PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide-sv27r or stiletto 29

ALD
07-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Pro's & cons- aquacraft sv27r or pro boat stiletto 29 i like em both but need to choose one!

Rumdog
07-09-2010, 08:17 PM
SV, bad rough water hull. Stiletto, nobody has one yet so can't say. It looks good though, and I would buy it over the SV any day. Have you seen the new Traxxas titan?

Diesel6401
07-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Pro's & cons- aquacraft sv27r or pro boat stiletto 29 i like em both but need to choose one!

Comparing apples and oranges buddy, ones a mono other a tunnel. Different animals. What are your expectations? Where will you be running your boat at? What type of experience do you have? These questions may help you choose. I started off with a RIO EP, it gave me a chance to start learning slowly then I moved to a SV which gave me brushless know how. The SV is a great boat too get started into brushless and is beginner friendly. Maybe try and find a old SV27 not the R. Would save you a few $$$ that you could then bank and move onto the Stilleto. O yay forgot about the Titan, good call Rum. With batteries and charger already included it's tough to pass.

ALD
07-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Yes, I have seen the new traxxes. Decided that a 36" boat to for a pond

ALD
07-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Yes, both boats different. I already have a 25" prince with upgraded motor. This boat is a rocket and wicked stable. So. now I'm looking for something a little different , slower and longer run times.

Insaniac
07-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Start with a mono...SV-27R is a good first choice, but as your driving improves and you start increasing hull speed by adding options you WILL need a better handling boat like a DF29...

wizard122
07-09-2010, 11:34 PM
Have you thought about a Hydro just got myself a Vac-U-Pickle and I love this boat handles great super fast and won't brake the bank. I hooked on hydros now they just look so cool in the water like a drifter car. I would stay clear of some of the RTR hydros out there I gave this a lot of thought and asked a lot of questions before I bought this boat and I was not disappointed at all.:buttrock:

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=15304