PDA

View Full Version : IMPBA D12 Race #4 Chesapeake, VA

Chilli
07-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Okay Guys, Here is the race flier for the ODMBA Invitational D12 race to be held in the Norfolk/ VA Beach area August 27th-29th. The race site is only 20 minutes from VA Beach and resort hotel prices drop significantly in the middle of August, so bring the family along. We're expecting the largest FE turnout of the season in D12. In addition to the regular D12 FE classes (P-Mono, P-Spec Tunnel & P-Spec Hydro), the club is also going to have a FE shootout to show the IC guys what FE's can do. It's a two heat "run what you brung" FE class. Only one rule. 180 Amp speed controllers max. Thats it. Lets get as many people as possible to try and make this event. Dick Loeb the club president has gone out of his way to bring FE exposure to the District. Let's show them we're for real. Would love to see the entire Tidewater gang as well as you guys from Carolina and the NAMBA1 crew from north of the Mason/Dixon line!!!

Mike

dirtysouth31
07-08-2010, 04:42 PM
i will be there

egneg
07-08-2010, 06:39 PM
i will be there So will I, but I "FEAR" that I will be the only one from the team.

Doug Smock
07-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Looking at this seriously fellas. Eight + hour drive.:crying:
Where is a good place for Mrs. Smock and I to spend the night?

Doug:beerchug:

Chilli
07-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Don't tease us Doug!!! :w00t: Obviously, we would love to have you.

If you do a search on Google Maps and type in "Indian River High School, Chesapeake VA". Then clear the search bar and type in "hotels". There are a bunch of places to stay a few minutes from the pond. I'm going to get a place on Virginia Beach about 25 minutes away so Mom and the kids can dip their toes in the sand. Rates drop big time after the second week in August when the kids start heading back to school.

Doug Smock
07-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Thanks Mike.

HOTWATER
07-08-2010, 10:51 PM
I will be there...Just need to check out the hotels in the area...

Thanks for the posting the race flier/thread Mike!

-Kent

Chilli
07-08-2010, 11:03 PM
No prob guys. I am definitely bringing the 4400 watt generator so who ever wants to can have some juice for power supplys and/or battery chargers. Bring extension chords if you want power. I have splitters.

HOTWATER
07-09-2010, 06:09 PM

Doug, that would be awesome if you made it to Chesapeake!!:w00t: :banana: I also am looking into getting a place down there. about a 4 1/2 hr. drive for me...Hopefully I will find something close to the pond so I will be on time for the 7:30AM drivers meetings...LOL!!!

-Kent :beerchug:

egneg
07-09-2010, 07:25 PM
I hope this works, here is a google earth image of nearby hotels.

HOTWATER
07-09-2010, 07:38 PM
I hope this works, here is a google earth image of nearby hotels.

Thanks Chuck! Any help is really appreciated!:smile:

-Kent

egneg
07-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Not working...I will try the search link that you provided...Thanks Chuck! Any help is really appreciated!:smile:

-Kent

It should be ok now - I fixed it.

Chilli
07-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Thanks Chuck. I checked the prices at the Red Roof Inn and rooms were only about $80.

Breaking news: Hotwater is going to be piloting the "Dinoco" Titan 29 P-mono owned by Mikey Jr.

We have the possiblity of five P-mono's running folks.:banana:

HOTWATER
07-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Thanks Chuck. I checked the prices at the Red Roof Inn and rooms were only about $80.

Breaking news: Hotwater is going to be piloting the "Dinoco" Titan 29 P-mono owned by Mikey Jr.

We have the possiblity of five P-mono's running folks.:banana:

Ah yes! I will be running P-Spec now... Very nice of you to offer that to me Mike!!! Should be a blast!!

-Kent

Chilli
07-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Thats P-Mono (not a spec class). :thumbup1: That Titan turns allot different than the JAE Kent. Better be there on Friday for open water. I'm sure you'll do fine!

Since none of us are in the points chase in B/P-mono, maybe Dick will let us run by ourselves if we have enough entries. It would be nice to be able to run wide open:rockon2:

HOTWATER
07-11-2010, 01:06 AM
Yes, P-Mono...thanks for the correction. I will be there for open water no doubt...:laugh:

Chilli
07-11-2010, 01:27 AM
Do you have a second reciever for the 3PM Kent? We can throw it in the Titan for the weekend if you want. If not, you can just use Mikey's radio.

HOTWATER
07-11-2010, 01:38 AM
No second receiver...yet. I am actually running with my old 3PM still. Not enough time to switch things over and dial in today...but am hoping to get a couple of R306FS's soon. I will keep you posted.

egneg
07-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Things are really looking up for FE ... great going guys!

D&D
07-11-2010, 12:49 PM
My wife and I are planning to attend, but I'm too old and blind to race anymore. Just want to see your FE boats and watch them run.

Chilli
07-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Well you cant see and I cant drive. I think we would make a great team. LOL!!!

Looking foward to see you at the race Dennis.

egneg
07-11-2010, 07:22 PM
I can't drive either. I speared buoy #6 in the 3rd heat with the P-mono today. I was told the buoy's were supposed to stay on the course. :eek:

Now they call me "buoy boy".

HOTWATER
07-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Woo-Hoo! Chuck, you drive just like me! LOL!! Actually, today I kept my nose clean and did not anything at the Queenstown pond!! Help me Oprah Winfrey!! I was the only one there today running FE...All the other guys were running gas. They were very cool to hang around with.

-Kent

hazegry
07-15-2010, 03:04 PM
I saw chuck spear the buoy it was pretty funny. I will be there I have a pop up tent I can bring and some folding tables. I am trying to have my P spec tunnel and my mono up and going by then I also have a surprise for run what you brung if I can get it done in time.

Chilli
07-15-2010, 04:49 PM
We'll, I've seen many fine racers tag buoys this year. I tagged a few in practice but not in a heat this year. Instead I decided to put my Spec Rigger into the bank on our narrow back stretch last race. But she is all patched up and ready to go.

Thanks for the PM's Jason. Good getting to know you. I'm going to start putting my Woodstuff together next week. I'll do a build thread. Please do the same. Looking foward to meeting the gang next month!!!

I havent talked to Dick but James Beasly PM'ed me he would constider breaking out the Spec Tunnel if we run a separate class from B Tunnel. With six weeks to go, FE partricipation for this race is looking very encouraging. Much more than I could of dreamed of. Dick will hopefully start posting entries soon. I'll paste them up here when I see them.:thumbup1:

HOTWATER
07-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Awesome Jason! Look forward to meeting you!!

