PDA

View Full Version : cadillac theme

Eyekandyboats
10-31-2007, 02:57 PM
Hey guys.
With a lot of effort i did it. The crest and the script was the hardest. All done with DXF pen for cutting. Took a long time But i am very happy with the results!.
This will be my new theme for my race boats! my boats will have
the crest ( 4th gen) V series logo(5th gen) Cadillac script (3-5th gen) and then 32 Valve northstar logo (4th gen)
The crest that you see that is broken apart it going in the back window of my car!( that is why the crest is reversed) i thought it would be cool.
And i will be doing the crest in gold and then rest in black
Like it ? The computer and loading it to the net has taken down the resolution alot.
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s174/eyekandy19/cadillactheme.jpg

Eyekandyboats
11-02-2007, 10:47 PM
Wow guys. comments just flooding in.

pictures from the pond
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s174/eyekandy19/adrienne059.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s174/eyekandy19/adrienne056.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s174/eyekandy19/adrienne055.jpg

Mich. Maniac
11-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Wow, def. looks like lots of time and patience. you print them yourself?

Eyekandyboats
11-02-2007, 10:56 PM
Yep i cut them on a laser.
and there was tons of time But applying them i did in the car. LOL
i was late . . riped them off the laser and drove down and put them on in the car to display them at the show.
Pretty damn good . . . Its no worse them women putting lipstick on in the car.

RMZDADDY
11-02-2007, 11:25 PM
That looks awesome on that Triton. Did you use available vector art or did you have to draw that? I find many vector (eps) logos at brandsoftheworld.com for my plotter cut designs. That is some cool work you have done there!

Eyekandyboats
11-03-2007, 08:35 AM
i drew it all .

Steven Vaccaro
11-03-2007, 08:44 AM
Nice job. Looks like you have a talent worth building on. Plus I'm a Caddy fan.

SJFE
11-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Thats some great work man. Nicley done!

Eyekandyboats
11-03-2007, 09:39 PM
thanks guys
At the show i got alot of people asking about it. and liking it .
Steve. I'm a mad caddy fan. i think they are just so sweet!.

G Doggett
12-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Hi Eyekandy
I am just starting to build a Toysport Triton myself and am curious to know your set up - motor,prop, batteries etc.
I have also discovered there are at least two versions of this hull, with and without self righting, but also with and without steps on the bottom.
Mine is I guess the 'basic' model with no self righting and no steps but it has a ride pad about 14 inches long extending out to 3/4 wide at the transom.
I will be setting it up with an 8XL and 12 cells with lipos planned for the future.
Graham.

Eyekandyboats
12-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Hey there Graham.
My boat is as you can see the self righting boat, and DOES have steps. Although they are not on the ride pad, they are still steps, and it has 90 deg ending strakes which are, like steps illegal in the MONO class of racing.
Graham, I believe there is only one "hull" design but two models of the hull, one with and one with out the chamber.
Believe it or not those little indentations on the outside edges of the hull ARE in infact steps. although they are not on the ride pad, the boat is illegal for a mono class.
If you are racing then you will have a tough time running in mono.
Why Joseph did that i have no idea. I will be griding down the end of the strakes and filling in the steps on the Hull.

I run speed master 3/16th stinger, and a rudder i got some somewhere? Prather trim tabs and some no-name turn fins ( like the one OSE sells)
for power. I have 4s2p 5000's Mah packs sitting int he back, a Neu 1521 1.5D and a hydra 240 to give it life.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s174/eyekandy19/pictures1039-2.jpg

Avanti
12-02-2007, 08:44 PM
:thumbup1: That boat is just sick.

obrien
12-02-2007, 09:03 PM
what kind of performance do you get out of that combo?

The boat looks great!

Eyekandyboats
12-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Thanks Avanti27

I expect to see 55mph out of it for a oval heat racing.

