, HH want 200 bucks for this hull... seems kinda pricey to me considering what i've been reading so far. nice looking boat tho....

Diesel6401
09-07-2010, 09:02 PM
I was on the posts jim, until people started giving me crap. anyhow, HH want 200 bucks for this hull... seems kinda pricey to me considering what i've been reading so far. nice looking boat tho....

It's a very VERY well built hull. The more I look over it the more impressed I am with it. I think for $200 you will be very happy with the looks and build of this hull. Honestly though its worth the extra $150 to just get the RTR. I sold my radio for $45 and I am sure you could get over $120 for brand new motor/esc, new their $89 a piece. The hardware on this boat is very nice as well and very high quality. The rudder is a beautiful piece of work.

Rumdog
09-07-2010, 09:04 PM

This is all that I said. User error cannot be compensated for. Like I said, the electronics have proven to be reliable. :hug1:

forescott
09-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Hulls are here, but only a couple are left. I think you guys ordered them all over the weekend! Snooze ya lose!

Andy

Does the hull & hatch come pre-decaled?? Would be nice to know! Thanks!!

Rumdog
09-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Also, does it come with the tupperware style lid?

dana
09-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Ok ok ...moving on, I have ul-1 motor/ speed control and all hardware for a cat. Just thought this would be a good hull for these extra parts I have

Rumdog
09-07-2010, 09:43 PM
That gear should work well in this hull. Are you gonna snag one up before they sell out?

dana
09-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Possibly. I'm looking at a kintec hull as well. I'm a little apprehensive about the geico because of an apparent porpoising ? I kinda like the kintec hull

jac4412
09-07-2010, 10:46 PM
I've heard mixed reviews on the porpoising... since I havent run it myslef I can't give you a first hand account but my good friend has his running with an x642 and riding smooth as it can be

Diesel6401
09-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Possibly. I'm looking at a kintec hull as well. I'm a little apprehensive about the geico because of an apparent porpoising ? I kinda like the kintec hull

The Kintec Cat hull is a HOR Apparition sometimes also called HOTR. If you do a search on that name you will find a lot of info on that cat. A lot of good reviews on that cat. The Geico porpoising (you can see it in my video in my signature) is just a matter of time for guys to figure it out. Like any new boat it takes a little time to figure out the hulls characteristics, but the hull really turns on well. Either choice would be a good one. JMO

andym
09-08-2010, 12:54 AM
:popcorn2::popcorn2: I just love a good fight, hit with the left hook Scoota, I could not imagine getting this stirred up over a dodgy RTR with the wrong cable and bad servo's :rofl::rofl:

scoota
09-08-2010, 01:14 AM
:popcorn2::popcorn2: I just love a good fight, hit with the left hook Scoota, I could not imagine getting this stirred up over a dodgy RTR with the wrong cable and bad servo's :rofl::rofl:

Every RTR has its problems & if everbody didnt have to have the latest boat on the market right away all this crying over minor stuff would be avoided , i cant stand people saying one product is better than another .

Do what i do & hold off buying & see what teething problems they have & wait for proboat , aquacraft to rectify them & then buy one...

Thats why i waited for the 2nd gen UL1 to come out & thats why my turn fin has not broken off or my water jacket does not leak ...

just my 2 bobs worth :zip-up:

andym
09-08-2010, 01:17 AM
Never bought one,

scoota
09-08-2010, 01:26 AM
You would think a flex shaft is the end of the world , but on the other hand its sad that Steven had to add a flex shaft & put up the price of the boat to sell them , cause of Proboats screw up !!!!!

scoota
09-08-2010, 02:07 AM
Never bought one,

I must admit the only boat i havent had any problems with was the DF hull i built from the ground up LOL

Jeff Wohlt
09-08-2010, 08:12 AM
Mine comes on Thrus so we will see if the decals are on but I think not so I ordered a set. Hardware is a great deal. I could always use a set of decals anyway for another build.

I hate to see this boat be knocked so soon. Every RTR has had problems...this one is minor compared to the UL1. Cornering alone is a big + when running this hull.

Boomer
09-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Can you kids just be still? Now, say I am sorry and shake hands. Perhaps a "time out" will be necessary.

I think the term "knuckle head" used in the right tone, might be a term of endearment. That's what Paul Winchell used to call Jerry Mahoney back
in the day.

As very wise man once said "relax, don't worry, be happy" Life is to short to get your panties in a bunch over something so small.
Boomer