PDA

View Full Version : Left & right rotation questions

JPriami
08-18-2010, 07:29 PM
OK I have a set of venom prop shafts. there is a paper in there explaining rotation. But i need to make sure. because i think there is a problem

If your looing at the lines of the prop shaft and the end of it that hookes to the motors is pointed up and the end of it where the prop goes is pointed down.

if you look at the lines and the go from bottom to top in the swirl and they look like the are shapped like this / that is the left rotation cable and it has the counter clockwise prop (looking at the props from the back of the boat)on it that is on the right side of the boat if the boat is pointed nose up tail down. and if you look at the other prop cable and you see the lines going \ this is the right rotation cable and it gets the clockwise prop (looking at the props from the back of the boat) on it and it sits on the left side of the boat right? :confused1:

LarrysDrifter
08-18-2010, 10:20 PM
Heres an easier way to see it:
As a flex shaft turns,it wants to shrink or grow shorter.Grab a flex and imagine it turning,if you picture the coil tightening,thats the way it should be run.Look at your paper again.Its not that confusing.And you can change your motor rotation my swapping any 2 motor wires that plug into your esc.Just make sure both motors turn in opposite directions and the flex cables match that rotation.Then install your props accordingly.Once you get your wire drives you wont have to worry about flex rotation.I have mine set up so the "drivers" side prop turns clock-wise and "passenger" turns counter clock-wise.It dont matter what direction-just has to be opposite of eachother.If this confused you-let me know.Ill think of a better explanation.

JPriami
08-18-2010, 10:37 PM
That's a good example thanks. I just looked at it like a screw and how it was wound after I posted that msg.

JPriami
08-19-2010, 06:48 PM
I am still waiting to do the wire drive thing. but till then i have a couple more flex cables ordered. should i solder the ends on these where they go into the motors?

LarrysDrifter
08-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Definitely.Dont run it without doing so.The set screws in the couplers will dent the and open up the flexes,ruining them.Make sure you clean them very good before soldering so they will accept the solder.Then sand smooth so they go back into the couplers.I learned the hard way.My EKOS was my 1st boat.Id try to solder at least 1/2" to 3/4" down from the tip.Be careful when re-installing the set screws,the solder dont get rock hard and you could do the same damage as with out soldering.Just run em down tight enough to bite.