PDA

View Full Version : @@@ The Wait is Over VIDEO of the Prototype Aqua Cat @@@

longballlumber
07-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Here you go boys... I was able to get a hold of some video of the an Aquacraft protptype cat running!!!

I have been trying to get video of mine running, but it's tough to drive and tape at the same time... LOL I have a new camera and we have a club race this weekend. I will try to get some video of mine in heat racing conditions competing in our P-Limited Offshore class. Until then, this is what I have to offer...

Enjoy!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-ZI8jL_12Y

Later,
Mike Ball

BakedMopar
07-16-2010, 12:37 PM
Very nice. It's definatly on my list.

forescott
07-17-2010, 10:48 AM
WOW! Drives real nice. Thanks for the long awaited vid!

osprey21
07-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Thanks! It's on my list as well.

longballlumber
07-18-2010, 07:44 AM
The prototype that I am running is running 42-44 mph (on my GPS) for 4min on an Octura 440/3 blade... That is pretty fast for a stock RTR....

Doby got a chance to see it run... He can tell you how fast it was compaired to other P-Limited Offshore boats.

Later,
Mike

Doby
07-18-2010, 08:33 PM
Doesnt look that fast !!

Comments like this are funny,,,,, Based on no information at all,,just someones "expert" opinion using their GPS equipped calibrated eyeballs.:olleyes:

I have raced against this boat and its quick,,very quick. Our LSO mono's are set up to run around the 42 Mph mark.....and this one easily surpassed that without a doubt.

What people really need to comprehend is that in race conditons (or goofing around in chop), speed, while important, is not the be all and end all.

Brushless55
07-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Wow, that cat is moving!
looks like a race boat to me :beerchug:

Jeff Wohlt
07-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Here is a good test...see if you can tell is is going past me at 208 mph. Looks like 130-140 but nope...208 with three radar units.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg8oE6_XUOM

Jeff Wohlt
07-18-2010, 10:40 PM
I hear talk that he is bringing some cats to this year's shootout and going for close to 300!

Insaniac
07-19-2010, 02:44 AM
here you go boys... I was able to get a hold of some video of the an aquacraft protptype cat running!!!

I have been trying to get video of mine running, but it's tough to drive and tape at the same time... Lol i have a new camera and we have a club race this weekend. I will try to get some video of mine in heat racing conditions competing in our p-limited offshore class. Until then, this is what i have to offer...

Enjoy!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-zi8jl_12y

later,
mike ball

1/28/2008?

longballlumber
07-19-2010, 08:17 AM
1/28/2008?

Your really concerned with the date marker on the video? :confused2:

I am willing to assume the date on the video camera wasn't updated since the last reset or main battery swap... Trust me, this is very current video! :thumbup:

Later,
Mike

longballlumber
07-19-2010, 08:19 AM
Comments like this are funny,,,,, Based on no information at all,,just someones "expert" opinion using their GPS equipped calibrated eyeballs.:olleyes:

I have raced against this boat and its quick,,very quick. Our LSO mono's are set up to run around the 42 Mph mark.....and this one easily surpassed that without a doubt.

What people really need to comprehend is that in race conditons (or goofing around in chop), speed, while important, is not the be all and end all.

Thanks for your input Doby... I was hoping that you would chime in with your opinion of how the boat ran.

Happy Racing!!!!

Later,
Mike

Grimracer
05-11-2011, 03:36 PM
:buttrock:

TheShaughnessy
05-18-2011, 07:57 PM

Can this cat turn with the monos or do the cats chase down the monos on the straight and the monos catch them in the corners? I have a MG i'd like to run in LSO if the class builds around here, slightly concerned with it in the corners, even though it handles them great i'm wondering if a 29" titan can carve the turns a little quicker.

What has been a better LSO contender in your experience cat or mono? I've had my lso set up hit the 47mph mark but it was running pretty loose.

ron1950
05-19-2011, 06:10 PM
id say the titan can carve a corner better then a cat.....those things really move

Rumdog
05-19-2011, 06:16 PM
I'll take that bet...

Darin Jordan
05-19-2011, 10:03 PM
I'll take that bet...

I will too... I won our Offshore class last year using a Mono... But after driving a Cat, it doesn't NEED to carve... If you can stick it on the pins, it'll pivot and turn so fast it'll surprise you.

Water can't get TOO rough, however...

For me, the jury is still out as to which would ultimately be faster, but if the cat can corner AS well, we also know it should be faster in the longer straights, so the net result would be.... :cool:

ron1950
05-19-2011, 11:40 PM
let the wind and the waves come up some and my money is on the titan lol...actually id reather ahve my pursuit lol

Brushless55
05-20-2011, 12:27 AM
:popcorn2: