Doozie870
10-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Me (unrun)

Diegoboy
10-19-2007, 09:12 AM
I guess it's clear that I have one too!

whiplash
10-20-2007, 01:46 AM
I want one.......... so any of you not happy? let me know.

hookedup
10-20-2007, 03:04 AM
J, why dont you just sell me your other one. :D

whiplash
10-21-2007, 02:36 AM
I will after I get a brushless one..............and how you going into the spec class if you selling all your sv parts? heh

hookedup
10-24-2007, 04:48 AM
c'mon you know i learned from kale...i not selling ALL the stuff i got, and whatever is left over is going to be donated as prizes for the race :D

whiplash
10-24-2007, 04:53 AM
looks like its mine then ...........lol might as well just give em to me now, or latter?

RCprince
10-24-2007, 08:09 AM
Hand raised, with 14 cells Stock step-up, I barely beat a supervee running thunderpower 3300 4s1p with a grimracer 40x53 prop.....also tried to run a 3300/kv Bl and the Esc kept shutting down at full throttle, I'm thinking it might be the esc rev limiter thinking it's free running due to the high kv.

fshunt4lf
10-26-2007, 07:18 PM
RCprince r u saying the resone the boat wont go in full throttle is because of the nimh batts?

RCprince
10-27-2007, 08:18 AM
No, I'm saying maybe because of the high kv the motor is doing, I've doubled the kv 3300 so maybe the esc thinks it's free wheeling, last night I ran a 2600 ammo motor it ran for 6 minutes on those 3600 intellect nimhs..A rocket out of hellzzzzzzz.....But when I recharged the Batts, the same thing the esc died, I made some jumpers for the connectors rather than desoldering and resoldering the ones on the motor,, about 3/4 of an inch wire in between the connectors so I'm now thinking it maybe the particular polarity I reattached them.

fshunt4lf
10-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks RCprince. Where did u get ur rc fishing boat?

treystoys
11-01-2007, 02:04 AM
I bought mine through the local hobby shop. I had him order me the hull and hatch alone so I could build it how I wanted from the go. At one time I was big into the racing scene, but I bought this because its just a nice looking hull. Running hardware is a speedmasters mini rudder, Fullers heavy duty 2" set back strut, Hydra 120, and a Hacker B50 10L I robbed from my old P rigger. I'm not altogether concerned about handling, the hull design is almost identical to my old Drifter S, which means its not gonna turn well without substantial ride surface mods. My goal with the hull at this point will be to get about 55mph with 12 4200 sub Cs...which shouldn't be too difficult. I'll get some pics up soon. I just fitted the hardware to the transon tonite, it looks really nice.

Later guys

Trey

RCprince
11-01-2007, 04:19 AM
I built my fishing boat, its a converted profisherman

SJFE
11-01-2007, 06:38 AM
Add me. Seeled the deal and made payment this morning. Hope to have her mid next week :D.

mr.mauian
11-06-2007, 08:46 PM
got mine and already cutting my own longer turn fins. Like I really need another boat to build, already have 3 hydros on the bench needing a hardware install now this...............:doh:

wickedgmc
11-06-2007, 09:04 PM
I have had mine for about 10 days or so, I only changed the receiver and the tubing for the cooling.

domwilson
11-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Just got me one. Haven't ripped it apart yet. Waiting to see what everyone else does.

SJFE
11-06-2007, 09:11 PM
I got mine yesterday. I'm going to run it this weekend before I put my own inline strudder on it.

obrien
11-14-2007, 12:13 AM
I ordered one on monday and should have it by the end of the week. I also picked up a set of 7 cell 4200 batteries, and a 642 prop. Can't wait to run it. my buddy has a sv 27 that he bought last weekend. We should have some fun racing.

Diegoboy
11-14-2007, 05:44 AM
I ordered one on monday and should have it by the end of the week. I also picked up a set of 7 cell 4200 batteries, and a 642 prop. Can't wait to run it. my buddy has a sv 27 that he bought last weekend. We should have some fun racing.

Awesome. Welcome Obrien.

Mich. Maniac
12-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Scratch me in on the list. Just spoke for mine this evening. Should arrive early next week new in box. 2 cats/2 mono's. Let the basement flood its boatin time.

txboatpilot
12-18-2007, 10:11 AM
:beerchug: Add me as well, I ran mine for the first time last week on Friday. I must say, I like the power of the motor on 4S2P, very stable, lots of run time and nothing but the lipo's were over 85deg (lipo's were 105deg.) after a 7-8 min run. That was with the stock prop, I did not have the GPS w/ me.. Next time I will get Gps with stock and x642 or x645 props:D .. It is no race boat, but it is a blast to run in calm or choppy water!:w00t:

Fade2Gray
12-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Hi, please add me to the list.
Although l have sent back the stock ESC, receiver and transmitter as these parts appear faulty i.e. ESC shutting off at full throttle.

