PDA

View Full Version : Turnigy 120A ESC question....

mschaffer66
08-03-2010, 11:38 AM
I just put one of the Turnigy 120A escs in my UL-1. Everything is stock except the ESC.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8946&Product_Name=Turnigy_Marine_120A_Brushless_Boat_ES C

I was running it a few times this weekend and it seemed to cut out prematurely. At first I thought it was my packs, but I tried 3 different sets and they all seemed to run a few laps and then it would die out to just enough throttle to bring it back in. Every time I pulled it in it was cool as a cucumber. Could there be something wrong with the programming that handles cut off?

ezhitz
08-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Hi I had that problem where it would just cut off randomly so i disabled the bec and rana seperate rx back and now have no problems and that was running on 2s packs.
hope that helps.

mschaffer66
08-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Hi I had that problem where it would just cut off randomly so i disabled the bec and rana seperate rx back and now have no problems and that was running on 2s packs.
hope that helps.

Now was your problem it completely cutting out as in no throttle at all?

Because for me its like its going into that limited throttle mode that a lot of ESC's have for low voltage....

sailr
08-03-2010, 12:17 PM
disable the LVC and watch your time! See if that works.

electric
08-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Now was your problem it completely cutting out as in no throttle at all?

Because for me its like its going into that limited throttle mode that a lot of ESC's have for low voltage....

I had the same thing with the same boat and same esc. It would just thottle down as though the LVC had kicked off, but the batteries had plenty left in them. I just turned off the LVC.

mschaffer66
08-03-2010, 04:31 PM
LVC disabled....time to try it out.

Himalaya
08-04-2010, 03:40 AM
Program your ESC LVC to 3.2 or 3.0V/cell and soft cut(limited power) instead of hard cut(stop responding) . I ran this setup for two years and that's perfect.

BTW, higher voltage recommended for the ESC will have to handle MUCH LESS current, which makes it work more comfortably. The Seaking/Marine-120A has switching type BEC inside, don't waste it! I ran 6S on my mono even it's just 58cm in length.

MaxCorvette
08-04-2010, 05:21 AM
My marine 120A esc cut off completly also. That problem was the BEC cutting out on me.
I have a UBEC now and it works like a charm.
It does like some extra caps when you really turn on the amps ;)
With some extra caps it seems indistructible for now.
I have my LVC set at 3.2V and that seems to work fine with the 4s 40C 5000mA Lipo's I use.

Marcel