PDA

View Full Version : BlackJack 26 or Widowmaker?

wrangellboy
07-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Hi all,

My LHS has both of these boats sitting on the shelf calling my name. I'm looking for some opinions on which is the better boat. I was all set to go with the Widowmaker because it seems to have better running hardware, but I like the idea of a nice stable cat that I can push to crazy speed down the road when I get bored.

Give me some Pro's and Cons.

Just to set the tone, I'm not a newbie at all to either R/C or boats, but I've never really done FE. Most of my experience with boats was with MRP stuff in the early 90's. It's changed a lot since then.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this...

Diesel6401
07-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Hi all,

My LHS has both of these boats sitting on the shelf calling my name. I'm looking for some opinions on which is the better boat. I was all set to go with the Widowmaker because it seems to have better running hardware, but I like the idea of a nice stable cat that I can push to crazy speed down the road when I get bored.

Give me some Pro's and Cons.

Just to set the tone, I'm not a newbie at all to either R/C or boats, but I've never really done FE. Most of my experience with boats was with MRP stuff in the early 90's. It's changed a lot since then.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this...

BJ all the way. Faster, better motor and esc, more stable, more reliable, better looking, easier to upgrade and mod did I mention better looking and more reliable already.

I just picked up a BJ off of craigslist 20 minutes ago. I traded some home stereo equipement for it. Impulse trade. For the right price I'll sell it to you. Comes with a x642 prop sharpend and balanced I'll even through in the programming card. $215 shipped if you want it or I'll make it a complete RTR and throw in a set of Tenergy 4000mah 25c 2s lipos for $300 total. I got it on plans to go dual with it, but I have a genesis cat in the mail and I'm buying a skunk works cat on thrusday so 3 cats in 2 weeks is a bit much. Was a crack in the front that sealed up with some CA glue. I haven't even out it in the water yet I just verified it armed and ran which it did. Let me know and welcome.

forescott
07-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Get the blackjack and get rid of the steerable outdrive. I cant understand why proboat changed the drive hardware in the nitro version, but left the steerable outdrive in the brushless model?

Diesel6401
07-15-2010, 10:08 PM
Get the blackjack and get rid of the steerable outdrive. I cant understand why proboat changed the drive hardware in the nitro version, but left the steerable outdrive in the brushless model?

I offered him the BJ26 I just got, he responded once but then I never heard anything else back.