PDA

View Full Version : Will the Swordfish 240 buckle???

Tuslow1
07-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Here is the setup:
MHZ Iceberg Nomad XL (43")
Neu 2215/2Y
10s to 12s
Swordfish 240

I never got around to prop sizes or even buying the hull because I was told by MHZ that the hull was no longer available after I ordered and purchased the motor ( 10/08 ) . But I see that it is on the new MHZ website. So now I'm thinking I might as well build it to keep this monster of a motor from wasting away.
I ask if the Swordfish can truely handle 12s because i'm seeing more and more guys saying that higher cell count esc's buckle and burn when they are placed under the rated pressure.
exe: never run a 6s rated esc on 6s... don't even think of runing a 8s rated esc on 8s...
Why in the heck do they make them and rate them when they can't handle what they say.
Thanks, Ken

tth
07-11-2010, 03:54 PM
There are a few ESC's that will out-perform their ratings. On the other hand the majority of them will not. The Swordfish is still in the testing phase for most of us. I dont know if anyone has really pushed the limits of one yet? For a little more money get a Shultze. Proven performance comes at a price tho, but you get reliability.

Tuslow1
07-11-2010, 05:19 PM
I've heard of the Shultze blowing thier gaskets as well and for us to get them we have to deal with Mr. Sure I have it in my hand, and you wont see it for months to come..... let alone a issue to have to send it back to the other side of this third rock from the Sun.
I'd like to try the Swordfish but I need to know the realistic limits of it, if it runs fine on 10s you know I'm eventualy going to see what she does on 12s to attemp to get the most out of the boat.....
I tend to waste money but my waste is in buying too much at once, not by foolishly blowing it up...

tth
07-11-2010, 11:54 PM
You need to try Icare RC......Great service.

Here is the LINK (http://www.icare-rc.com/motor_controls_brushless.htm#Schulze)

crabstick
07-12-2010, 12:08 AM
Etti 200 HV would be my current pick.

A Club member has on running on 10s in his 1/8 and no smoke after 4-5 runs so far.