PDA

View Full Version : Super Hawaii for 950.00??

boater76
04-14-2007, 08:51 AM
I saw a listing on ebay. This person is trying to sell this SH for an arm and a leg. Unless it's just me but I think the price is ridiculous.

Ken

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-RARE-40-BRUSHLESS-SUPER-HAWAII-BBY-HACKER-ECT_W0QQitemZ270109551726QQihZ017QQcategoryZ2564QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Doug Smock
04-14-2007, 09:10 AM
He says he has invested over $1500.00 in it.:eek:

You can buy alot of boat for that.;)

RMZDADDY
04-14-2007, 09:12 AM
Seems strange that he doesn't mention what model speed control or motor? It looks like a Hacker B50-XL motor. Even if it's a 9XL that's 1753 rpm/volt. 12 cells, 53mph? Maybe it's just me, but that sounds a little inflated, just like the price!

RMZDADDY
04-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Oops, I just took a closer look, it is a hacker 77.

boater76
04-14-2007, 09:37 AM
I guess it is me then. I know nothing about hackers.

Ken

RMZDADDY
04-14-2007, 10:00 AM
There's no doubt he's got some money wrapped up in that, close to $600 in the motor and esc alone. For the money he's asking though, you could build a hull of your choice.

Doug Smock
04-14-2007, 11:39 AM
I guess it is me then. I know nothing about hackers.

Ken

No Ken you are fine.

The man is probably going by a GPS, and it is a useful tool. However,things change a bit when you get out there with a set of certified traps.;)

SJFE
04-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Since I have owned 2 of these boats I know a little about what they can and CANT do. 53 mph is total BS. The hull suffers from compression @ just under 30 mph and deforms causing an enormous amount of drag. The motor mount looks to be glued to the bottom..witch is all ready about paper thin. That setup is a disaster waiting to happen....IMO anyway. Who knows..I may be completely wrong...Do you want to spend a grand to find out?.....LOL

lferguson
04-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Starting at $950?
I am with SJFE on this one. For a Super Hawaii I say no also. If you are going to drop that kind of chedda on a boat, why not built exactly what you want. You will be happier with it AND it won't be plastic... You never get your money back on RC stuff anyway. He as only ran it twice and has had 53MPH??? He must be a tuning expert. Think about this.. The fastest 12 cell mono in the world is 65mph (some old guys boat ;) ) and it has a $300 motor and ESC that cost twice that..... So 53 is a huge streatch... IMO

lferguson
04-14-2007, 01:38 PM
And my Hacker is purple and the sticker is on the back half not in the middle..similar in looks to a Feigao.. That looks like a Nem from FDM to me.. And I wrong on this?

Doug Smock
04-14-2007, 01:52 PM
And my Hacker is purple and the sticker is on the back half not in the middle..similar in looks to a Feigao.. That looks like a Nem from FDM to me.. And I wrong on this?

I think you are right!! ( for once) LOL:p
You can see the beginning and end of the "Cordite" sticker.

SJFE
04-14-2007, 04:00 PM
There is documented speed...and there is Ebay speed. It's just a simple fact.

boater76
04-14-2007, 05:43 PM
Yep I see it to. It is a Cordite. Do they make brushless?

Ken

SJFE
04-14-2007, 06:04 PM
It is just a sticker that FDM seems to have stuck on what ever they had in stock during that phase.

lferguson
04-14-2007, 06:32 PM
I git this responce from the seller when I pointed out that that ws indeed not a Hacker.... I don't know if this is in good ethics to post on a forum so if it is not please remove it...

"Thank you so much for brining this to my attention...
I just got of the phone with BBY, the guys that built the boat. and they did say that the motor is a Nemesis Big block, and that the ESC is a Hacker. (And here i always believed that I had a Hacker motor?) They are telling me that the Nemesis motor is a better motor??? On that i would have to take there word for it... All I know is that this boat is very fast, and has never given me a problem.
Again, thank you for bringing this to my attention...

John"

lferguson
04-14-2007, 06:36 PM
With that said and the fact I am honestly not sure if this is considered bashing by posting it, I would like to add that I had another coraspondace with this guy after getting perivious responce from him that would prove to me that he is clearly not a trust worthy seller. IMO from what this guy has said, I would advise you to not consider spending such a larger chunk of $$ on this boat.

SJFE
04-14-2007, 06:56 PM
I have seen this before. If I had to take an educated guess this is what happened. This guy knows nothing about FE. Sees a SH hull on Ebay. It looks impressive. He picks it up for around 200 bucks. Runs it..it's quick..but he wants a little bit more. Goes on line finds BBY. Contacts them tells them to hop the boat up he don’t care what it costs..Another 500 bucks + shipping. Then one of 2 things happen. He gets it back and the hull buckles under the stress of an over power. 2 he gets into the forums (while it’s being modded)and discovers he has blown way to much money on a boat with limitations...and could have done way better with another hull. So now he lists it and not only looks to recover his investment...but make 200 bucks. How do I come to these conclusions? I have done it..BUT I took the loss and sold my boat for what it was worth..I didn't attempt to dump my problem on another guy. I would put good money on that theory.

Piranha2
04-15-2007, 11:51 AM
I have 2 boats, one of which was stated at 14-15mph (SW 26 EP RS), the other states 25mph (Caribbean Cruiser 2). With 7 cells, the SW26 can catch and pass the CC2 (barely). So, I would have to say 20mph for both would be a reasonable assumption. Now, at we'll say 20mph, these plastic hulls are max'ed out. These boats cover water quickly at 20mph........53mph?....plastic?.....hmm. The 7 cells in the SW 26 are pulling the strudder out of the transom on a holeshot. The twin 550's in the CC2 flex the whole hull. By the way, I'll sell either one for 500, both for a grand (minus batteries), that way I can get a real boat for nuthin'.......