PDA

View Full Version : This is A MOTOR

TotalPackage
08-05-2010, 08:39 AM
http://www.plettenberg-motoren.com/UK/Motoren/Brushless/Teras_50/Motor.htm

sjslhill
08-05-2010, 08:52 AM
14S.....@100 amps = 7.4HP Also, 14S voltage can kill you. 10S at full charge can as well.

NativePaul
08-05-2010, 09:06 AM
5.8A and 2.6A without load on 11V, I wonder how much power it takes just to spin the motors at 10s and 14s.

graill
08-05-2010, 05:14 PM
14S.....@100 amps = 7.4HP Also, 14S voltage can kill you. 10S at full charge can as well.

.8 amp can kill you.

SNOT the voltage but the amps. :smile:

sjslhill
08-05-2010, 05:30 PM
I know that......:popcorn2: I stated 14S not 100 amps

.8 amp can kill you.

SNOT the voltage but the amps. :smile:

ReddyWatts
08-05-2010, 05:50 PM
The higher the volts, the more amps can pass through your heart. It only requires 120ma to stop the heart. The body can be around 500 ohms in the right conditions and less if the skin is punctured..

V/R=I
50v/500ohms= 100ma

14s = 51.8 volts

Be careful with higher voltage batteries.

graill
08-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Did you not see the smiley icon sjs? It was just a statement...to much salt in that popcorn? :lol:

However if we want to get into some factual reading.

And i wont get into the details buuuut.....mmm, formulas (grin) I taught this stuff for quite a while.

Avg Internal body resist is 300-1000 ohm, there is no right conditions, it varies with body composition and salt intake, sustained content or lack of. The majority of us are fine conductors as is at all times, what will kill me may not kill you. As for body temp, hot verse cold, a study was performed but found no substantial increase or decrease in resistance due to temp.

Avg External skin is 1000-100,000 ohms and a nifty forumla is:

Rtotal = Rskin(in) + Rinternal + Rskin(out)

Distance between entry and exit points vary the required volts and amps.

You only need 30v to do the job btw and push the small amount of amps needed.

And Osha can back me up on some of this including the voltage. Got anymore popcorn? :smile: Its all good.

Go ahead and cut and paste for reference, the formula will hit the Osha guidelines, always good stuff in there.

sjslhill
08-05-2010, 07:32 PM
I was told that the IMPBA limit was set at 32 cells (NICAD) 48V at full charge.....not true according to your numbers......interesting, I guess NAMBA and the IMPBA could get sued for these rules. hehe

ray schrauwen
08-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Get out the hydro gloves!

graill
08-05-2010, 09:03 PM
I was told that the IMPBA limit was set at 32 cells (NICAD) 48V at full charge.....not true according to your numbers......interesting, I guess NAMBA and the IMPBA could get sued for these rules. hehe

You definately have got me there, I did not know FE boating clubs followed Osha standards for anything, I learned something today. :smile:

Since i do not belong to any clubs though, rules for voltage clubwise is something i always assumed when i saw it on these forums was for power limits class wise, not safety. I accept the education sir. :thumbup1:

AndyKunz
08-06-2010, 08:59 AM
The 48V comes from the telecom industry standards. AT&T in the early days did a lot of research to find a maximum "safe for most people" voltage. It is "safe" by declaration, though it may be fatal to certain individuals in certain instances.

Andy

ozzie-crawl
08-06-2010, 09:40 AM
i have been electrocuted twice :doh:
one was 400 volts but i was lucky and got thrown backwards.
the other was a old soldering iron with a screw threw the side of it.
the screw shorted out and i was holding 240 volts for around 4-6 seconds
burnt a hole threw my finger to the bone,still have a inch by 1/2 scar
i reckon by the end of those few seconds my heart rate must have been close to exploding.
dont want to try a third time :ThumbsDown01: think i will keep with 4s packs

sjslhill
08-06-2010, 09:48 AM
thanks Andy, I knew there was a reason....Ed told me years ago.

TotalPackage
08-09-2010, 12:31 AM
This is a motor
http://www.plettenberg-motoren.com/U...s_50/Motor.htm

JohnZ
08-13-2010, 11:15 AM
I used to do a lot of electronics repair including TV sets.
One night during class for TV service I accidently shorted across a 500v test point. I was using a Techtronic scope and was leaning against the scope case when I touched the probe to the test point. WOW! I saw stars that night and wasn't even outside!
I've been shocked several times when working for a cable tv company.

Steven Vaccaro
08-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Electricty is a wild thing. My wife's friends house was just struck by lighting. The blast hit so hard that large piece of bark/branch on the tree outside went into her house siding.

Alexgar
08-13-2010, 11:41 AM
ive seen lightning debark a tree aslso i was about 30 feet away under a friends carport and watched as the tree leaned towards the neibors truck. damn club he had on took to long to get off and he narrowly escape getting crushed

TotalPackage
08-13-2010, 01:46 PM
There motors that handle much more than 48 volts even the nues go up to 75- 90 volts so someone somewhere is pushing them to spec with something. Maybe military.Lifes dangerous. THIS IS STILL one heck of a motor.Nues handle upwards of 75 volts .How did this motor strike up a convo about high voltage? None of the other motors do.:confused2: Slimply sharing a nice motor I saw online didnt epect it to start a debate. Experienced boaters know plettenburg makes some good motors. And they do industrial apps as well.There are 8 million stories in a naked city. Graill and SjS dont debate about that mess. We all know it only takes a small amount of amperage to kill you we also know that theres no proposal for a 600 volt esc like a lightning bolt. Everyone knows that there are plenty of motors that run over 14 s. The screamer claims 18s have you all been paying attention? When we have debates like this I start feeling like its political bs. Unless someone has a personal beef with pletenburg motors Id like to know what you all think about the motor. We can start a seperate thread on hv safety . I just want to know what the other members think about the motor.If you do have a beef with pletti share the reason with the rest of us.Personally I cant wait till someone has the guts to show what 14-16 s can do. Nothings more dangerous than sex I havent met a man yet scared of that including me lol.

AlanN
08-13-2010, 02:09 PM
I love my plett(370) in my 1/8th scale...best HV 1p setup I know of. I would like to know some more numbers on the new motor. But Plett is kind of weird about the data they show. At least they gave it a kv.

TotalPackage
08-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Its so new no data available yet. From the max amp draw and kv you can calculate the torque. How does your 370 do on heat? What size pro do you run?