PDA

View Full Version : Corrosion X

keithbradley
08-27-2010, 09:02 PM
I just picked up a can in my last order from OSE. I've never used it before...anyone care to tell how/when you use it? I know people use it on their motors and esc's, but how often and how much do you use?:popcorn2:

teach
08-28-2010, 12:08 AM
I have seen it used on servos and receivers too. Spray them when they get wet, wait a while for it to dry, go have fun again.

Jeepers
08-28-2010, 12:22 AM
spray it before it gets wet. also spray it in the brushless motor to keep the magnets from rusting, fill it up and then let it drain out.

how good is it?
Ken Haines from Florida sank his outrigger at the 09 Michigan Nationals it was recovered 6-8 weeks later and the esc and motor were still operational.

HYDROJERRY
08-28-2010, 08:15 AM
My Miss Elam sank and i just soaked the inside of the motor and blew it out with my little air compressor and the next time she ran 41mph ...

pescador
08-28-2010, 11:18 AM
I also soak my flexshafts in it and use it for after-run in my nitro engines.

Rumdog
08-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Some say, Don't use it on receivers or esc's. It IS a penetrant and can damage boards. Otherwise, spray anything metal that can corrode. Don't worry about using too much.

HYDROJERRY
08-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Also watch out it is flamable when wet,, checkout Propperchopper's thread about his fire..

SweetZ28
08-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Some say, Don't use it on receivers or esc's. It IS a penetrant and can damage boards. Otherwise, spray anything metal that can corrode. Don't worry about using too much.

I sprayed my recivers and ESC's it's been like 5 years or more no problems at all...In fact if you call corrosion X they tell you that's what it's used on electronic boards and so fourth.

Jeepers
08-28-2010, 02:06 PM
just a note, I was recently warned not to use the Corrosion X HEAVY DUTY version on circuit boards as it will warp them. some guys I know found out the hard way.