PDA

View Full Version : Programing of stock ESCs

Team Jericho
08-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Guys, tried to re-program the stock ESC from Venom, these are the upgrade 60 Amp ones, water cooled etc. I wanted to set the cut-off to over 3 volts (having issues with burned out 4S Lipos !)

So I did that, but now only one motor is working, can't get the left(port) side motor working and have tried everything!

Question is please: is there a trick when programming the ESCs because there are 2 of them running in parallel? Does each ESC have to be programmed separately with the transmitter "beeps", or do both get programmed automatically and together?

Frustrating..I am starting to think that maybe I blew the left ESC when trying to re-program but that also makes no sense..

Thanks for any tips!

VIKOS
08-22-2010, 09:50 PM
they program together...

LarrysDrifter
08-22-2010, 10:38 PM
You can program separatley.1st,program the esc that has all 3 BEC wires,then unplug it when done,then plug in the other and program it.Doing both at the same time will drive you crazy.As long as both esc's are progammed the same,you ll have no problems.

hobie
08-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Hey, this boat was the whole reason I came on this forum. Love the reading and all the info. Bought this boat, and when I took it out of the box, I found the port motor mount was loose. Both motors worked, I tried programming the ESC's, and the starboard one stopped responding. Also did a water test, and found the motor that was loose was leaking at the motor??? Boat looks so sweet, just wish it would have run.
Took it back to the hobby shop, they just gave me my money back and said they've had nothing but problems with these boats.
I have a rio ep, upgraded to a velineon 3s system, but not a stable boat at higher speeds. The whole reason I got the ekos, Now I'm at a loss of what boat to get now.
They look awesome, but after my experience, I'm afraid of venom now.
I've heard the new electronics are better, but not willing to dump another $500 for something that doesn't work out of the Box and obviously didn't go through a final inspection before being packaged.

Hope you get yours all sorted out.

Team Jericho
08-23-2010, 10:42 AM
Thanks guys, I will try again today using both methods suggested. Btw, here is a short vid from the week-end at our pond, I run next after the guy with the white nitro hydro ( which I blow away now btw)...you will find that none of these boats are really RTR...probably built by rice farmers in a straw hut in China who have never seen them actually run, nor have any idea of what needs to be done ....especially if you want to compete at 50-60 mph speeds...3 months later after buying and 2 high speed crashes later, the only thing stock left on my EKOS is the servo and servo mount :) LOL

Here is vid:

http://www.youtube.com/user/CANADIANLOCO1?aia=true#p/a/u/0/hVCdcLffUoU

Bug777
08-23-2010, 03:22 PM
You can also use a programing card. Venom sent me 1 when i had issues with my esc's. All you do then is plug each esc into the card & flick through the menu's.
http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=1339