NEWSFLASH!!!!!!! Glenn Quarles (Nova Rossi/ TOP dist.) is now going to build a p-spec (UL-1 powered) hydro!!!!!!!!! Whoo Hoo!! It won't be long before everyone has something FE to run! What do ya think Mike?

-Kent

egneg
07-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Yes I kinda looked liked Rudolph with a swollen nose! I am glad to hear that we are getting this much interest in FE in such a short amount of time. :thumbup:

Way to go guys ... and thanks to Mike for all the hard work he did to make this happen in D12.

hazegry
07-15-2010, 07:46 PM
I am looking forward to meeting everyone too. I just wish I wasnt selling my ETTI demon to get ready but ya got to do what ya got to do. I am debating getting a bby liftmaster to replace it

Chilli
07-15-2010, 08:24 PM
NEWSFLASH!!!!!!! Glenn Quarles (Nova Rossi/ TOP dist.) is now going to build a p-spec (UL-1 powered) hydro!!!!!!!!! Whoo Hoo!! It won't be long before everyone has something FE to run! What do ya think Mike?

-Kent

I think the JAE team and Zippkits have come up with a product that not only the FE community has been waiting for, but something so good that all RC boaters have taken notice. Plus Mr. Smock has done a great job building 80% of the JAE's on the race course. :laugh: Even Don Ferette (D12 Director/National Gas Director) told me last race he was thinking about running one next year.

I think winning a race is going to be allot harder next year. :crying:

hazegry
07-16-2010, 08:12 AM
it will just be that much sweeter when we do win is all. I cant wait for august this is going to be a good time.

Chilli
07-25-2010, 10:57 AM
ENTRIES FOR THE 18TH ANNUAL ODMBA INVITATIONAL

IMPBA DISTRICT 12 - RACE #4

NOVICE
Carol Loeb
Manie Stadler
Debbie Farrow
John Chirillo

B/P MONO
Mike Chirillo
Julian Conde
Dick Loeb
James Beasley
Buddy Lowe
Mike Luszcz
Dick Tendall
Chuck Genge
Kent Seal

B SPORT 21 TUNNEL
Julian Conde
James Beasley
Dick Loeb
Robin Stebbins

B/P-SPEC TUNNEL
Julian Conde
Mike Luszcz
Dick Loeb
James Beasley
Buddy Lowe
Mike Chirillo
Robin Stebbins

STOCK GAS
Mike Chirillo
Jim Skelton
Herb Brakebill
Blaise Recca
John Bonanno
Tommy Crandall
Jack Smith
Stephen Sutton
Jim Squires
Steve Speas
Barry Riddle

.18 RTR
Carol Loeb
Manie Stadler
Debbie Farrow
Kevin Havens

LSG THUNDERBOAT
Jim Skelton
John Crouch
Herb Brakebill
Buddy Lowe

LSG OUTRIGGER
Blaise Recca
Anthony Black
Alex Black
Joshua Black

LSG SPORT HYDRO
John Crouch
Blaise Recca
James Beasley
John Bonanno
Tommy Crandall
Jack Smith
Anthony Black
Alex Black
Joshua Black

LSG CAT
Herb Brakebill
Blaise Recca
Tommy Crandall
Giovanni Tonti
Joshua Black

LSG MONO
Stephen Sutton
John Crouch
Kevin Havens

SPORT 40 HYDRO
Buddy Lowe
James Beasley
Dick Tyndall
Tim Jones

OPEN NITRO MONO (D,E,F COMBINED)
John Finch
Tim Jones
Jim Squires

OPEN OFFSHORE
John Crouch
Tommy Crandall
Jack Smith
Giovanni Tonti
Kevin Havens
Joshua Black

180 ELEC SHOOTOUT
Dick Loeb
Mike Chirillo
John Chirillo
Mike Luszcz
Chuck Genge
Kent Seal

JERSEY SKIFF
John Finch
John Crouch
Barry Riddle

OPEN CAT
John Crouch
Tommy Crandall
Giovanni Tonti
Steve Speas
Alex Black

20 B/P-SPEC HYDRO
Mike Chirillo
Tim Jones
Robin Stebbins
Chuck Genge
Kent Seal
Bill Benns
Jim Benns

1/8 SCALE
Dick Loeb
Don Ferrette

D TUNNEL
Dick Loeb
James Beasley
Buddy Lowe

D HYDRO
Don Ferrette
Joshua Black

E HYDRO
Anthony Black
Alexc Black
Joshua Black

F HYDRO
Don Ferrette

GAS TUNNEL
Buddy Lowe
Julian Conde
James Beasley

WE NEED D and F RIGGERS! GET YOUR ENTRIES IN SOON . . . PLEASE

hazegry
07-25-2010, 11:01 AM
how do you register? I am down for p mono and p spec tunnel

egneg
07-25-2010, 11:59 AM
I guess I better get signed up. Jason the first post has the sign up sheet.

Doug Smock
07-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Guys I'm going to try to get things nailed down this week and get my entry in.
It's going to be a busy boat month.:biggrin:

PS 180 amp. max esc in the shootout boats, so a 40.160 is ok??:confused1:

hazegry
07-25-2010, 11:33 PM
Can we run a rigger in the hydro class?

Chilli
07-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Guys I'm going to try to get things nailed down this week and get my entry in.

PS 180 amp. max esc in the shootout boats, so a 40.160 is ok??:confused1:

That would be great if you can make it up Doug:banana: I may ask Dick for a separate P-Spec Tunnel class. I think we may have six running.

Dick picked what he wanted for the shootout and I wasnt going to argue with him. I'm just happy to have the FE support he has brought to the District. You bringing the Seaducer????:thumbup1:

Jason, In B/P-spec Hydro just about every boat run is a rigger, but technically you could run a sport hydro, tunnel, cat and stepped mono in this class.

hazegry
07-26-2010, 12:04 PM
ok thanks I will get ahold of randy and let him know to go ahead with my hull :spy::spy::spy:

Doug Smock
07-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks Mike.
What have you guys landed on set up wise to run with the B-Monos without being over the top?
Doug

HOTWATER
07-26-2010, 10:10 PM
[QUOTE=D.Smock;210654]Guys I'm going to try to get things nailed down this week and get my entry in.