Avanti
12-02-2007, 09:31 PM
do you have any pics that show how that self righting chamber works (is laid out)?

obrien
12-02-2007, 10:04 PM
do you have any pics that show how that self righting chamber works (is laid out)?

mm you think you need that? lol

G Doggett
12-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Hi Eyekandy
Thanks for the info re your settup.
I have sent an email off to Joseph ( Mr Toysport ) as although I now can't find it, I am sure I have seen a picture of this boat with two deep steps underneath.
I'm just interested in the pros and cons of the hull shapes and Joseph is a hull guru.
By the way we don't race mono class down here, we run cats and DVs together as Offshore, and steps, ride pads etc are no problem.
Graham.

Eyekandyboats
12-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Hey there Graham.
This is my hull. you can see tiny dips in the side which are steps.
I have pattered the hull already that is why it looks dirty, it is not dirty it is just sanding down hi spots.

G Doggett
12-03-2007, 02:13 PM
My hull is exactly the same as yours ( without the self- righting ).
Interesting shape, - all the 'steps' and strakes are in the area of the hull that spends most of its time out of the water !
I see yours also has the strange little notched area at the rear end of the r/h strake ?
Can't for the life of me figure out what that is supposed to do.
Joseph must have put it there for a reason.
Graham.

Eyekandyboats
12-03-2007, 02:29 PM
if you look at the first picture in my last post you will see the notch

Eyekandyboats
12-03-2007, 02:34 PM
it is basically a blocked off side of the boat that fills with water when it is at rest.
But you can not just cut one into any boat, The mass of the water ( volume) must be enough to right the boat. so possibly equal or more then the mass of the actual hull dry weight.

G Doggett
12-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Just had an email from Joseph and no I wasn't hallucinating they do sell a stepped version of the Triton, but I think only in Europe.
The first step is in line with the small steps on the 'non-stepped' hull and the second big step is about 6 inches from the stern.
It also doesn't have the ride pad.
When I asked him about the pros and cons of the two versions he indicated that the 'non-stepped' would handle better for our type of set up mainly because of the ride pad.
So theres a bit of useless information for you !!
Graham.

Eyekandyboats
12-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Thanks. i like how he says handle better.
personally i think the triton does not handle very well

G Doggett
12-09-2007, 02:40 PM
What don't you like about the handling ?
Mine will be running 12 cells in offshore type races so max speed will be only around the mid 40s.
Being a bit of a scale boat nut, I must admit I bought the Triton and the Jolly Cat mainly because they look like real boats and of course the build quality.
If its not as fast as a racing ' thingy' I'm not too bothered.
Graham.

Eyekandyboats
12-09-2007, 02:50 PM
well when this boat ran with some other like delta's and seaducers it would not be able to handle as well because of the ride pad.
I noticed that alot from watching it for a while racing other boats

G Doggett
12-11-2007, 03:25 AM
OK , a couple of guys in our club have just bought Deltas so I guess it will be a challenge to make the Triton handle as well and keep up.
You have to admit it looks a hell of a lot nicer though !

Below are a couple of shots of my build progress so far.
The adjustable 'stinger' and rudder are home made from alloy stock and K & S stainless tubing.
The rudder blade is an old Aeromarine one I had kicking around.

Graham.

ED66677
12-11-2007, 05:35 AM
That's awsome!...
...and I know what I'm talking about, I'm doing same kind of job with my home made CNC with home made vinyl cutting blade! wich I had laser instead!
Did you say you did the draft by hand?
I'm using a software to convert any pix to DXF...

Eyekandyboats
12-11-2007, 08:25 AM
I draft all my art work by hand.

G
the strut looks fabulous nice work. How long did it take for you to make that ?

Ctonez
12-11-2007, 12:36 PM
OK , a couple of guys in our club have just bought Deltas so I guess it will be a challenge to make the Triton handle as well and keep up.
You have to admit it looks a hell of a lot nicer though !

