PDA

View Full Version : Can I use the interneal BEC with 4S lipos?

BHChieftain
07-25-2010, 11:03 AM
Hi,
Just converted my fastech to lipos (4S). Can I still use the internal BEC from the ESC or do I need to run a pack or UBEC to the receiver/servo?

Chief

Jesse J
07-25-2010, 11:16 AM
Yes, the stock ESC is rated and 4S ready. you only need to run external bec if you go higher than 4S.

BHChieftain
07-25-2010, 11:47 AM
Thanks sir! Just saved me from cutting a wire...

Funny how this little 45A ESC can handle 4S, but the castle creation 240A can only handle 3S!

Chief

Jesse J
07-25-2010, 11:50 AM
they say it is way under rated. I don't mean to suggest anything, but I have run it on 6S with internal BEC and had no problem... in my twin cat going nearly 60mph. BUT I have also fried several of them on 6S w/internal BEC in monos... stinky. If you want to go higher voltage, you must either turn down timing, or use external BEC. And you don't need to cut - you can remove wire from plug or get a 6" extender and cut the wire in that.

Not sure which CC ESC you mean, I thought they were 6S rated...

BHChieftain
07-25-2010, 02:11 PM
they say it is way under rated. I don't mean to suggest anything, but I have run it on 6S with internal BEC and had no problem... in my twin cat going nearly 60mph. BUT I have also fried several of them on 6S w/internal BEC in monos... stinky. If you want to go higher voltage, you must either turn down timing, or use external BEC. And you don't need to cut - you can remove wire from plug or get a 6" extender and cut the wire in that.

Not sure which CC ESC you mean, I thought they were 6S rated...

The Hydra 240A (standard model) is only 3S rated on the BEC-- it is in the manual and there was also a thread on it.

Chief