:banana::thumbup1: NICE!!

hazegry
07-26-2010, 10:29 PM
Just found out today I have to work that weekend :(

Chilli
07-26-2010, 10:55 PM
Doug, I run a 1515 1y with good (not premium) 35c batteries and 180 speed controller. If the B-mono's are on their "A" game, I have a slight advantage with a detounged 642. If I go to a 640, I'm a couple mph slower. So if your running a CC240 with hyperion cells and a lightly moded 640, I think you'll be in the ballpark.

BTW- I know your a southern gentleman, but if we run a FE class or two without the nitro guys, no sandbagging !!! I need to see how much I have to pick up my game for when I come down to D13 next year.:thumbup1:

Chilli
07-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Just found out today I have to work that weekend :(

Cough, Cough.......Sick Leave........Cough, Cough :o

We just need to make sure there is no press. Years ago we had a fellow Air Traffic Controller in Denver. He took sick leave and went hunting. He ended up shooting a trophy elk. His picture was plastered in the sports section of the local paper.:ohmy: He got a few days of what we affectionately call "time on the beach".

hazegry
07-27-2010, 11:09 AM
lol The navy has a different take on sick days I am trying to swap with someone so I can go.

Chilli
07-27-2010, 11:39 AM
Been there, done that. Only way to miss a shift is via the medical clinic and a chit from the doctor.

Chilli
07-27-2010, 02:53 PM
From Dick and Carol:

HOTEL LISTINGS FOR THE ODMBA 18TH ANNUAL INVITATIONAL

All hotels listed are in Chesapeake. They are 1 to 4 miles from the lake and are also close to each other. Red Roof Inn is offering a 20% discount that can be used any time any where by using the code # CP605121. There are plenty more to choose from if you don’t like what you see here. Lots of eateries close by.

Red Roof Inn #154
724 Woodlake Drive
757-523-0123

Hampton Inn
701 Woodlake Drive
757-420-1550

Staybridge Suites
709 Woodlake Drive
757-420-2525

Cedar Tree Inn
721 Conference Center Drive
757-366-0100

In Town Suites
2150 Old Greenbrier Road
757-523-1448

Extend Stay America
1540 Crossways Blvd.
757-424-8600

Fairfield Inn
1560 Crossways Blvd.
757-420-1300

Comfort Suites
1550 Crossways Blvd.
757-420-1600

Sun Suites
1520 Crossways Blvd.
757-213-0222

Residence Inn
1550 Crossways Blvd.
757-502-7300

Chilli
07-31-2010, 01:22 AM
The entry list has been updated on post #31 above. One month to go. Get those entries in to Dick and Carol!!!

I've been busy working on the tunnel the last two weeks . I found the battery/electronics box that the boat came with was just too small. So I fabricated a new one. The boat is all sealed up, the steering system and outdrive are installed. I'll post some pics in a day or two.

Chuck, Mike, & Jason, good luck at the ODMBA club race this weekend.

:beerchug:

PS-Here's a pic of my gas DF Sniper taken at the last race.:rockon2:

egneg
07-31-2010, 08:47 AM
Thanks Mike, I will be turning in my entry form on Sunday as well for P-mono, 20 P spec hydro,
and of course the 180 shootout.

I am still undecided as to what I will use in the shootout though.

:buttrock: :beerchug: :rockon2:

The Electric Year !!!

runzwithsizorz
08-03-2010, 10:54 AM
So will I, but I "FEAR" that I will be the only one from the team.

Ye of so little faith. Have nothing race worthy, but I'll bring my pom-poms, and be the ugliest cheer leader you ever saw.

runzwithsizorz
08-03-2010, 11:05 AM
No prob guys. I am definitely bringing the 4400 watt generator :ohmy:so who ever wants to can have some juice for power supplys and/or battery chargers. AND stadium lights for night racing. Bring extension chords if you want power. I have splitters.

The message is too short???

runzwithsizorz
08-03-2010, 11:21 AM

Mrs. Runz & I have a HUGE bedroom, and private bath upstairs. Free WI-FI, and cable TV. Alas, it is an hours drive to the race site, (Williamsburg). Also, there is a smaller bedroom, with a trundle bed upstairs as well.

Chilli
08-03-2010, 11:37 AM
I could do night racing......:rockon2:

Entries updated on Post 31

hazegry
08-06-2010, 04:11 PM
well I got off work but I dont think I am going to be racing. I just dont think my first race should be a district race I would hate to be an obstacle my first time out when points are so important.

Chilli
08-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Don't sweat district points Jason. Just take is slow, take the turns wide and don't get too aggresive.

Do novice class and the Shootout if you want. I raced novice all last year and thats what the class is there for.

Please get out there and race!!!

You will not regret it!!!

egneg
08-06-2010, 07:09 PM
:iagree:

It's all done for fun Jason!

HOTWATER
08-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Yep! If you show up at the race without your boats you will probably regret it. Oh yeah, by the way...my first race was a district points race...

Don't worry about anything...come race with us!:thumbup:

-Kent

HOTWATER
08-10-2010, 01:42 PM
This is Kent :banana: - Chuck :rockon2:- Mike:buttrock: having fun at the races...

This is Jason showing up at the race without his boats - :frusty:

Seriously, it would be cool if you just showed up, but would be excellent if you raced!

hazegry
08-10-2010, 01:58 PM
lol my house is 5 min from the races I can always run back and grab them. I think chuck looks more like this :eek: buoy :eek: nitro hydro lol just playing chuck. on a downside my mono is down for a broke coupler thing snapped inhalf so got 3 on order from kintec hope they get here in time.

HOTWATER
08-10-2010, 02:05 PM
What's wrong with that?...that's what we all look like when we're on the stand :eek::eek::eek::eek: LOL! This is what I look like when I finished without hitting anything :w00t:

HOTWATER
08-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Don't worry about your couplers not showing up...I have a few brand new ones you can use

Chilli
08-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Entry list is updated.

I see Kent finally got his entry in.:tt2:

Two weeks to entry cutoff.

HOTWATER
08-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Entry list is updated.

I see Kent finally got his entry in.:tt2:

Two weeks to entry cutoff.

LOL! ...:moon:

HOTWATER
08-10-2010, 02:44 PM
I don't see Doug's name in there yet...

egneg
08-10-2010, 05:48 PM
It looks like FE is here to stay!

