PDA

View Full Version : IMPBA D12 Points Race #5 Hagerstown, MD (last race of the season)

Chilli
09-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Okay Guys, Last race of the D12 season is September 24-26 at Greebrier State Park south of Hagerstown, MD. Brought to you by the R/C Model Boaters of Baltimore.

It's been a great year. Lets close it out with bang. But no controller smoke. :huh:

FE Classes are not listed on the flyer, so sign up for:
B-Mono if you want to run P-mono
B-Hydro for P-Spec Hydro
B-Tunnel for P-Spec Tunnel

FE's also allowed in Novice (no riggers), Open Cat and Open Offshore.

Hope to see you there. I would love to see some of our FE brothers from up north come up and join us!!!

Diegoboy
09-02-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm off that weekend! I just have to come up with an alternative for the Viper. 24.5" is too small in the wake of the big gassers. I have to assume that Novice will still have big gas boats in that race too...

Diegoboy
09-02-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm going to start building my Matrix! Wish me luck.

Chilli
09-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Danny, In two years I've only seen gas boats in novice the last two races. The one guy that ran novice at the race in Centreville moved up to LSG cat last race. I did not recognize any of the racers running gassers at the OD race. I think many of them were OD racers that rarely travel to district races. Maybe Chuck can help out. Would love to have you guys come up though.

I don't have to wish you luck. You build nice boats!!!

hazegry
09-03-2010, 10:14 AM
well if Danny goes up there I wish him good luck. Chili if it wasnt for you Mike, Chuck, Danny, Kent and some of the OD guys I have met I would be chucking in the towel on the IMPBA thing. I wont ever run in novice again the guy with the gas mono was a nightmare I call him manny the mangler. Danny and I have some big plans and I am hoping we can get them to reality soon. I should have saved my cash and started next year. but live and learn.

Diegoboy
09-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Jason,
Keep in mind when this years season is over, all swap shops will be flooded with race boats & parts for sale.
Check out Jesse J's signature and let me know how we will approach 2011

hazegry
09-03-2010, 11:20 AM
P spec hydro- rigged insanity
P hydro Jae-21 for me
2012 1/8 scale hydro nice slow build are we going to do the aquacraft thunderpower or Mikes hull I like mikes hulls better but if many runs it over I will kill him

Chilli
09-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Jason, Dick called me last night and one of the things we discussed was the novice class. He told me novice used to be .40 nitro and smaller. I'm pulling John out of novice next year. He has not had fun the last two races. Even though many of us will be pulling out of the class next year, we need to make things better for the new guys that come up behind us. How do we do that? First we discuss the situation on the boards which is what were doing now. Then we talk to our club officers (for you guys Dick & Tim) and bring up the problem with them. They are the ones who bring up proposals on our behalf and vote in the district meeting. If it's something big like the FE rules we did last year, write up a proposal and send a copy to Don and all the club officers in the district. Attend the winter meeting and state your case. As for the novice class, I'm pretty sure Dick is going to bring that up next meeting in February. And I will tell my club officers what I think about the situation. Now as far as some of the driving on Saturday. It was NOT up to D12 standards and Don very eloquently voiced is displeasure at the drivers meeting on Sunday. :o

As Don said, the FE rules this year are in a one year trial and I don't see any reason why we won't be able to run the same classes next year. Building any other boat to race is a crap shoot. You may be able to race it next year....you may not. With the classes we have now, you can run a Tunnel, a mono, a rigger and even a sport hydro. Keep in mind that running one class in a weekend gets boring real quick. Plus the more heats you run, the faster your driving skill will improve. Also, we're seeing speeds in the upper 50's with the JAE in Spec class. If you build a P-hydro and if you will be allowed to race it, will you be able to handle 65+ mph speeds????

For my plans next year, I will stay in all the classes I run in now (P-mono, P-spec Hydro and P-spec Tunnel). I want John to run in more than one class next year. The poor kid has been bored to tears running one heat every three hours. I'm going to build John either a JAE or Whiplash sport hyrdo to run in P-spec hydro and VS2 (P-Spec Tunnel).

hazegry
09-03-2010, 01:08 PM
I understand what your saying Chili I just didnt care for the way somethings were worded in the other thread so I spoke my mind. Danny and myself are building boats within the classes available but we are also building the 1/8 scale hydros for us if no class we will run our own those are more for fun we want to run the offshore circuit with them. I am pretty sure we will have the driving and boats dialed in before we run again. I would like to run more than 2 classes but the funds arent there for now.

Chilli
09-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Coool!!!:rockon2:

hazegry
09-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Chili I will be in FL when you guys race let me know how you guys do maybe next year some of us can run up there and run with you guys.

Chilli
09-04-2010, 12:08 AM
No problem Jason. Take advantage of the club races as much as you can. Those races are a great opportunity to practice starts and running the course. No other club in the district has that. We dont even set up the race course in my club when we test n tune.

Hopefully there will be no Gas boats in novice this race. John has had a tough year and hasnt made it to the podium yet. He took a second and third in two races last year. His steering when nuts on him in Chesapeake. So I replaced his rudder, steering servo and put my 2.4G reciever in his boat. If that don't fix it, nothing will.

My Titan 33 P-mono is officially toast. It was my first FE and I'm sad to see it go. But I'll have a new P-mono ready for next year.

hazegry
09-04-2010, 08:03 AM
that sucks man My servo was part of my steering issues at the lake mine went totaly dead. I plan on burning holes in the lake out there as often as I can next year will be better.

Diegoboy
09-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Maybe, just maybe instead of combining novice; how about an IC novice and an FE novice?
or
a less that 30" novice and a greater than 30" novice (FE & IC)

Lets exaggerate the situation for the sake of proving a point:
I'm a newb with an RTR DF mini hydro. I ran it alone then modded it with a slightly better motor. I want to enter the racing circuit. I start in novice.
My 16" hydro now has to be in the water with 36" gas cats and such. I loose sight of my boat in the wake of the others and flip it. It's too small to see and it gets run over multiple times. My boat is destroyed and so are the chances of the club gaining a new member. (dreams shattered for both the new racer and the club's growth)

Just a thought