PDA

View Full Version : Time to put up SV owners

Doug Smock
10-31-2007, 05:33 PM
Do you guys have what it takes???
From Don Wollard, Rumrunners Racing.
FE 4 is now official. April 17 - 20th @ Valdosta Georgia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok Gents. Looks like 2008 will be a GREAT year for FE Competition.

Got a call from Glenn Quarles last eve and FE 4 is now official. This will be a 4 day event for the electric guys. The details are still in the making but here is the basic scoop.

2 days of the event will feature " Worlds Fastest SV 27 Competition". This should be a hoot...so dust off your boats, Gents. More on this soon ...but essentially, Aquarcraft and FlightPower have team up with RumRunnerRacing.com to get a little competition going for this great boat. There will be 3 competitions (1) Box stock with Lipo's and ONLY a prop change allowed (2) Unlimited (any motor, hardware or set-up)...the original hull and original lid are required (3) Concours.

SV's will be featured on the water Friday and Sat. The event will give water time prioroity to current record holders or any boater which, in the CD opinion, is a pending record breaker. Otherwise the SV will have time on Friday and Sat....something like 9a until 4p. It will be open water with the timing lights active from 8a until dark.

All the usual classes apply. All the IMPBA rules for Lipo's / cells apply. Jason will be cooking but I don't have the days yet. Otherwise food and lodging is available nearby. Camping is permitted at lakeside. Bring your own Pop-up or tent. I suggest you bring your own power source if you have access to same.

Make those SV's pretty, boys. I hope to see 8th scale out this spring as well as perhaps a few early 'contest' 10th scale hydro's (from the coming RumRunner Build contest of 2008 season). My 10th scale will be there ..... For sure.

BIG THANKS to all the early sponsors for the SV Competition. Aquarcraft has really stepped .... wait till you guys see the raffle they have pony'd up. Flightpower will also offer there support as well as SUPER raffle prizes.

Additional sponsorships include ..... Fuller's Fast Electrics will have an upgrade hardware package with discount's for just for FE 4 competitors, OffShore Electrics will be in with 'special deals" and set-up's available, Dougie at RumRunnerHobbies will do a few special Unlimited set-up I heard and I expect several other Vendors will be joining the mix soon. You guys are the BEST ... thx for your sponsorship. Hope to see Ray, StephenV and Dougie at the event.

More soon. A sign up page and event flyer is in the making.

Doug
Its 5:00 somewhere!

Ctonez
10-31-2007, 09:12 PM
unfortunately "what it takes" is a ticket to GA. which is beyond my FE budgetary limits...
otherwise I'd definitely represent...:D

Doug Smock
11-01-2007, 08:33 AM
Eighty two views and only one reply??? No interest or is it too early?:confused:

I know there are about FOUR THOUSAND of you guys out there.:)

Doug

SJFE
11-01-2007, 07:06 PM
I have spoken to my better half. It look good for us baring an early arival. The Mrs will be 8 months along :). That being said I hope there are hotels with in a reasonable driving distance....lol. The most pressing issue is my lack of an SV :D.

Doug Smock
11-01-2007, 07:42 PM
I have spoken to my better half. It look good for us baring an early arival. The Mrs will be 8 months along . That being said I hope there are hotels with in a reasonable driving distance....lol. The most pressing issue is my lack of an SV

There are hotels 1 exit north of the lake.
Maybe if you search the forum you can find someone that buys and sells boats ALOT. :D That person might be able to help you find a SV27 or another boat that meets your needs.:roflol: :roflol:
Really, it would be too cool if you and some of the other forum members could make the trip. Remember, it's a IMPBA SAWs event, with SV27 straightaways, you won't regret it.:w00t:

Doug

SJFE
11-01-2007, 09:44 PM
I'd be a liar if I said there are not 3 boats in my watching file @ the moment :D. But I watch alot of stuff. If I wait long enough one will fall into my lap for nothing. Just like the last 2 boats :wink: .

Doug Smock
11-01-2007, 09:53 PM
I'd be a liar if I said there are not 3 boats in my watching file @ the moment :D. But I watch alot of stuff. If I wait long enough one will fall into my lap for nothing. Just like the last 2 boats :wink: .

LOL:smile:
I hope to see you there running something wicked fast!!

Doug

Eodman
11-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Hey SJ if you don't have one & you really want to go I'll lend you one of mine! The catch to this is any upgrades you do to it have stay with it afterward!

I'm only up at Exit 129 on the Parkway!

SJFE
11-02-2007, 05:28 PM
THANKS!!!! Dude you need to come on down and run with us. You can be member #3 :D. If the wind is reasonable Sunday we will be out.

Ken Haines
11-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Just to pass along the Hampton Inn / Valdosta Conference Center, is a very nice hotel about 3 miles north of the Blue Lake on I-75 exit-16. I'll give them a top recommendation for hotels in that immediate area. Check it out on-line for pricing. They may be listed under Hilton, since they own the Hampton chain now.
just thought i would pas this along.
Ken

TerryC
11-13-2007, 08:15 AM
so if it is box stock does it have to be the original color or can you paint the hull to your liking

Doug Smock
11-13-2007, 09:15 AM
so if it is box stock does it have to be the original color or can you paint the hull to your liking

Paint it up however you want !!!

Doug :smile:

obrien
11-19-2007, 10:25 PM
What kind of realistic speeds are the guys in the stock class going to be running? I am sure the mod class will be interesting to see how many can keep the boats right side up.

supervee1981
03-29-2008, 10:32 AM
i would go but i cant afford the tickets and the gas prices are rediculous as well.

Doug Smock
03-29-2008, 09:57 PM
i would go but i cant afford the tickets and the gas prices are rediculous as well.

No doubt.
It would be nice to see some of you guys make the trip though.

Doug