PDA

View Full Version : Miss Geico run time

kevink
09-02-2010, 10:09 PM
I ran my Miss Geico for the first time today with flightmax 5800mah batteries. I got about 7 minutes runtime before hitting lvc. Is this about right?

Diesel6401
09-02-2010, 10:27 PM
I ran my Miss Geico for the first time today with flightmax 5800mah batteries. I got about 7 minutes runtime before hitting lvc. Is this about right?

7 minutes is a VERY long time. Cut your run time down and avoid hitting the LVC. It is not good on the batteries to rely on the lvc every time. Aim for 3-5 minute runs times. Your electronics and batteries will last a longer if you time your runs, monitor your tempertures and always grease the flex shaft every 3-5 runs at a minium. Happy boating.

JimClark
09-02-2010, 10:27 PM
sounds like you ran it too long to me unless you like to replace gear or batteries fairly frequently

kevink
09-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Thanks a bunch guys. I'm learning a lot on this site. Learning that fast electrics are much tougher on electronics and more sensitive to setup than cars or helis. I'm now addicted to RC boats.

Fluid
09-02-2010, 11:11 PM
That's around 55 amps average draw, which can create a lot of heat over seven minutes. Get a IR meter and measure the heat of the motor, ESC and cells.

Even if the temperatures are not excessive - over 140F on the cells - hitting a 3 volt LVC is not good for the cells. The 80% rule is a good guideline - use no more than 80% of cell capacity. This means you want to use no more than 4500 mAh to bring the cells back to full charge after a run.