Good work guys!

HOTWATER
08-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Chuck, YOU are helping us out with all of the good work bro...thanks!

-Kent

egneg
08-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Chuck, YOU are helping us out with all of the good work bro...thanks!

-Kent

Kent ... I am just one of many.

HOTWATER
08-10-2010, 07:37 PM
I hear you bro...

-Kent

hazegry
08-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Kent your sig makes me want to borrow a taser for the race lol

Chilli
08-10-2010, 09:39 PM
I don't see Doug's name in there yet...

Hopefully Doug will be able to join us. But it's alot of travel and expense to run with a bunch of rookie "Amp Heads". :biggrin: Doug has contributed as much as anyone to make this happen. I think we owe him a trip down south next year.

HOTWATER
08-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Hopefully Doug will be able to join us. But it's alot of travel and expense to run with a bunch of rookie "Amp Heads". :biggrin: Doug has contributed as much as anyone to make this happen. I think we owe him a trip down south next year.

That would be awesome! Plenty of time to plan something! I agree...Doug has been great help to us!

runzwithsizorz
08-13-2010, 01:18 PM

I’ve never met Doug, but from my vantage point, (lurker), he seems a straight up kinda guy. Which is why I had earlier in this thread extended an invitation to he, and his wife. Saving 2, or 3 hundred dollars on accommodations might just entice him to come on up. Perhaps I should PM ????

Doug Smock
08-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the offer Todd, very generous of you!!!:bowdown:
I think I need to stay close to the race site and get all the rest I can. I have the Gas Championship next weekend, (CD and two classes) and your race the following weekend. I'm not going to be worth a flip.:huh:

My entry is in the mail in the morning!!
P-Mono, P- Limited Hydro, P-Limited O/B Tunnel, the Shootout, LSG Cat and LSG Mono. Dang anyway you look at that it's six classes, why do I do this??
Are you sure we'll have enough power?? I can bring my 5500 if we need it.
Who's gonna be my pit man in the LSG classes?

See ya at the pond!!
Doug :beerchug:
PS "Rookie Ampheads" yeah ok........:lol:

Doug Smock
08-13-2010, 06:14 PM
Jason!!!!!!!!! Enter your boats!!!!!!
We have all had first races and you can't possibly do something that hasn't already been done.:laugh:
Well take care of ya!!!

hazegry
08-14-2010, 04:56 PM
Okok I sent the form in yesterday

egneg
08-14-2010, 06:37 PM
I will be picking up a new UL-1 hull with hardware tomorrow!

:banana: :beerchug: :thumbup: :buttrock:

Update: I have the hull and will be getting it race ready this week.

Doug Smock
08-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Are you sure we'll have enough power?? I can bring my 5500 if we need it.

It looks like Paul Rollins is going to make the trip with me. That's one more boat in all the FE classes.:thumbup1:

D.:beerchug:

Chilli
08-17-2010, 11:41 PM
I've been out of town for a few days guys. Lots of great news!!! Looks like it's going to be a blast.

I'll get the entry list updated in a few days. Is Mrs Smock still coming down Doug??

Doug Smock
08-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Hey Mike,
The Mrs. can't make this trip. So it's just me and Mr.Rollins.:crying:

I should probably tell you guys that my oval boats mean very little to me, and yours mean even less.:laugh::laugh::biggrin:

Looking forward to it fellas!!!:rockon2:

egneg
08-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Doug, my boats are not pretty and are for racing only. Needless to say that is why I have the name in my signature! :eek:

Doug Smock
08-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Doug, my boats are not pretty and are for racing only. Needless to say that is why I have the name in my signature! :eek:

LOL I noticed that. Mine aren't either anymore.
Wait till you guys see my gas cat.:ohmy: That thing was twice used when It was given to me, and I have resurrected it twice.:laugh: Who says "thou shalt not race ugly boats''??:thumbup:

I try real hard not to take (many lol) chances on the race course. I don't like to get hit, and I certainly don't want to damage someone else's boat.

I'm getting stoked!!

PS Should I bring a genset?

Chilli
08-18-2010, 11:43 PM
My gen is a 4400 watt and I don't use it for anything other than a fan. I know Kents power supply died so he won't need it for charging either. I don't think you need to bring your gen Doug. Maybe just a few chords. I may ask Chuck to charge up my deep cycle battery at his house overnight. I don't think the hotel would dig me bringing a battery and charger in the room. LOL

Doug Smock
08-19-2010, 12:04 AM
Ok great, thanks Mike!! That will lighten me up a bit.:thumbup1:
D.

egneg
08-19-2010, 01:55 AM
Mike, I would be more than happy to charge your battery as I have one as well.

Chilli
08-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Looks like it's going to be a party boys and girls. No easy trips to the podium this race. Thanks Chuck!!!

ENTRIES FOR THE 18TH ANNUAL ODMBA INVITATIONAL

IMPBA DISTRICT 12 - RACE #4

NOVICE
Carol Loeb
Manie Stadler
Debbie Farrow
John Chirillo
Devan Frye
Andy Grabowski
Jason Boushard

B Mono
Dick Loeb
James Beasley
Buddy Lowe
Dick Tyndall

P Mono
Mike Chirillo
Mike Luszcz
Chuck Genge
Kent Seal
Doug Smock
Paul Rollins

B SPORT 21 TUNNEL
James Beasley
Dick Loeb
Robin Stebbins
Chris Wittrig
Rick Glover
Andy Grabowski
Travis Stebbins
Kentley Porter

B/P-SPEC TUNNEL
Mike Luszcz
Dick Loeb
James Beasley
Buddy Lowe
Mike Chirillo
Robin Stebbins
Rick Glover
Doug Smock
Paul Rollins
Travis Stebbins
Kentley Porter

STOCK GAS
Mike Chirillo
Jim Skelton
Herb Brakebill
Blaise Recca
John Bonanno
Tommy Crandall
Jack Smith
Stephen Sutton
Jim Squires
Steve Speas
Barry Riddle
JR Ward
Ray Hotchkin
Jonathan Roberts

.18 RTR
Carol Loeb
Manie Stadler
Debbie Farrow
Kevin Havens
Andy Grabowski

LSG THUNDERBOAT
Jim Skelton
John Crouch
Herb Brakebill
Buddy Lowe
Ray Hotchkin

LSG OUTRIGGER
Blaise Recca
Anthony Black
Alex Black
Joshua Black
Buddy Lowe
John Finch

