PDA

View Full Version : Rio brushless coversion help!!!!

shannon87
08-30-2010, 06:27 AM
Hi my name is shannon oshea and im trying to get some info on the esc combo im goin to run which is a seaking 3600kv with a max amp draw of 55 amps and a seaking 60 amp esc anyways goin off this site people have recommended chang props to either a 38x55 or an octura x438 to reduce prop walk and anyways someone advised they used the same combo with a 30 mm prop and it done nothin but cavitate and they stated they went up a few mm and on a full power run the esc cut out im going to run it jus on 7.4v 2s lipo as it is going to be powerful as it is i dont know wat hull set up he was using but since this is a rio specifc forum i trust the advice of members here and bein a newbie and bein in aus where boating isnt that popular dont help lol the combo is well within my budget and i cant really go to much higher but since its a matched combo and the motor draws max of 55 amps i was hopin i was goin to be safe but anyways any futher help would be greatly appreciated i have attached a pic of the combo but there is another combo with a 3060 kv motor and 90 amp esc also from hobbywing but the 3600 combo was 20$ cheaper so thats why i was going for that better to go fo a higher esc and slightly slower motor then ill go that way thanks to everyone who posts

Jesse J
08-30-2010, 09:58 AM
not sure what your question is... its hard to read one long runon sentence.

but keep in mind that you want more cushion than 5amps between what the motor is rated and what the ESC is rated. I would stay on the higher amp side for the esc. I was running a 3000KV motor with a 120amp esc and things were still getting warm on a 40mm prop and 2S. Remember, $20 more is nothing when comparing burning up esc, batteries, hull and possibly more with a minimized set up. Also boats pull more amps since they are going up hill all the time.

shannon87
08-30-2010, 06:12 PM
thanks jesse j and sorry bout the long message its jus bein a newbie i have alot of questions and sinc eyou know waty your talkin bout and it makes sence thats why im going with the combo of a 3060kv motor and 90 amp esc and a 38 mm prop and yer when i think bout full scale boats and when i watch them u can tell there under a constatnt load so it makes sence that its the same for rc boats anyways thanks again