I am in the same boat...haha pun intended. but seriously, I plan to run my Triton against a slew of DF's with Neu power...I haven't run it yet, but I'm nervous about all the 'bad handling' talk I've heard about the Triton in comparison.

Triton owners unite! Let's make this a "factory" effort and share info so we can all run strongly against the Delta Force empire!:w00t:
Are you with me?!?

-Corey

G Doggett
12-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Right on Corey !!!!

Triton owner unite against the Forces of the Delta.

At least if we do go down we did it in style.

Graham.

Member of the International Triton Racing Team.

Ctonez
12-11-2007, 01:41 PM
It's I'll post some pics of mine tonight...my sticker theme is gonna have you guys ROFL!

Triton Power!!!:buttrock:

Eyekandyboats
12-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Mine will be fast. I plan on Neu power as well. i want a 1527. nice lots of KV and long can to turn a even bigger wheel!

G Doggett
12-11-2007, 02:29 PM
How long did it take for you to make that ?[/QUOTE]

I guess about two evenings.

I make my own gear whenever possible as to me this is the most enjoyable part of the hobby - making stuff.

The 'stinger' is simply a piece of stainless tubing with a triangular bracket welded to it, and two pieces of alloy angle for mounting brackets.
The mounting holes in the bracket are oversize to allow a small amount of adjustment.

The rudder standoff mount was a bit more involved as it is from a piece of T section alloy cut out by hand with my trusty hacksaw to a tapered profile, and more angle alloy for mounting brackets.
It's very light but I think I will drill some lightening holes in it just to make it look cool.

It's amazing what you can do with a hacksaw, drill and hand files. Just takes time.

Graham.

Eyekandyboats
12-11-2007, 03:10 PM
it looks nice. But i think my boats butt looks hotter!
when are you going to put on you trim tabs and fins ?

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s174/eyekandy19/pictures1039-2.jpg

Ctonez
12-12-2007, 01:56 PM
...as promised, I took a few pics last night!
(see the "Behold!!!My Big Johnson!!!" thread)

here's my Triton's fine booty:tongue_smilie: :

G Doggett
12-12-2007, 03:23 PM
OK, so my Tritons butt is a bit bare without trim tabs and turn fins ( how embarrassing ).
What brand of adjustable tabs are you guys using, I might take the easy option and buy some rather than make my own.
Graham.

Ctonez
12-13-2007, 12:30 PM
OK, so my Tritons butt is a bit bare without trim tabs and turn fins ( how embarrassing ).
What brand of adjustable tabs are you guys using, I might take the easy option and buy some rather than make my own.
Graham.

My trims came on the hull when I bought the boat...I think they're Fuller's though. I don't know if he offers the carbon fiber version anymore, but the metal ones work as well.

Darin Jordan
12-13-2007, 12:58 PM
The metal ones have some advantages that I'll discuss with you Corey when we are at the lake next spring... I think they'll be helpful in getting your P-Mono dialed... ;)

Eyekandyboats
12-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Yeah the metal ones are great, you can put a curve in them or bend the outer corner for different desired effects

Ctonez
12-13-2007, 01:54 PM
The metal ones have some advantages that I'll discuss with you Corey when we are at the lake next spring... I think they'll be helpful in getting your P-Mono dialed... ;)

Yup...I was thinking that too. I can't wait to run some boats again. I have the FE fever...real bad:cursing: .

Darin Jordan
12-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Yeah the metal ones are great, you can put a curve in them or bend the outer corner for different desired effects

;) You got it Taylor! :D

Eyekandyboats
12-13-2007, 02:05 PM
:buttrock:
see i do more then just look good!

G Doggett
12-14-2007, 02:29 AM
Just bought a pair of Speedmaster Trim Tabs ( 2 1/4 x 1 3/4 ) which I have installed on its now not so bare butt.
Is there a prefered shape for the turn fins, I see some are curved back while others are straight down ?
I presume they shouldn't be too long so that most of the blade lifts out of the water on the straights.
Graham.