PDA

View Full Version : NAMBA FE NATS results

sjslhill
08-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Can someone please post the results here. I'd like to see who won. :w00t:

D. Newland
08-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Steven-Thanks to OSE for their support of this years race! It was good seeing you and meeting the boys.

Flying Scotsman
08-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Douggie was first in the wanker/idiot poll....first in the obnoxious poll....second in the beauty contest behind properchopper, he had a pink speedo :cursing:

Race results to follow.

Edit....Dave, beat me to the punch and very interesting results

Douggie

sjslhill
08-24-2010, 08:08 PM
Thanks!

Hydromaniac
08-24-2010, 08:08 PM
The top 3 have been posted here for 2 days as well.
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=11263&page=4

andym
08-25-2010, 05:52 AM
A think a VERY BIG CONGRATS to young Master Vacarro is in order, well done there Steven Jr !!

dtacmed
08-25-2010, 08:05 AM
Is it listed anywhere what boats and hull setups were used in each class.

Hydromaniac
08-25-2010, 08:15 AM
Is it listed anywhere what boats and hull setups were used in each class.

No we don't have all of that info, That would be just a ton of stuff to keep track of. Perhaps some of the guys may post their set ups.

sjslhill
08-25-2010, 08:53 AM
The IMPBA use to ask the racers to fill in that data at time trials. Motors, batteries ect. I don't think racers would want to tell you everything. I would be interested in knowing what Doug Twaits is up to these days, he always did something a bit different.

Hydromaniac
08-25-2010, 09:14 AM
The IMPBA use to ask the racers to fill in that data at time trials. Motors, batteries ect. I don't think racers would want to tell you everything. I would be interested in knowing what Doug Twaits is up to these days, he always did something a bit different.

:tape:At the FE nats Doug was always more then willing to share his set ups. But he and few others did do some things differently. They drove almost flawlessly!!:banana:

Steven Vaccaro
08-25-2010, 11:17 AM
Stevie was quite happy with his finish. Thanks for the recognition.

Doug is a outstanding person, both as a driver and fellow competitor. A quick story. I had a boat that needed a x432 style prop with a 3/16" hub. I couldn't find one so I used a plastic prop. When Doug saw this he said he had the perfect prop, a Prop Shop prop. Now for any of you that dont know these are tough to get. Doug handed it over without thinking about it. As a matter of fact he gave me two to try.

T.S.Davis
08-25-2010, 11:37 AM
That's the funny thing about FE in general. It's not just Doug. Guys will hand you anything in their toolbox to get you on the water. Fred needed a motor for P mono and offshore after the outrunner came in too hot. It was a brand new setup that didn't work out. PAGS just handed him a Neu motor that had never been used.

It really is a fine group of people.

Steven Vaccaro
08-25-2010, 12:22 PM
That's the funny thing about FE in general. It's not just Doug. Guys will hand you anything in their toolbox to get you on the water. Fred needed a motor for P mono and offshore after the outrunner came in too hot. It was a brand new setup that didn't work out. PAGS just handed him a Neu motor that had never been used.

It really is a fine group of people.

I agree.

6S HYDRO
08-25-2010, 04:04 PM
How did the new insane fe30 do out there compared to the whiplash's

D. Newland
08-25-2010, 04:24 PM
Whip's took the top 3 spots. I came in 4th w/the Insane, but I did pull the fast heat time of the day...barely.

Hydromaniac
08-25-2010, 04:27 PM
How did the new insane fe30 do out there compared to the whiplash's

IMO the whips are still the boat to beat. I think as CD I had the best overall view from most folks and whips just out ran the rest on the course. However in The insanes defense, I think most of them were almost new and not really dialed in just yet. But they are a great running hull as well.

Flying Scotsman
08-25-2010, 04:41 PM
Whip's took the top 3 spots. I came in 4th w/the Insane, but I did pull the fast heat time of the day...barely.

David, you know boats and are a very experienced/respected FE racer. I bought the Insane on the premis of a well handling hull. The puppy is still not built, but could you share some comments on the Whip and the Insane.

Douggie

D. Newland
08-25-2010, 05:29 PM
That's easy. Both are extremely capable hulls and run well together. Just ask Sean Kewley about our last LSH heat of the day! My boat was perfect...I was not. Plugged in 2S by mistake for heat 1 and speared a buoy in heat 4.

And I'll go w/Rod on his comments. I had about 5 minutes to get used to the Insane before my trip to Greeley.

LuckyDuc
08-25-2010, 06:24 PM
I don’t think that you could go wrong with either hull from what I’ve seen.

David did a great write up of both hulls competing in the final round HERE (http://www.rumrunnerracing.com/feforums/showpost.php?p=280005&postcount=328). The description doesn’t get any better… save being there in person of course.

Flying Scotsman
08-25-2010, 06:36 PM
I don’t think that you could go wrong with either hull from what I’ve seen.

David did a great write up of both hulls competing in the final round HERE (http://www.rumrunnerracing.com/feforums/showpost.php?p=280005&postcount=328). The description doesn’t get any better… save being there in person of course.

Wow, that is a great report...you guys are awesome :hug1: I have to race some of you mentors of the sport one of these days ...the Scotsman...last..sunk..looking for a beverage and a bonny lassie

Douggie

teach
09-09-2010, 12:59 AM
That's easy. Both are extremely capable hulls and run well together. Just ask Sean Kewley about our last LSH heat of the day! My boat was perfect...I was not. Plugged in 2S by mistake for heat 1 and speared a buoy in heat 4.

And I'll go w/Rod on his comments. I had about 5 minutes to get used to the Insane before my trip to Greeley.

Mr. Newland, what prop were you spinning at the nats?

D. Newland
09-09-2010, 01:11 PM
It was a Greg Schweers prop. Started as an X447 that was detounged, had the tips rounded, then back cut. I don't recall if any cup was added, but my setup could have used a touch.

An x445 that has been d/t and sharpened is still a very good prop for LSH. You can go fancy if you want, but there are props out there that will be very strong with minimal work. There's also the M445, but it seems thicker than an X445.

Not sure if the H5 is enough, or if the H7 is too much for LSH (for the "bigger" hulls). I haven't messed w/ABC's.

teach
09-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Thanks sir. I been playing around with Prather props lately. 220 and 225 have done really well with no work at all.