Wakesurfer
04-13-2008, 08:35 PM
Hi all. I ordered my first FE boat, should have a BL Blackjack and ESC programmer at my LHS Wednesday. I started bashing a Revo MT last spring and racing offroad mid summer. Did a little carpet Oval over the winter and may try DO this summer along with offroad. I've been around boats and water all my life, did competitive wakeboard for 6 years. Adding a boat to my RCs just makes sense to me, and I'm already finding some good tips about the Blackjack here. I picked up a couple of Zig Zags for my 4 and 5 year old when I ordered my boat, so they get to play too. I'm sure I'll have questions once I get to start running this one. Once I get comfortable with piloting it I'd like to push it up to a 50mph if i can. I'll be a regular here to I suppose.

Chris Davis
Secretary, R/C Outlaws
www.rc-outlaws.org

OJ racer
04-13-2008, 09:15 PM
I want one. Anyone got one I can get for cheap?

OJ racer
04-13-2008, 09:18 PM
Wakesurfer, welcome! I'm on here all the time, I've gotten a crazy amount of advice from this forum. DOesn't solve all the problems, my boat got filled with water again today, but the forum is a huge help.

Wakesurfer
04-13-2008, 10:04 PM
I want one. Anyone got one I can get for cheap?

Sure. There are a few of them on Ebay, used, for more than what my LHS can get them for. Browsing RC on the Bay got me thinking boat. Glad I checked before i jumped on the first couple I saw there. Wow.
Thanks for the welcome!

Wakesurfer
04-13-2008, 10:10 PM
:beerchug: Add me as well, I ran mine for the first time last week on Friday. I must say, I like the power of the motor on 4S2P, very stable, lots of run time and nothing but the lipo's were over 85deg (lipo's were 105deg.) after a 7-8 min run. That was with the stock prop, I did not have the GPS w/ me.. Next time I will get Gps with stock and x642 or x645 props:D .. It is no race boat, but it is a blast to run in calm or choppy water!:w00t:
I'm assuming that was 105 dF. Ever watch the TC guys wrap a tire warmer around their LiPo before a race? They are trying to get them to 104 dF. Something about the chemistry peaking at that temp. I think as long as you stay under 140 or so your going to be fine.

ETOWNE
04-14-2008, 03:52 PM
I'm in. I got mine a month ago. Drove it last weekend for the first time. Pry gonna leave mine alone. Stock w/ 2 ORION Lipo's. I did remove the stock radio and went with my spektrum. Removed antenna tube, make sure to tape the hatch. After a hatch blow-off, the antenna tube was the only thing holding the hatch from sliding backwards. Scared me pretty good, thought boat was going over.I don't plan on changing this boat anymore. I would like to build a hydro.

egneg
04-14-2008, 06:35 PM
I would like to get one but don't have the funds right now - maybe for birthday?

Dragonturbo3
04-14-2008, 07:05 PM
I am in, bought it around Christmas, but hit water last weekend. Has the TLR skater on it.

Had a villian ex, that thing was toy compared to this thing.

Any ideas on a good prop? Perfer one of the cf props.

Thanks

Wakesurfer
04-16-2008, 11:36 PM
It's official now. Brought the Blackjack home after work tonight. My LHS forgot to get the PCard when he put in the order. I'll have to wait until that comes in, or my new Nimh packs I ordered from MA (they are supposed to be for a couple of other trucks, but you know, they store electricity and stuff). I want to learn to drive it stock, but I have a deal worked for a Novak HV6.5. I'll need a marine ESC for it, but it should make it scoot pretty good when I'm ready.

Jeepers
04-17-2008, 02:10 AM
It's official now. Brought the Blackjack home after work tonight. My LHS forgot to get the PCard when he put in the order. I'll have to wait until that comes in, or my new Nimh packs I ordered from MA (they are supposed to be for a couple of other trucks, but you know, they store electricity and stuff). I want to learn to drive it stock, but I have a deal worked for a Novak HV6.5. I'll need a marine ESC for it, but it should make it scoot pretty good when I'm ready.

I would highly recomend against that motor (Novak HV6.5) for an upgrade, you would be better off in getting an XL size motor, more performance and cheaper.

Wakesurfer
04-17-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm getting ready to go for the maiden voyage. Got some new MA 4.4 nimh sport packs in the mail tonight. Soon as the last one peaks, I'm off to the water. Hope the ESC doesn't get silly on me.
One of the FE guys over on the MA forums says he has real good luck with the Novak HV motors on his boats. Seems to think the 6.5 with somthing like an ETTI 100A and a pair of 2S 8Ks in parrallel will make an animal out of the BJ. I'm getting a good deal on the 6.5 system from one of my offroad club members. Might have to use it for a bit in one of my MAXX trucks, but after that I'll have it available. Be worth trying anyway. Besides, I'm not a big fan of popping endbells and I don't think a MonsterRC heatsink/clamp will work well for a hydro cooled setup :unsure:

ETOWNE
04-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Wakesurfer, I have an hv maxx I had run in a stock E-maxx, the thing was retarded. First gear backflips, all the way around, where it sat. Have fun, I couldn't keep the truck together....lol

Mich. Maniac
04-17-2008, 09:18 PM
I guess since this is still at the top of threads you can take me for one OFF the list. Got rid of it a while back. The actuall one I received was fine I just didnt like the looks and issues most are having with handling for a smaller boat.

