PDA

View Full Version : Help with the icharger 1010B+

keithbradley
08-18-2010, 10:56 PM
I picked up an icharger 1010B+. My intention is to charge (3) 3s lipos as 9s. The charger comes with a breakout board for balancing up to (3) 3s or 2s packs at once.

Here's my problem:
When I series the packs together and try to plug in the second balance plug, it arcs. Not a "just making a connection" arc, I mean a "short" type of arc. I gave up and decided to charge one 3s at a time with it first, and it did fine, then I tried (2) 2s. With the 2s I plugged teh balance connectors in FIRST, then series'ed the packs. It showed 4s and balance/charged both packs perfectly. So then I go to charge (2) 3s packs, and I go about it the same way, thinking that if I plug in the balance connectors first (although Im not sure why it would make a difference) it would work correctly.
That was not the case. When I tried to series the pack sit made a blinding arc and ruined two of my 8mm bullet connectors.

Im thinking there is something wrong with this breakout/balance board...Anyone else have any experience with this?

chuff
08-26-2010, 03:17 AM
I believe series charging is risky and I don't do it myself even though I too have a 1010B+. I understand that you DO need to be careful about the ORDER you plug things in. This post (its not mine) on another board may help you out.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1111324

Read down all the posts. Anything that gets so tricky should be avoided in my humble opinion.....

Chris