PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Tree USB Micro Power E-Logger

ReddyWatts
04-13-2007, 05:46 PM
I see that you have started carrying the Eagle Tree USB Micro Power E-Logger. That is just to cheap to pass up. Gotta have one of those. Do you have the real time display addon, that goes with it? I would like to see the amp reading in the field and then check the running log on a PC when I get home.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=dh-mpr-conn

Jeff
04-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Redyd, I think you have to download thee info from the run BEFORE disconecting the power source. f this is true you will need a laptop at the pond. Double check, I have been wrong alot of times.:)
Jeff

SJFE
04-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Ill be takin my laptop to the lake...Just becaue it will look kewl sittin there setup connected to the boat after a run:D. I may get a cingular air pc card so I can post the results and videos in real time......Yes I am KING of the geeks:p .

lferguson
04-13-2007, 08:21 PM
This might be a silly question but the software is not compatablie with a Windows Mobile device is it? That would be a lot better than taking my laptop to the pond which I totaly refuse to do. Phone... yes, Macbook Pro.. No way!

Jeff
04-13-2007, 08:41 PM
SJFE,That would be uber geek:D

I was looking on e-bay for a beater laptop, you need windows 2000 or better. Not much processer speed or memory. I would also be able to use the castle link at the pond.
Toshiba tecra's seem to be the cheapst that have enough oomph to do it. Looks like 175.00 too 275.00 + about 50.00 for shipping a refurbished one. It seems the battery is the week link. They do not replace it or warant it's condition. Most have windows xp and wireless card and enough software to do the graphing for each run. I really don't know much about computers and was using the buy it now for prices.
Jeff

SJFE
04-13-2007, 08:52 PM
Tell ya what...You can have everything I know about computers...then maybe my phone will stop ringing......LOL. Don't worry about the battery. Pick up a power inverter for 25 bucks and run it off the car battery. If you buy a low end machine like that strip every program off it but what you are using to log data. It will work fine.

Steven Vaccaro
04-13-2007, 09:47 PM
I see that you have started carrying the Eagle Tree USB Micro Power E-Logger. That is just to cheap to pass up. Gotta have one of those. Do you have the real time display addon, that goes with it? I would like to see the amp reading in the field and then check the running log on a PC when I get home.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=dh-mpr-conn

Do you mean the lcd? If so, its listed right under the micro logger

ReddyWatts
04-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Ok, I found it under tools, but if you click on the home page "E-logger" link it does not show the addons. Thanks!

Steven Vaccaro
04-13-2007, 11:18 PM
The site doesn't work that way. I'm working on how to make things listed with each other.

The page you are referring to with this software is called the details page. If there are more details to any product you can click the picture or the "details" link on the right. And the product opens in its own screen

ReddyWatts
04-14-2007, 02:58 PM
I was reading about the E-Logger. It has a permanent memory that will hold your information without the batteries connected. So you can wait until you get home and use your home PC to diagnose your running log. Great for people that do not have laptops. They also have an external battery for it, just in case your boat batteries voltage gets below 4.5 volts in your run.

All data is logged to permanent memory, which retains the data even when the power is removed

Logs pack current to +/- 100 amps and voltage from about 4.5 volts to 45 volts

Current is measured with a true Hall Effects Sensor - NOT a resistance shunt!
Great for bench monitoring of battery charging also!

Fully Compatible with Windows Vista, 98SE, ME, Win2K and XP™
Integrated USB with included cable (NOT a USB to serial port cable like other loggers)

Weighs about 0.5 oz (17 grams). Version with Wire Leads weighs slightly more.

Adjustable logging rate (1-10 samples/second) and lossless data compression for long log times

Amazing video!!!

http://www.tppacks.com/video/TRex%20600%20A50-10S%2010s1p-4700%20PL%205-7-06.wmv

ReddyWatts
04-15-2007, 10:16 AM
http://www.eagletreesystems.com/MicroPower/2.htm

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/MicroPower/1.htm

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/MicroPower/10.htm

Darin Jordan
04-15-2007, 10:17 AM
That is an amazing video...

