PDA

View Full Version : WTB small cat hull

speedsport
07-10-2010, 10:36 PM
I'm looking for a small cat hull. Preferably fiberglass but could be wood. I would like some thing about 15in. Hardware is a plus but not needed.

Thanks

Diegoboy
07-10-2010, 11:46 PM
how much do you want to spend (range)?

BakedMopar
07-11-2010, 02:02 AM
You thinking of letting that freya go Danny?

speedsport
07-11-2010, 09:56 AM
It depends on what I find.

Jesse J
07-11-2010, 11:35 AM
I got a micro I scaled to about the mini C from the Shockerman plans. I have robbed the rudder, but the strut/flex is still intact. Needs motor, esc, rudder but has futaba high torque micro servo. It is balsa and ply, but one of my more recent builds and is made well. Here is build thread. (http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=6561&highlight=micro+scratch+cat)

It is the one in the upper right on my links (http://jessej73.home.bresnan.net/jessej73.html) page. She is primed and ready for your paint scheme. Sale would be what you see minus motor/esc/batts/rx/prop and rudder.

lemme know if interested, I can take pics of how she sits now.

speedsport
07-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Pics would be cool. How much $ we talking?

Jesse J
07-11-2010, 05:05 PM
here is a taster. I will go see if I can rustle up a rudder so all you would need would be motor/esc and rx.

I built this guy last spring and it is super solid. foam inside so it CAN"T sink. see build thread to see the construction. the hatch needs some primer and the whole thing a top coat of your choice.

I would like to get $90 for it shipped. probably more than you were thinking, but it is hand made from wood and is designed to perform superbly.

If I find a rudder, it will be $100 shipped.

Lemme know what you think.

Jesse J
07-11-2010, 09:04 PM
found a rudder, had to manufacture the bracket, but hooked it up to servo and it works great.

Let me know either way if interested, I will probably post tomorrow morning as FS.

Jesse J
07-12-2010, 09:37 AM
had to redo the stuffing tube. I am removing from the market cause it is too cool and not yet working fully functionally at the moment.

Good luck with your search, if you are still looking.

speedsport
07-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Any one?

Jesse J
07-22-2010, 03:17 PM
I have one the same dimensions as the Apache (22"). It is the red and white one in my cats album. I have removed all the hardware but the stuffing tube is still in place. It is balsa/ply with light fiberglass. It has some ride pads that might need to be taken down some. I have gotten it up to 45mph and it handles pretty well.

Lemme know if interested, I can post present day pics and links to vids.

FighterCat57
07-22-2010, 03:33 PM
I have a mini wild cat with twin drives. Think that's about 15". Includes hardware, servo, brushed ESC Rx/Tx... battery & charger...

It's got a pair of brushless motors in it now. but only one ESC, the other died.

befu
07-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Any one?

18.5" long, vacuum formed with glass and kevlar reinforcement. Look under build section for the 18.5" mystic.

I might have some available if the reinforcement works. So far so good.

A proven hull like fightercats might be your best bet. Are you new to building boats or experienced?

Brian

Basstronics
07-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Would that work with the 26x32 3000 kV mystery outrunner & 30 amp ESC combo?

If so how much for just the bare hulls? I have plenty of glass and carbon fiber.

speedsport
07-22-2010, 07:28 PM
Befu. I'm new to building boats but have done glass work before. How much and how thick is the hull? I have had vacuum formed boats in the past and they eventually cracked. But then again they where nitro boats.

FighterCat57 how much? Got any pics?

FighterCat57
07-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Befu. I'm new to building boats but have done glass work before. How much and how thick is the hull? I have had vacuum formed boats in the past and they eventually cracked. But then again they where nitro boats.

Yeah, actually a whole thread. Let me know what parts you want and make me an offer...
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=14585&page=2

I have the complete brushed setup too, minus one motor. Lotsa parts.

EDIT* Just added a bunch of photos in the wildcat thread above.

befu
07-22-2010, 09:10 PM

I am molding them thin trying to get detail, sand blasting the inside and glassing them. decks are .040, hulls are .030 to .060. Not sure, the first ones are still being built. It really is small!

For your first boat, I would recommend going with fighter's cat. would be a good learning experience. Plus you should be able to beat him up pretty good on price/parts. He has too many projects going right now and he is on pain meds, momentary lack of reason might work out in your favor. Just don't ask him while he is gettng a boat ready to run.... He is a little jumpy about that! :sorry:

Just trying to help you out there fighter! :tape::tape:

Brian

FighterCat57
07-22-2010, 09:24 PM
I am molding them thin trying to get detail, sand blasting the inside and glassing them. decks are .040, hulls are .030 to .060. Not sure, the first ones are still being built. It really is small!

For your first boat, I would recommend going with fighter's cat. would be a good learning experience. Plus you should be able to beat him up pretty good on price/parts. He has too many projects going right now and he is on pain meds, momentary lack of reason might work out in your favor. Just don't ask him while he is gettng a boat ready to run.... He is a little jumpy about that! :sorry:

Just trying to help you out there fighter! :tape::tape:

Brian

:w00t: :lol:

Nice :thumbup:

speedsport
07-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Its not my first. my first was a nanokat. Made out of foam and thin ply. Started out with a brushed setup then went brushless and i was hooked. I do really like the look of your woork though. I´m def interested in one.