PDA

View Full Version : Shockwave 26 brushless blues!!

SweetZ28
07-14-2010, 06:37 PM
:thumbsdown: I HATE THIS DRIVELINE!!
Same thing as with my apache 24!!
My 26 is new never used and when i turn the rear prop i can see the brushless motor wobbling up and down!!

Anyone make a short U joint type motor coupler looks like 5mm to 3mm?
any info would be great as i do not want to rip this whole boat apart and put a whole new drive line like i did with my apache 24 ...just want something simple and easy for a fix of the problem.

BHChieftain
07-14-2010, 08:41 PM
I really don't like the steerable drives... looks like too many points of failure for me. I do have a proboat fastech that I really like-- fixed drive (flexshaft) and a separate rudder, and a great powerplant to boot.

Chief

SweetZ28
07-14-2010, 08:53 PM
I really don't like the steerable drives... looks like too many points of failure for me. I do have a proboat fastech that I really like-- fixed drive (flexshaft) and a separate rudder, and a great powerplant to boot.

Chief
Yes i know i did that to my apache 24 and made it brushless but i don't want to go through all that again!

Bought this boat being it's pretty fast 30mph on 2S lipo and a X435 prop figured it would be a simple boat.... I just wish somebody had a u joint type 5mm to 3mm motor coupler for this thing!
my apache after the conversion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sibSxqJVlUc

GeoVW72
07-14-2010, 09:24 PM
The drive shafts are coming bent from proboat.
mine was also bent from the factory, not to that degree, but still bent.
seems the assemblers are ham fisted idiots and are just pounding the drive shafts in.

call Horizon and tell them you need this part:
Driveshaft with U-joint:SW26BL

$8.99 [PRB3152]

and they will probably send you a new one.
or buy one, it's cheap
polish it up with some compound and a dremel, put some grease in the tube and it's perfect from there. :Peace_Sign:

SweetZ28
07-14-2010, 09:48 PM
The drive shafts are coming bent from proboat.
mine was also bent from the factory, not to that degree, but still bent.
seems the assemblers are ham fisted idiots and are just pounding the drive shafts in.

call Horizon and tell them you need this part:
Driveshaft with U-joint:SW26BL

$8.99 [PRB3152]

and they will probably send you a new one.
or buy one, it's cheap
polish it up with some compound and a dremel, put some grease in the tube and it's perfect from there. :Peace_Sign:

:thumbup1:Hi that's funny after my posting i called and they are sending me a new one.
Also the drive shaft is very rough is it better to polish it or do they make it rough to hold the grease on it?

Funny thing about the stuffing tube it's a bigger brass tube with bushings pressed in each end.

GeoVW72
07-14-2010, 11:24 PM
I don't think that polishing can hurt.
they don't even recommend grease, they use light oil:confused1:
grease seems better to me, but i could be wrong.
it has worked for me so far