PDA

View Full Version : First impression

Spoolin
10-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Ok, for a $299 boat rtr out of the box, with just a 90% charged set of 4200 Proboat Ni-mh packs this boat really sits up and moves!

I did notice a little top heavy on turns more than I am used to so a lower tray or no tray would be 2x better IMHO.

Run time was pretty good, over 10 minutes of running and pulling it ashore to check here and there.

Flex shaft is obviously not lubricated from the factory enough to do anything, so I strongly suggest pulling it and using the marine grease first.
Water does come up through that shaft entrance, small amount of water in the hull, and thats the only entrance since i taped the top and the Antenna hole.

Tomorrow I will pull the shaft and coat it with the marine grease to see if that helps it out.

ALL IN ALL!
Love this boat for the price, I'm not even going to waste the cash on changing the remote and electronics. Only thing I would like to know is if anybody has tried that module to allow settings for Brake, throttle curve... etc and if it helps with just running Ni-mh?

webdr
10-19-2007, 01:55 PM
I really like mine too. I sealed the hatch with dubro foam tape and ditched the magnetic hold-downs and added two hex head screws to the back. Now, except for the antenna hole which I am addressing, its water tight. I also sealed the air scoops with lexan and a little CA.

Im lucky, I got mine new for 169 bucks with the module from Horizon thanks to a friend that works there.

I think I will remove the battery trays and mount the 4900 mah lipos on the bottom of the hull.

Also ordered the Aeromarine upgrade which should be here next week.

Im ready to run it in its modded state! Stock it was fast but I flipped it and it was a nasty one...

As far as the module goes, I found you can adjust almost everything except lipo/nimh at the esc without it.

SJFE
10-19-2007, 02:11 PM
I got mine new for 169 bucks with the module from Horizon thanks to a friend that works there

Did if fall off the truck or what? If that is the mark up on these boats we are being robbed!!!

webdr
10-19-2007, 02:13 PM
LOL. Its more of a "good guy" price because I do banner ads and graphics for Horizon.

Spoolin
10-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Drive #2, i decied to hold more throttle in the corner.
ALMOST rolled her, LOL

Had the front fork up pretty high!
Forgot my tape, but it still took some water, either the Drive line allows lots of water or the plug lets a bit of water in.

Should these handle both left and right hand turns the same?

whiplash
10-20-2007, 01:45 AM
I noticed the left turns to be lifting in the front left sponsen, thats mostly due to torque from the prop spinning. right turns ride nicer.