PDA

View Full Version : ECO SIX Charger wont charge/balance 2s

WrknItUp
08-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Just got a brandnew freaken ECO Six Balance charger from hobbyking. it worked fine for the first inital charge of both my 2s packs. worked great! Hooked my 3s pack to it changed the setting like your supposed to charged great finished both 3s packs. Went back later to recharge the 2s packs plugged in the balance board to the charger hooked the main leads to the charger started to charge 5.0amp 7.4v 2s press start to confirm (start) Beeps really load and says Battery Vol ERR Cell Connect. it says in the book "Wrong connection of the connector detected; please check the connector and cable. Ive checked everything it still works on my 3s packs its only the 2s part of the charger.

WTF IS GOING ON! hobby king wants to BS around and have me send it back in for another 25 shipping and a month lost, if it even gets returned to me at all. thinking about buying another charger any one have any cheap suggestions? i like the ECO Six any one have these problems aswell?

blackcat26
08-10-2010, 05:45 AM
Have you accidentally touched the leads of a pack together and shorted it out?

WrknItUp
08-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Have you accidentally touched the leads of a pack together and shorted it out?

i dont think i have, lets say i have just for giggles. okay i touched the red and black together for a slipt second just to see a small spark. how would that efect both 2s packs on the balance board and not my 3s? again no shorts that i know of. but if it did happen wouldnt it just be one lipo and not both? or are you asking if i shorted the charger leads. again no i dont believe so. charger worked for about 3 hours brandnew. then 2s stopped balancing. and 3s works fine 4s 5s 6s all works good. its just the 2 -2s lipos

blackcat26
08-12-2010, 05:48 AM
Very strange indeed. Sounds like a charger problem. One easy check just to be sure is to use a voltmeter and see if you have voltage from the 2s packs. Also check you balance leads on the batts and make sure you have not pulled a wire loose. Those wires are pretty flimsy and I have had a few come undone.