LSG SPORT HYDRO
John Crouch
Blaise Recca
James Beasley
John Bonanno
Tommy Crandall
Jack Smith
Anthony Black
Alex Black
Joshua Black
Ray Hotchkin

LSG CAT
Herb Brakebill
Blaise Recca
Tommy Crandall
Giovanni Tonti
Joshua Black
JR Ward
Ray Hotchkin
Jonathan Roberts
Doug Smock

LSG MONO
Stephen Sutton
John Crouch
Kevin Havens
JR Ward
Ray Hotchkin
Doug Smock

SPORT 40 HYDRO
Buddy Lowe
James Beasley
Dick Tyndall
Tim Jones
Ray Sametz

John Finch
Tim Jones
Jim Squires
Chris Wittrig

OPEN OFFSHORE
John Crouch
Jack Smith
Giovanni Tonti
Kevin Havens
Joshua Black
JR Ward
Jonathan Roberts

180 ELEC SHOOTOUT
Dick Loeb
Mike Chirillo
John Chirillo
Mike Luszcz
Chuck Genge
Kent Seal
Chris Wittrig
Doug Smock
Paul Rollins

JERSEY SKIFF
John Finch
John Crouch
Barry Riddle

OPEN CAT
John Crouch
Tommy Crandall
Giovanni Tonti
Steve Speas
Alex Black
JR Ward
Jonathan Roberts
Ray Hotchkin

20 B/P-SPEC HYDRO
Mike Chirillo
Tim Jones
Robin Stebbins
Chuck Genge
Kent Seal
Bill Benns
Jim Benns
Chris Wittrig
Doug Smock
Paul Rollins
Travis Stebbins
Kentley Porter

1/8 SCALE
Dick Loeb
Don Ferrette
John Finch

D TUNNEL
Dick Loeb
James Beasley
Buddy Lowe
Rick Glover

D HYDRO
Don Ferrette
Joshua Black
Ray Sametz
Rick Glover

E HYDRO
Anthony Black
Alex Black
Joshua Black
Rick Glover

F HYDRO
Don Ferrette
Ray Sametz
Chris Wittrig

GET YOUR ENTRIES IN SOON . . . PLEASE

THIS IS GOING TO BE A GOOD ONE

Doug Smock
08-21-2010, 12:26 AM
Nice!!!!
Paul Rollin's entry should be there any day.

Whoo Hoooo
Doug

dirtysouth31
08-21-2010, 12:53 PM
i will be there

a week early at that:doh:

hazegry
08-21-2010, 02:43 PM
paid my entry fees and club dues today they were out at the lake today so I just gave the forms to Dick Loeb directly (wife didnt mail them) see you guys out there next weekend

egneg
08-21-2010, 03:27 PM
a week early at that:doh:

We did have some very competitive cleanup though

Chilli
08-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Hopefully see you next weekend Don. LOL

Paul and Jason's entries have been posted.

FYI: The ODMBA club members will have a barbeque lunch on Saturday Aug 28th. It will include sides and a drink for $7.00. We are going to try to break for lunch sometime around 1:30. Thanks for your help in supporting the club.

Double check your class entries everyone.

dirtysouth31
08-22-2010, 02:55 PM
no navy jc's cooking this year??always had good burgers and hot dogs..now i gotta worry about somebody using 60% nitro to cook burgers

D&D
08-22-2010, 05:07 PM
If you think that's bad, wait until you taste one cooked on a flaming Lypo battery!!!

HOTWATER
08-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Mmmm! Puffed chicken and blackened mystery smoke burgers...my favorite!!! Will they be offering AMP Energy drinks? LOL!

HOTWATER
08-22-2010, 05:24 PM
My gen is a 4400 watt and I don't use it for anything other than a fan. I know Kents power supply died so he won't need it for charging either. I don't think you need to bring your gen Doug. Maybe just a few chords. I may ask Chuck to charge up my deep cycle battery at his house overnight. I don't think the hotel would dig me bringing a battery and charger in the room. LOL

No problem Mike...I will have my computer power supply with me...

With your Generator and deep cycle marine batt., we should be in good shape!!

Whoo Hoo!! Glad you're gonna be there Doug!! Awesome!

-Kent

Doug Smock
08-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Are any of you guys going to be there Friday for open water??
We'd like to get there between 2:30 and 3:00, get set up, and run a few laps.:w00t:

I just got in from the Gas Championship. Worn slap out but still very excited about makin this trip!:thumbup:

Chilli
08-22-2010, 07:20 PM
You know, I was thinking about the lake clean up as I was driving to my nephews B-day party and what kinds of trash there could be at a pond right next to a high school.:eek: I hope latex gloves were provided.

I figure on arriving between 1 and 2 pm on Friday. I'll probably try and do a lap or two on each boat. I also have to get the tunnel dialed in. Friday will be the first time it gets wet.

Weather forecast looks good for now. Sunny and Mid 80's. Every race I have atteneded has either been mid 90's or 50's with rain.

HOTWATER
08-22-2010, 08:09 PM
I hear you Doug...just got home early this morning from a 10 day trip to CA...working out the jet lag now, LOL!

I just booked a room at the Red Roof...I'll be getting there Thurs. afternoon, so friday's open water will be good with me!

Mike, if you could give me any tips on getting down that way without major traffic issues, that would be great! I plan on leaving here around 9:00 am Thurs. No GPS but I will print out directions...

Chilli
08-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Chuck and the Norfolk/VA Beach gang would have a better idea. But you shouldnt have any issues going down on Thursday. Leaving on Sunday will be another story. The CBBT gets backed up north bound on Sundays with vacationers headed home from the beach. Though vacation season is winding down so hopefully it won't be too bad.

HOTWATER
08-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Chuck and the Norfolk/VA Beach gang would have a better idea. But you shouldnt have any issues going down on Thursday. Leaving on Sunday will be another story. The CBBT gets backed up north bound on Sundays with vacationers headed home from the beach. Though vacation season is winding down so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Yeah, I guess that would get backed up on Sundays...I'm hoping the vacation season WILL be winding down by then. The drive looks pretty straightforward (just checked out the map/ directions).

I will be bringing the canopy again, also some gas for the generator.

