PDA

View Full Version : Traxxas Titan

Old Vetter
08-27-2010, 09:47 AM
Now they say it's going to be late Sept before the Titan's release. Is this typical corporate politics trying to keep us from spending our money on someone elses products in anticipation of the new Titan? I am getting tired of being missled by these false release dates. Starting to look at other boats that I can enjoy before the weather gets cold. Sorry for the rant.

Doby
08-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Production / development/ shipping delays happen.......deal with it. Release dates change all the time on everything.

skellyo
08-27-2010, 10:28 AM
Starting to look at other boats that I can enjoy before the weather gets cold.

The Pro Boat Stiletto and Miss Geico are available now. :thumbup:

Shooter
08-27-2010, 10:42 PM
Yup......we are all waiting for the release of this boat. Actually, I'm most interested in the ESC. Curious as to the amp rating. In my experience, traxxas has always had fairly durable products (cars, trucks). Interested to see how this ESC turns out. If it's anything like their VXL line for cars, it will be the new benchmark for durability/price.

keithbradley
08-27-2010, 10:58 PM
Now they say it's going to be late Sept before the Titan's release. Is this typical corporate politics trying to keep us from spending our money on someone elses products in anticipation of the new Titan? I am getting tired of being missled by these false release dates. Starting to look at other boats that I can enjoy before the weather gets cold. Sorry for the rant.

In my opinion, yes, it is typical. Traxxas seems to do this with about every new product they release. I had a titan on order and canceled back in July. I havent regretted it one bit. There will always be the opportunity to buy one later down the road.

I considered buying the miss geico too, but ended up getting a toysport triton hull instead. If I were to choose a RTR boat, I would buy the one that is out right now and designed by a racer. The titan is a killer value being that it is TRULY RTR, comes with rx AND tx, but the earlier release of the competition is going to cost them some bucks Im sure!:Shame_on_You:

Steven Vaccaro
08-28-2010, 07:42 PM
Yup......we are all waiting for the release of this boat. Actually, I'm most interested in the ESC. Curious as to the amp rating. In my experience, traxxas has always had fairly durable products (cars, trucks). Interested to see how this ESC turns out. If it's anything like their VXL line for cars, it will be the new benchmark for durability/price.

Not all of those traxxas esc's went out without issue. Remember the e-Maxx.

onegreenray
08-29-2010, 04:07 PM
i am curious to see how the titan runs, promo videos don't do it for me. looking to have the opinions of other boater first. i love my sv27, curious if its as good?

Doug Doty
10-12-2010, 03:48 PM
I bought a Miss Geico and could not be happier, very fast and handled great out of the box.

Doug...

Old Vetter
10-12-2010, 04:27 PM
The Miss Geico looks like a very good FE boat. I am going to cancel my Titan order tomorrow. Sorry Traxxas but pretty soon the water's going to get hard again and I don't know if I can trust you. Dave

Doug Doty
10-12-2010, 05:03 PM
The videos on youtube are very accurate, ours looks just like that on the water and in fact handled some rougher water well, when it did go air born it flew level and re-entered well and went on without loosing speed. Every one with a boat or wanting one at the marina wanted a Miss Gieco instantly and said. " ELectric is the way to go these days. "