Wakesurfer
04-17-2008, 10:13 PM
Wakesurfer, I have an hv maxx I had run in a stock E-maxx, the thing was retarded. First gear backflips, all the way around, where it sat. Have fun, I couldn't keep the truck together....lol
Takes more than just a motor to make a MT run. I'll have some work to do to get the 3905s dialed into the track when I finally get the motors, but enough about EMaxxes already, they don't float well enough for this thread.:focus:

Well, I got the maiden voyage out of the way without any major drama. She would jump up and run fine on the 4.4k Nimh sport packs, but the run times were fairly short (about 4 minutes) when the ESC started dropping out. That was the first run for those batteries. Straight out of the box, peak em, and dump em in the hull. I started with the steering D/R turned down pretty low and gradualy increased it as I got more comfortable. It did try to chine lock then tip a little when it popped out of the turns, and wanted to go straight on throttle until I gave it more steering throw. didn't take long to get about 20 people for an audience so I'm glad i didn't have to go swim after it. ESC and Motor temps were mid 80s after both runs. The park lake looks big for a 26" boat, but even with a 2" wind chop the Blackjack made the lake look small real quick. I'm impressed. I could have a lot of fun with this, but I think I'll hold off on the hot rod treatment for a while. Gets much faster I'm going to have to drive to bigger water to use it. Still can't wait to see it on LiPo. MA 2S 8Ks should give me a little more punch and a lot longer run times. Does anyone else think the ESC is kind of jerky? Seemed to want to make big jumps in throttle increases instead of a smooth gain. I'm going to throw a Spektrum (DSM2) in it before I go again. Any chance that will smooth it out, or is it all in the ESC?

crazzy maxx
04-25-2008, 05:17 PM
:bounce: i have one!

Eyekandyboats
04-25-2008, 05:21 PM
i have 7!!

crazzy maxx
04-25-2008, 05:33 PM
i have 7!!

:w00t: holy sh!t

Wakesurfer
04-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Can you link all seven to one transmitter? The wake would be a mess, but that might be enough grunt to get me up on a wakeboard.:rockon:

crazzy maxx
04-25-2008, 10:14 PM
AHAHAHAHHA
im gona try to try that

Wakesurfer
04-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Wow, what a difference batteries can make. Got to run the MaxAmps 2S 8Ks today. First time I snapped the trigger the boat lept out of the water and barrel roled all the way over. Got lucky that it landed right side up. I had to have gained at least 5mph on the top end. Runtime went from 4 1/2 minutes to 15. The 4400 nimh packs will not be in my hull again. As long as I took it out of the hole easy and lifted a little before the tighter turns I didn't have any problems. A few spectators thought the ZigZags my kids were running wer pretty cool. When I turned the BlackJack loose people started asking where they could get one and how much. This boat draws a crowd quick.

cruiser
04-27-2008, 01:40 PM
My dad owns one... since he is never on the net I'll post for him...lol...I have a sv27

Tony
04-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Got me one with an Octura X642 prop installed, running mine on Lipo batt. Everything else is stock.

angrylipo
05-20-2008, 12:06 PM
I got one the first time I ran it the water wasn't exactly calm so I ended up doing a complete barrel roll and I stuck the landing

Wakesurfer
05-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Sticking the barrel roll is a cool trick. I did it the first time I snapped the throttle on LiPo. I haven't tried it since though...still a little cool for swimming here:tongue_smilie:

Meniscus
07-28-2008, 04:49 PM
I've been running one for 4 weeks now. Little to no mods (push/pull switch, relocate ant, etc.). My venue is a little tight to make the turns without letting off a lot. Oh well!

Fairly new here, but been reading for 6-8 weeks.

As a side note, had issues with the receiver out of the box and switched to JR system. Works great now, no issues with pairs of Intellect 3800 & Venom 5000 NIMH borrowed from other 'toys'. Venoms are new, bought off a friend for a song.

Runtimes seem short still, 4-5 mins. What amps are the NIMH guys charging at? I use a MRC 977 Superbrain that can handle some specific amps if someone has some insight. I'm sure its here somewhere, but haven't come across yet.

Mnsotadude
07-28-2008, 06:29 PM
I've had one for a month or so. Octura x642 sharpend and balanced and lipo's(2 Zippy 4300 7.4 packs). Stock hardware. It's my first FE and I love it.

Spot Me 2
07-28-2008, 07:58 PM
I have one on the way!!!!:banana: :tongue_smilie:

rockwerks
07-28-2008, 08:07 PM
I bought a nitro hull being converted to brushless from Obrien, does that count?

Diegoboy
07-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Yes

tth
07-28-2008, 09:20 PM
I HAVE ONE TOO!!

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm192/MISSVEGAS1978/th_151.jpg http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm192/MISSVEGAS1978/th_153.jpg http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm192/MISSVEGAS1978/th_155.jpg

quadracer111
07-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Im going to get one tommorrow!! :D:D:D they dont have an esc programmer there from proboat so can i use a different one?