PDA

View Full Version : Toledo

Doby
04-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Went to the Toledo RC show yesterday (4.5 hours each way )

Aquacraft had a display that included both SV27s and a Miss vegas , Mack Marine had a nice display and there was a guy there
with a $20,000 carbon fiber , turbine powered Miss Bud.
That was it , a bit disapointing to say the least , geart show if you are into Choppers and Planes .
To bad more manufacturers don't display their products :(
Its the best way to get new people involved in the hobby.
Just my opinion.:rolleyes:

properchopper
04-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Doby, I feel your pain. FE boating, as great as it is, has a small dedicated following, made up by some truly good people scattered all over the country. Yesterday I cruised three hobby shops for parts and the only boats I saw were outdated RTR's. Here in Los Angeles I can't find hardly anyone to run with who's into FE. The closest electric race[s] I can attend are @ 400 miles away. Don't despair, let's all just do our thing with hopes that growth will happen soon ! :o

ReddyWatts
04-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Does anyone have FE promotional video's that could be shown at public events? Maybe from different vendors, sanctioned races and sport running. It might help the local FE clubs to draw in new members. You could take some SV's to sell that would help pay for the booth and promote the sport instantly. Maybe some of you video guru's might put one together to share with everyone.

Steven Vaccaro
04-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Its about the same all over. If you want something different you have to travel to Europe!

ReddyWatts
04-15-2007, 07:38 PM
If you guys could post some links to some great FE video's that would be good for a promotional video. I know a video guru that would produce it for us free. Vendors video's would also be welcome.

SJFE
04-15-2007, 07:42 PM
I am collecting clips for a dvd now. Give me some more time and I'll have a complete dvd. Then maybe we can it duped.

ReddyWatts
04-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Cool! we will need to get written permissions to use anything that is copywrited.