PDA

View Full Version : Carolinas

WrknItUp
08-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Interested in seeing what everyone else has done and watch a few races. Dont know where to go or know anyone. So how bout it? Whats going on in the Carolinas preferably South Carolina.

skiking1739
08-27-2010, 10:51 AM
WrknItUp,

Check out the thread below:

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=14692

There are 6 (maybe more) around the Charlotte NC area that are interested in starting a RC Boat Club; however at this time, we do not have a venue, but are still working on it.

What area are you from?

There are (2) RC Boating Sanctions in our area. NAMBA District 3 (NC,SC,GA, &FL), that have no clubs in NC,SC,GA, and 6 in FL.

IMPBA District 12 (MD,VA,NC) have 5 clubs, the nearest beint the Piedmont Prop Twisters in Greensboro, NC.

IMPBA District 13 (SC,GA) have 1 club in SC and 3 in GA.

The Charleston Model Boaters is hosting the Charleston Fall Nationals October 8, 9, and 10th. This will be a mix of Gas, Nitro and some FE. Will probably make that event - Charleston is a fun town to visit.

Hope this helps.

SkiKing

WrknItUp
09-11-2010, 01:41 AM
Yeah thats awesome to finally see a group close to home, but so far im still the only Southern Carolinian. lol not that i mind but the border is 2 hours from me. I stay in Darlington county. If your familiar with Nascar, i stay about 12 miles from "The Track Too Tough To Tame" Darlington Speedway & Museum. God thats a hell of a name. Might as well say it all amazingly not everyone knows about it. Any how i have a few nice ponds i get the opportunity to run on. One being a neighbors its not a huge pond but they really enjoy watching us tear up the water. Then of course there is "beaverdam pond" Its off the 151 Bobo Newsom - Clyde rd interchange in Hartsville SC 29550. There is also the big water lake Lake Robinson with the Nuclear plant also in Hartsville off the 151 bobo newsom - clyde rd.
Aswell with the rivers and such around here they stay pretty calm and clear, most you can walk about waist deep across for miles. I hope to find more places and people in south carolina taking up this hobby aswell so i dont have to drive as far.

WrknItUp
09-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Any one in the Carolinas who wants to start a venue or some kind of club. I had talked to our LHS owner today, and he wants to try to start a place at the college. Coker College just built a nice park with a decent size pond. Location is in town clean water no lilly pads or sticks and grass. In between Coker College and the Governors School for Math and Science in Hartsville South Carolina . If interested contact Brian @ www.bandithobbies.com and talk to him