PDA

View Full Version : Gone for two weeks

Diegoboy
11-01-2007, 06:44 AM
I'm leaving the country for two weeks. If I don't answer a PM, I'm not ignoring you, I'll be unable to answer till I get back. :tongue_smilie:
Anyway, I had a horrible time last night because I am nervous about the flight(s) I don't have a problem with flying, it's "crashing" I have an issue with. If a lifejacket is required by law on a boat, then why is a parachute not required on a plane? That gives me an Idea. I'll start a Poll. I'll check the stats when I get back. Anyway... let the jokes begin...

SJFE
11-01-2007, 04:49 PM
I will never understand what the passenger compartment can't be constructed in a way that would allow for a seperation and parashute decent. I totaly get not installing ejection seats in passehger liners. 150 armed rocket motors inside a plane is just silly. Now on an aricraft like a 747-400 I realize the weight of the plane is just to much. But take a smaller planes such as a Dc-9 or 575. @ 80000 pounds about 1/10th the weight of a fully loaded 747 I think it can be done. Even if you had to section the passenger compartments with preasurized doors. It seems odd in this day and age that aircraft are left only to the skill of piolets, inspetion every so many hours & luck.

NorthernBoater
11-01-2007, 07:07 PM
I can just imagine the chaos of all the passengers trying to get out the doors if they gave everyone a parachute.

SJFE
11-01-2007, 07:13 PM
allow for a seperation and parashute decent.
What I ment was the entire compartment seperating then a rocket propelled shute would deploy and float the whole thing down :wink: .