Doug Smock
08-22-2010, 09:07 PM
Red Roof huh? Shoot we're gonna be neighbors. LOL
I think we'll probably wait and head for home early Mon. morning. I guess it depends on how hard you guys are on us.:laugh:

Diegoboy
08-22-2010, 09:24 PM
I thought it was this Saturday, It looks like I will enter the Viper in "novice" with Jason.
Anyone know where the forms can be had? If it's not too late

I'm off Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. Thursday will be my "dial in" day at lake FEAR.

Chilli
08-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Danny, Novice class is open to just about any type boat/motor/controller/battery. Only rule is no riggers so your good to go. The entry form is located on post 1 of this thread. Entry deadline is Tuesday. Dick Loeb's phone and address is on the form. Give him a call and I'm sure he'll hook you up. Hope to see you this weekend.

Mike

Diegoboy
08-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Got it.
Thanks! I gotta get cooking on my promise to you.

Don't worry Jason. I'll put in my one contact in my right eye to help with depth perception. (we hope)

HOTWATER
08-22-2010, 10:04 PM
Red Roof huh? Shoot we're gonna be neighbors. LOL
I think we'll probably wait and head for home early Mon. morning. I guess it depends on how hard you guys are on us.:laugh:

Nice! Are you guys coming up on Thurs. or Friday?

HOTWATER
08-22-2010, 10:07 PM
I thought it was this Saturday, It looks like I will enter the Viper in "novice" with Jason.
Anyone know where the forms can be had? If it's not too late

I'm off Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. Thursday will be my "dial in" day at lake FEAR.

Way to go Danny!! It's gonna be a great weekend! Glad you're gonna make it!

Doug Smock
08-22-2010, 10:38 PM
Nice! Are you guys coming up on Thurs. or Friday?

The plan is to be rolling Fri. morning at 6.

D.

HOTWATER
08-22-2010, 10:54 PM
...Gotcha :wink:

HOTWATER
08-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Mike, looks like there are 5 FE entries in B-Hydro...will we get a seperate class now? I think I know the answer...just curious...

BTW, your tunnel looks excellent!

Chilli
08-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Thanks Bro, We'll see if that thing can run.

There are two possible problems with running separate FE classes. First, I'm leading the points race in B/P-spec hydro. I didnt think the FE's were supposed to be included in the points chase this year but I'm on the leader board on the D12 site. So I'm just going to keep quiet and leave it up to the D12 gurus to decide. I wouldnt mind seeing a separate P-mono class because we have to tune down to keep competetive with the nitro guys. This way we would be able to run hard and show eveyone what we've got. The only problem with this is Dick would have to order more awards which costs the host club more money. Plus, I don't even know if there is enough time for them to get the order in to the shop that does the awards. Dick left a few phone messages while I was on vacation. I just tried to call him and will try again later this evening.

HOTWATER
08-23-2010, 07:04 PM
Good points made Mike. So here's another question...How does the B-Hydro class work now with 10 or so boats? Just toss them all in and see what happens? I'm good with that and all but is there going to be two rounds of 4 heats (8 in all) for that class to spread things out?

Doug Smock
08-23-2010, 07:12 PM
Most clubs run a max of eight boats in a heat. I imagine Dick will run the heats however the race program spits them out. :thumbup1:

HOTWATER
08-23-2010, 07:18 PM
That's it!!! I'm adding 16 penny nails and saw blades to mine with a covering that golf balls are made from!!! LOL!!! Do you think adding pencil torches to my sponsons will be legal in that class?

Chilli
08-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Just got off the phone with Dick. He said he's going to get brain cancer from being on the cordless phone with me, Doug and Danny this evening. LOL

Dick said he wants to stick with the program and run us combined. Like Doug said, we'll split the heats into two rounds. I wont update the entry list till the final one is out. But I see Kentley Porter has signed up for a few B classes and I'm going to make sure Dick pairs Doug and KP up in as many heats as possible. :biggrin:

There is also another person who signed up for novice class whose name sound familiar.
Welcome to the dark side Danny!!!:spy:

HOTWATER
08-23-2010, 08:09 PM
LMAO right now Mike!!..............This is gonna be a sight for sore eyes this weekend! I'm very scared to be a part of it!! LOL!!

Doug Smock
08-23-2010, 08:37 PM
LOL Anybody that has ever talked to Dick knows he don't mind talkin. LOL
I'm looking forward to meeting him, like you guys he is an asset to the FE community!
I ain't skeered of Kentley. I've been beat by some of the best IC guys out there. I'll just add his name to that list.:biggrin: No shame in my game.:lol::lol:

Danny glad you're coming!!!!:w00t:

This is going to be a great time!!!!!!:thumbup1:

HOTWATER
08-23-2010, 09:06 PM
"I've been beat by some of the best IC guys out there. I'll just add his name to that list. No shame in my game."

:rofl::rofl::rofl:..................:beerchug:

Doug Smock
08-24-2010, 09:19 AM
Nice new avitar Mike LMAO
Dick called this morning but I'll wait for Mike L. to make it official on this thread.
Just wanted to say. Let's keep it real and keep the smoke in. The boys will be watching us.

Chili what ESC are you running in your Titan, I may to bring ya a prop to try.
Note: If you win it's a $50.00 prop.:lol:

Doug:banana:

Chilli
08-24-2010, 09:52 AM
I stole that pic from another board. Been waiting for an excuse to use it and figure I'd put it up before the race. I just got the call myself. I'm using a Turnigy 180 in the Titan for now but I have a CC 240 all wired up and ready to throw in the boat if needed. Timing is set at 12 degrees. I have come to hate borrowing props. Robbin and Dick have been nice enough to offer props this past year. I lost one to the pond gods and dinged the other. Mike Hasnt posted on this thread for a while and I want to get the word out as soon as possible. So here it is.

Dick decided last night to let the P-mono guys race in their own separate class. That means no proping down to keep parity with the B-mono's. Bring your big props and a extra fire extinguisher. :rockon2:

cybercrxt
08-24-2010, 11:41 AM
Chili got to it before me. We will be running P-mono as the first IMPBA all FE race EVER RUN!!!!! Better bring you A Game guys. Maybe I need to throw in a 1527 Neu for this race now! What you guys think??? Will 65mph be enough to win it??? Mike Luszcz

cybercrxt
08-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Yeah, I would post more but the dag on 1/8th scale framing kits have kept me busy for the last 2 months!!!

Chilli
08-24-2010, 12:10 PM
I know you've been busy with your 1/8th scale kits Mike . I have the week off with nothing planned. I was going to just go into work and save my leave but I'm having a hard time getting motivated, especially with the race coming up this weekend.

