PDA

View Full Version : Castle ICE 200 question

cybercrxt
08-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Well, I installed my castle ice 200. I do not have a pistix yet, but wanted to see if it would arm. I got the motor to run low speed one time, then as I pulled in the esc more and more to the battery, the beeps got dimmer and dimmer. Did something mess up on this controller? Do you absolutely have to have the pistix just to even arm these? I am to the point I am about tired of Castle products. Just wanted to bench test the thing, and now this! Mike

v-spec
08-02-2010, 06:58 PM
I did that with mine yesterday cause I forgot to plug in my pistix and it worked fine just had to hold throttle to make sure it didn't spin. That's as far as I went with it without a pistix. It seems to work just like normal on the bench anyways I really like it so far!

cybercrxt
08-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Well, the controller is obviously messed up. I found a video on arming the controller, this thing arms correctly, but does nothing on the output side. Bunch of BS. The arming beeps kept getting quieter and quieter as time went on. I guess that means the outputs must have been getting weaker and weaker. Well, off for warranty I guess. Should have known a castle product would fail again.

v-spec
08-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Well, the controller is obviously messed up. I found a video on arming the controller, this thing arms correctly, but does nothing on the output side. Bunch of BS. The arming beeps kept getting quieter and quieter as time went on. I guess that means the outputs must have been getting weaker and weaker. Well, off for warranty I guess. Should have known a castle product would fail again.

That really sucks, was it brand new? These things have some really nice features hopefully you get it sorted out and get it working.

tth
08-02-2010, 08:33 PM
It sure seems like you would need the pistix for it to work correctly. Do you have a stick radio Tx/Rx system to try it with?

v-spec
08-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Mine works almost normal with no pistix. Just the throttle position is all screwed up. With the pistix plugged in it works normally.

cybercrxt
08-02-2010, 09:32 PM
It was brand new. First time hooking it up. There is definitely something wrong with it. The beeps kept getting quieter, and quieter, telling me the outputs were not working right. I already boxed it back up, did the repair info with Castle, and will send it back tomorrow. Nothing else I can do. It ran the motor one time, but from that point out, the beeps got quieter upon arming, and the motor never turned again, so I am pretty sure its not right. We shall see.

Himalaya
08-04-2010, 03:50 AM
Which TX do you use? My 3pks has a boat mode that was specially designed for boat to use airplane ESCs. under this mode the brake half of the trigger range was disabled, neutral point equals the lowest throttle position of a stick type TX. I love that feature.

Raydee
09-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Himalaya I tried that in my 3Pks controller and I can't get the ESC to see low throttle and it won't arm. Do you have the ESC in Fixed end point mode?