I placed my order with OSE yesterday for the Micro-V2 system... Easy to order... Just started at the logger and added one of everything below it down the list! ;)

I just wish it would do up to 150amps... though I've been told by others who have used it that they have recorded as high as 135amps on it, so we'll see.... Definately like the Brushless Motor harness... and I think this will really help with getting my smaller boats set up for ultimate performance... It's always hard to get an N1-Mono or small brushed boat running just right... Usually when you push it a little too far... the brushes tell you so... so it'll be nice to see where the edge is without frying a motor doing it...

sjslhill
04-15-2007, 10:20 AM
You running one of those 1040 Watt N2 boats this year Darin?

Darin Jordan
04-15-2007, 10:25 AM
You running one of those 1040 Watt N2 boats this year Darin?

No dude... those are a myth... Just a lot of hype... I'm running a 26" DH Mono with a Neu 1515 1D and B125 ESC on 2S2P Lipos... It's a rocket, will barely stay on the water, and nothing gets over 100-degrees.... not even close actually....

I tried running 2S1P packs... but the packs were getting into the 140-degree range... 2S2P comes in around 90... No more battery worries, so until the "C" ratings on these cells gets up to speed... I'm just ducky with the parallelling allowances...

... I'll worry about 1040 Watt N2 boats when they happen... I think I'll have peace of mind for some time to come... ;)

sjslhill
04-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Someone told be yeaterday that they are coming with a 40" N2 that is pulling 1000 watts and it's going to leave a huge wake and take all of you small boat guys out the first lap.

Darin Jordan
04-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Someone told be yeaterday that they are coming with a 40" N2 that is pulling 1000 watts and it's going to leave a huge wake and take all of you small boat guys out the first lap.

Bring it on! :D

sjslhill
04-15-2007, 01:18 PM
With the new 250amp controllers, it's possible. I figure your being quite about it and doing it yourself. : - )

I figure you can run 3000 watts in P hydro.

SJFE
04-15-2007, 01:37 PM
And power a small town.....LOL

Darin Jordan
04-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Steve,

Just a quick question... are the Loggers you sell the version with the Deans pre-installed, or with the wire?? I can make either work... just curious...

Thanks,

admin
04-16-2007, 02:57 PM
I "THINK" (gets me in trouble!) that they only make the micro with deans installed.

Looks like this.
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/prodimages/large__09_04_2007_19_33_mpr-conn.jpg

Darin Jordan
04-16-2007, 03:08 PM
I "THINK" (gets me in trouble!) that they only make the micro with deans installed.

Nope... From the Eagletree Systems website:

Part #: MPR-LEADS

( http://www.eagletreesystems.com/MicroPower/4.htm )

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/MicroPower/images/Micropower-Leads.jpg

No big deal... like I said, I can make it work either way... have plenty of Deans laying around and am getting really good and configuring adapters to fit my 6mm contacts... ;)

Darin Jordan
04-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Steven,

I just wanted to confirm with you... When the additional accessory leads for the V2 become available (memory expander, airspeed, multi-expander specifically), are you planning on carrying them? I'd like to get them, but they are pre-order only right now, and if I have to wait, I'd rather wait and get them from you...

Also, are you planning on carrying the loop-temp sensor?

I got my V2 all set up last night and ready to install... haven't even used it yet and I'm already "Jonesin" to increase it's capabilities!

By the way... what have others solutions been to installing the Brushless RPM sensor? In the future... I'll add a tap to the motor leads (at least two of them) using a short piece of wire and a 3.5mm connector, but for now, I just installed a male 3.5mm connector on the lead from the sensor, and them soldered a sewing pin into the wire side of a female 3.5mm connector (did this to both "Motor 1" and "Motor 2" leads)... I'll just stick it into the motor wire... Easy to install and remove...

SJFE
04-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Can that unit run dual temp probes? I only see one set of pins.

Darin Jordan
04-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Can that unit run dual temp probes? I only see one set of pins.

Yes, but you have to choose not to run the RPM probe...

Once the expander is available, you'll be able to run a pair of temp probes AND the RPM... which is ideal for FE... Battery and Motor temps are what I'm after concerning temps...

ED66677
05-30-2007, 03:21 PM
Just received mine today :D
The software is amazing!

NorthernBoater
05-30-2007, 07:21 PM
The software does run on Windows 98SE.

ED66677
05-31-2007, 01:46 AM
The manual says 98SE, Millenium, 2K and XP