For P-mono on 4S power, the two most popular motors choices seem to be the 1515 1Y and the 1521 1.5D. The 1521 is probably all the power you'll ever need in a "P". Fast is good, but you double your chances of making it to the podium if you can finish all your heats. I would guess mid-upper 50's with a boat that stays right side up and good driving should be more than enough to win. I run the 1515 1Y and I'm pretty sure Chuck and Doug does too. I have a feeling open water is going to be very busy on Friday.

Doug Smock
08-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Chili got to it before me. We will be running P-mono as the first IMPBA D 12 all FE race EVER RUN!!!!! Better bring you A Game guys. Maybe I need to throw in a 1527 Neu for this race now! What you guys think??? Will 65mph be enough to win it??? Mike Luszcz
Hey Mike,
Hope you don't mind my edit.
You can run the 27 1D but you'd better have a good control in the boat. lol
Lets concentrate on some good fast P-Monos that stay right side up.

I'm not into "SEFT" (sacrifice equipment for trophys) racing, so there's no worries there. Lets get through this race without any equipment failures. Remember we're trying to promote these things.:lol:
I'm really looking forward to meeting you fellas!!

Is it Friday yet???
PS Paul and I are both running 1515 1Ys on 4s 2p 5500 Hyperion 35C cells with a %$$%$ Prop.lol

Doug Smock
08-24-2010, 01:02 PM
And remember........................:laugh:

Chilli
08-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Do you guys use 6 buoys or 10 in D13 Doug?

I'll be using my 40C Turnigy's in the P-mono. In my JAE, they do great the first lap or two but seem to loose a little steam toward the tail end of the heat . I havent had the need to play with props on the mono too much because of the parity rule with the nitro's. I'll be running my Egneg special 642 unless Doug twists my arm.

I have a pair of Hyperion 45C Nano's to use in the tunnel and hydro. Can't wait to see how they perform.

BTW- I remember Dick mentioning the Shootout would only be 5 Laps.

Doug Smock
08-24-2010, 04:00 PM
We have a 10 buoy course in Atlanta and Charleston, SOWEGA has a 6 buoy 1/8th mile course.

egneg
08-24-2010, 05:12 PM
I better rethink my prop for P-mono if I don't want to be sucking up prop wash! What about the B/P-spec hydro, are they splitting up the heats?

Edit: I have made some prop changes and will test this week. See you guys Friday afternoon.

Chilli
08-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Poor Kent will be the Rooster catcher running my sons 29 Titan w/ 10XL & M545. But who cares as long as everyone has a good time.

P-Mono will be the only separate class.

Doug Smock
08-24-2010, 07:18 PM
:thumbup:
Poor Kent will be the Rooster catcher running my sons 29 Titan w/ 10XL & M545. But who cares as long as everyone has a good time.
:thumbup:

Chilli
08-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Here is the final list of entries. I counted over 160. Twenty seven of which are electrics!!! The FE tally includes 3 running novice, 6 in P-Mono, 4 in Spec Tunnel, 5 in Spec Hydro and 9 entered in the shootout. We also have four new IMPBA members running thier first district race. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: You guys ROCK!

Registration starts on Friday, August 27th between 11:00am and 5:00pm. For those of you who will not be arriving until Saturday, registration will be from 7:00 to 7:30am. Saturday's drivers meeting will start at 7:30 and racing will start at 8:00. There are alot of rounds to get through so please be on time. We will try to break for lunch sometime around 1:00. The Club will be offering barbeque with sides and a drink for $7.00. Weather looks like some best we've had in months. Sunny and low 80's all weekend.

NOVICE
Carol Loeb
Manie Stadler
Debbie Farrow
John Chirillo
Devan Frye
Andy Grabowski
Jason Boushard
Danny Schumbrecht

B MONO
Dick Loeb
James Beasley
Buddy Lowe
Dick Tyndall

P-Mono
Mike Chirillo
Mike Luszcz
Chuck Genge
Kent Seal
Doug Smock
Paul Rollins

B SPORT 21 TUNNEL
James Beasley
Dick Loeb
Robin Stebbins
Chris Wittrig
Rick Glover
Andy Grabowski
Travis Stebbins
Kentley Porter

B/P-SPEC TUNNEL
Mike Luszcz
Dick Loeb
James Beasley
Buddy Lowe
Mike Chirillo
Robin Stebbins
Rick Glover
Doug Smock
Paul Rollins
Travis Stebbins
Kentley Porter

STOCK GAS
Mike Chirillo
Jim Skelton
Herb Brakebill
Blaise Recca
John Bonanno
Tommy Crandall
Jack Smith
Stephen Sutton
Jim Squires
Steve Speas
Barry Riddle
JR Ward
Ray Hotchkin
Jonathan Roberts

.18 RTR
Carol Loeb
Manie Stadler
Debbie Farrow
Kevin Havens
Andy Grabowski

LSG THUNDERBOAT
Jim Skelton
John Crouch
Herb Brakebill
Buddy Lowe
Ray Hotchkin

LSG OUTRIGGER
Blaise Recca
Anthony Black
Alex Black
Joshua Black
Buddy Lowe
John Finch

LSG SPORT HYDRO
John Crouch
Blaise Recca
James Beasley
John Bonanno
Tommy Crandall
Jack Smith
Anthony Black
Alex Black
Joshua Black
Ray Hotchkin

LSG CAT
Herb Brakebill
Blaise Recca
Tommy Crandall
Giovanni Tonti
Joshua Black
JR Ward
Ray Hotchkin
Jonathan Roberts
Doug Smock
Ivan Place

LSG MONO
Stephen Sutton
John Crouch
Kevin Havens
JR Ward
Ray Hotchkin
Doug Smock
Ivan Place

SPORT 40 HYDRO
Buddy Lowe
James Beasley
Dick Tyndall
Tim Jones
Ray Sametz

John Finch
Tim Jones
Jim Squires
Chris Wittrig

OPEN OFFSHORE
John Crouch
Jack Smith
Giovanni Tonti
Kevin Havens
Joshua Black
JR Ward
Jonathan Roberts
Ivan Place

180 ELEC SHOOTOUT
Dick Loeb
Mike Chirillo
John Chirillo
Mike Luszcz
Chuck Genge
Kent Seal
Chris Wittrig
Doug Smock
Paul Rollins

