PDA

View Full Version : New motor and esc

Mskiin
08-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Well I put a 120a turnigy aquastar esc and a 2500kv motor in the fastech. I havn't run it yet but i would be using 4s lipo to run it. I use to use this set up for my Miss Vegas electric conversion and it was barely warm to the touch after 5 minutes of running. Is it goign to work with the fastech? The vegas was bigger and heavier so should I give it a whirl? Or am i risking my boat?

forescott
08-05-2010, 04:44 AM
A tad bit high on the kv in my opinion, but throw on a smaller-ish prop and give it a short test run.

Mskiin
08-05-2010, 07:00 PM
I decided to just run it with the x642 prop and the 4s. WHEWW Did it fly. It was ridiculous how fast it was going, it was hardly in the water. If the water was glass smooth it would have ran better but it didn't do that bad. After about a minute of running it I checked the temps and they weren't hot but they were warm enough to if you held your hand on the esc for a few seconds it would start to get hot. I will prop it down just a lil bit and I think we will be golden.

forescott
08-06-2010, 05:00 AM
How much run-time did you get before checking the temp.??

Mskiin
08-06-2010, 03:53 PM
I ran it for 2 minutes solid then stopped to check the temp. I forgot my temp gun so i couldn't read the temp but you could touch the motor and esc and it was very warm but it deffinetly wouldn't burn your hand. Im gunna put the prop I have on my Miss Vegas on to it. I think its a x535 and we will see how that will go.

It went sooooooooo fast, if i were to go full throttle before it got on plane it would flip on to its back.

forescott
08-06-2010, 08:14 PM
I think you are wise to prop down a bit to increase you're run-time. I have a y535 that I run in a proboat hydro. I like it a lot.

Mskiin
08-08-2010, 12:36 AM
Y535 thats it not x. I ran it till the pack ran down and they were pretty warm, but im going to prop down to that y535 and see how it goes. As long as its faster then running the 1500kv on the x642 im going to keep it set up as it is now. Is there somewhere i can send my prop to to get it sharpened and balenced? I am absolutly horrible at balancing props.

forescott
08-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Contact forum member "egneg" . Search the products and services section of the forum. Chuck is reasonably priced and does excellent work!

BHChieftain
08-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Contact forum member "egneg" . Search the products and services section of the forum. Chuck is reasonably priced and does excellent work!

:iagree:

Just got a bunch of props back from him. He did a nice job.

I do have a balancer that I use to check the work and to do minor touch ups, but for raw props I prefer someone who has more experience, plus I'd rather not poison myself with the beryllium copper dust... nasty stuff...

Chief

forescott
08-09-2010, 01:18 AM
Poor chuck, I hope he wears a respirator when working on those props or were gonna have to find someone else to B&S our props! :hide:

Mskiin
08-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Good deal. I ran the fastech today for about 4 minutes and pulled it in to check the temp, wow the capacitors on the esc were 230 degrees, the motor was 220 and the wires were about 200* a piece. That is wayyy to hot for me. I deffinetly need to prop down juuussst a lil bit. I know the stock esc and motor are really good for the boat, but with the setup I have running right now I did 51mph on GPS. I want it to go FASTER except without the heat. SHould i run a castle 1515 on like 6s? Or even the stock motor with my 120a esc on 6s? let me know any other ideas.

forescott
08-10-2010, 10:41 AM
the 1515 is more suited for 4s, but youre stock motor is a great 6s motor. Just gotta get those amps down to reduce heat.