PDA

View Full Version : Cell phones

Doozie870
11-01-2007, 10:06 AM
This email was sent to me which I thought very informative so I am passing the information on.

REMINDER....all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies today (10-29-07) and you will start to receive sale calls.

....YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:

888-382-1222.

It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time
It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.
HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.
It take about 20 seconds.

Eyekandyboats
11-01-2007, 11:51 AM
does it work?

Fluid
11-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the infomration, but it is half BS. Here is the word off the National Registry site:

You may be one of many consumers who have received e-mails saying you’re about to be assaulted by unwanted telemarketing calls to your wireless phone. Rest assured that placing telemarketing calls to wireless phones is -- and always has been -- illegal in most cases.

Why the Confusion?

The confusion seems to stem from recent discussions in the wireless phone industry about establishing a wireless 411 phone directory, much like your traditional (wired) 411 phone directory. A number of e-mail campaigns seem to suggest that if your wireless telephone number is listed in a wireless 411 directory, it will be available to telemarketers, and you will start to receive sales calls. In addition, some of these e-mail campaigns suggest that there is a separate do-not-call “cell phone registry,” which you must call to have your wireless phone number covered by the do-not-call rules. This information is wrong.

-- The "No Call" registry has been accepting cell phone numbers since 2003. But telemarketers are prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission from using automatic dialers to call cell phones.

-- There is no deadline to register a home or cell phone.

-- You may register up to three phones by clicking on www.DoNotCall.gov. You will receive a confirmation e-mail, and you should stop getting most calls within 31 days.

-- You may also register by calling 1-888-382-1222.

-- If you change your mind, you may take your number off the list by calling the same number.

-- Once registered, your number will be on the list for five years.

mike a.
11-09-2007, 11:16 PM
Over the past year i have been getting phone calls on my cell phone like once a week or two. it was not an automated one. i put my phone on the list by going to that site and they have a spot there to enter in cell phones. i have not gotten any more calls since then. i never have gotten an automated one on my phone though. some of there calls entertained me because i would just mess around and say stupid stuff.