PDA

View Full Version : spectrum SR3000 rx questions - Andy?

Jesse J
07-29-2010, 03:38 PM
I opened this guy up to epoxy and noticed a burned spot. Anybody got an idea if this is serious? or if I should just go ahead and epoxy it up? what part is that anyway?

It bound up fine with both the 2.0 and 3.0 so not sure what to think.

__________________________________________________ _______________
My second question is regarding the SR3000 - 2005 vs 2004 versions. I have tried to bind these two 2004 version rxs the same way I did with the 2005 (rx plugged into batt, tx on, push the blue button on rx and light comes on after a couple seconds).

Is there a different binding procedure with the 2004 versions?

egneg
07-29-2010, 06:41 PM
I have opened up a few for conformal coating and none of them looked like that. I also had problems with binding the 3000,s but things always worked after a few tries.

Flying Scotsman
07-29-2010, 06:51 PM
Wow, that is not good, something is going on that is not kosher, all the Rxs have the same burn after use, I presume?

Edit.... Did they ever get wet?

Douggie

Jesse J
07-29-2010, 07:06 PM
The 2004 versions are securely bound up. the seller helped me out and I am good on those.

Wow, that is not good, something is going on that is not kosher, all the Rxs have the same burn after use, I presume?

Edit.... Did they ever get wet?

Douggie

I just acquired this guy in a purchase, so don't know on the history of it. I am just baffled at what could have caused it to burn like that - maybe some kind of power surge? My main concern is reliability and range.

not sure what you mean by "all rxs have the same burn after use"? I opened up the other guys and epoxied them - none has ever looked like this (I opened up 6 total).

Flying Scotsman
07-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Jesse, you show 3 controllers with the same problem and I presumed you owned them from the getgo.

Douggie

Jeepers
07-29-2010, 07:33 PM
Jesse, you show 3 controllers with the same problem and I presumed you owned them from the getgo.

Douggie

I think its just 3 pics of the same receiver. I could be wrong. does the receiver work, even though it bound?

Jesse J
07-29-2010, 07:35 PM
I think its just 3 pics of the same receiver. I could be wrong. does the receiver work, even though it bound?

Douggie, sorry to confuse - yes they are three pics of same guy. Man that would have been a doozie to get three like this!! now I get your comments

Rx work? um I think I tried a servo but now that you mention it, I better go make sure all three channels work. good point thanks for the input!

mschaffer66
07-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Jesse is that one of the RX's you got from me??????

I used those things in a bunch of different RC's that I've had over the past year or so and never had any issues. Never had any glitching issues or anything out of the ordinary. I never used the 3rd channel so if it gives you any troubles though let me know and I'll take care of it.

How would something like that even happen inside of an RX? I'm curious to see what Andy says.

Jesse J
07-29-2010, 08:24 PM
No Mark, this is not, I have notified the seller (whom I am positive knew nothing about this) and he is standing by ready to make right. Thanks, though Mark I appreciate it.

Yes I am awaiting Andy's wisdom to come raining down like ... oh I could think of many things.

Jesse J
07-29-2010, 08:39 PM
the lil bugger works just like the others... don't quite know how the third channel goes, but it does the same.

The only thing I can figure is maybe an external or internal BEC gave a major burst and semi-cooked it. I wonder if running an external rx pack, I could keep this guy kickin for some time...

AAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Jesse J
07-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Hey Andy! you there? very curious in your analysis

AndyKunz
07-30-2010, 01:59 PM
Sorry, with the DX8 showing up on the website yesterday I'm swamped all day. The only reason I am here now is because Darin e-mailed me at work.

Call our Customer Service line. You shouldn't have any burned components like that on a board. It looks to be a capacitor on the input power section. Probably damaged by plugging in the rx backwards to power it up. While technically it shouldn't be under warranty, we're usually more-than-good to our customers.

Andy