JERSEY SKIFF
John Finch
John Crouch
Barry Riddle

OPEN CAT
John Crouch
Tommy Crandall
Giovanni Tonti
Steve Speas
Alex Black
JR Ward
Jonathan Roberts
Ray Hotchkin
Ivan Place

20 B/P-SPEC HYDRO
Mike Chirillo
Tim Jones
Robin Stebbins
Chuck Genge
Kent Seal
Bill Benns
Jim Benns
Chris Wittrig
Doug Smock
Paul Rollins
Travis Stebbins
Kentley Porter

1/8 SCALE
Dick Loeb
Don Ferrette
John Finch

D TUNNEL
Dick Loeb
James Beasley
Buddy Lowe
Rick Glover

D HYDRO
Don Ferrette
Joshua Black
Ray Sametz
Rick Glover

E HYDRO
Anthony Black
Alex Black
Joshua Black
Rick Glover

F HYDRO
Don Ferrette
Ray Sametz
Chris Wittrig

If anyone has questions about whats going to happen on race day or questions about the rules, ask away!

Drive Safe People. See you Friday

Doug Smock
08-24-2010, 08:06 PM
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!
BTW Mike I have a spare 1515 1Y if you want to kick that 29 in the pants. How much lead do you have.:w00t:
I think I have a old 9xl we can run it it also.
LMK
D.

hazegry
08-24-2010, 08:14 PM
even though I am running novice can I run in the shootout? got to get a new prop done up and tune the boat but this is where I am at with the mono.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKMZrV8q6v0

HOTWATER
08-24-2010, 08:28 PM
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!
BTW Mike I have a spare 1515 1Y if you want to kick that 29 in the pants. How much lead do you have.:w00t:
I think I have a old 9xl we can run it it also.
LMK
D.

Yes...the 1515 1y!!:w00t: I can bring some lead!!:rockon2: How many LBS. will we need? LOL!!

:bounce:What do you think Mike?:Praying: ...don't let that bad old rooster get me... :biggrin:

Chilli
08-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Doug is the Titan 29 guru... though every picture I ever saw of his old boat showed a 30 degree angle of attack and the only part of the boat touching the water was bottom inch of the rudder. :roflol: Seriously, no dig on Doug. It's a very lively hull with alot of lift and it wasnt designed for the speeds we're seeing today.

You guys do what you want to her. Change the motor, add lead. I have a Etti 150 with a cap board and 5.5 female bullets on the controller's motor leads. Vac-U boat motor mount and no lead. The Etti can handle the 1515 1y as long as you don't go overboard on the prop. The coupler to stuffing tube clearance is pretty tight. I dont think the Neu will fit unless the shaft has been cut down or maybe if we slide the mount fore.

Jason, Give Dick a call but do it early tomorrow. They are doing the heat sheets tomorrow and once they are done, it's a PITA to make changes. My son is running novice and the shootout so it shouldnt be a problem. You are going to have to get that boat to settle down or it won't last a six lap heat. All that hopping puts alot of stress on the controller and if she is that squirrelly in flat water, there is no way she'll stay right side up in race water. Can you make open water on Friday?

Guys, Like Doug said earlier. Let's not worry about being the fastest boat out there. The majority of the the guys racing already know we are faster than comparable nitro boats. What would realy impress the IC guys is to run a six boat heat with no dead boats. If we want to attract new FE'er, we need to show them good racing with safe, reliable boats. People are going to be watching us. Lets save the smoke for the barbeque at lunch!!!!

Doug Smock
08-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Let's not worry about being the fastest boat out there. The majority of the the guys racing already know we are faster than comparable nitro boats. What would realy impress the IC guys is to run a six boat heat with no dead boats. If we want to attract new FE'er, we need to show them good racing with safe, reliable boats. People are going to be watching us. Lets save the smoke for the barbeque at lunch!!!!

Well said sir.

Kent, bring some lead, and some extra underwear.:lol:
The motor has connectors and a water jacket on it.
If we don't have a prop she'll be happy with we'll make one.:thumbup:

Doug

prollins
08-25-2010, 07:53 AM
Doug

Finally got the travelling fleet reconnected, tightened up, cleaned up and ready to go. Oops spoke to soon. Somewhere along the way the floatation in my tunnel cowling disappeared. I will fix that asap so that my tunnel does not follow Wil's rigger down to Davey Jones Locker. Looks to be exciting running with the Nitros. It is awesome to see more and more electrics coming on strong. Maybe a chance to have an all FE event down our way in the future. See you prior to 6 AM Friday morning.

Paul

Doug Smock
08-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Cool! Looking forward to it Paul!!
I've gone over the mono, rigger and OB. Tonite it's gas boat, and spare prop time. Tomorrow nite, charging and loading up. I'll see ya early Fri. morning!!

Whoo Hooo!!
Doug

cybercrxt
08-25-2010, 09:49 AM
This is going to be an awesome race. I am pretty excited about the mono's running as FE only. I just wish I had my mono more than a week! It was kind of last minute, so I don't think the top speeds will be high enough, but its gonna be fun. Now, the 180a shootout, I am ready for that one! haha, Mike

cybercrxt
08-25-2010, 04:09 PM
ALSO, Be sure you guys bring some cash. There will be TONS of raffled off items, good stuff too! I will be raffling one of my 1/8th or 1/10th scale framing kits of the winners choice as well. Just got the winners "plaque" ready actually.

Chilli
08-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Paul: Thanks for coming up. I appreciate the time and effort!!!

Chesapeake Gang: Is it easy to figure out how to get to the race site once your at the school?? I was looking at the satellite view of the pond. Are you guys on the SW corner?

cybercrxt
08-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Yep, once you get on that road in front of the school, there should be a sign out front directing you where to go! Mike

Diegoboy
08-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Does anyone know what the race schedule will be? Approxomately what time each class should run?

Thanks

Chilli
08-26-2010, 06:06 PM
The is no race schedual Danny. When you register (check in) either Friday afternoon or Satuday morning, you will be given a heat sheet. This will tell you what heat "numbers" you will be racing in. If novice class is running heat #1. You'll be running the first heat at 8AM. We will be running four heats per class for the weekend and ususally get through about two and a half rounds on Saturdays finishing up late afternoon. We usually try to wrap things up early aftenoon on Sunday so out of towners can get home at a reasonable hour. Running only one class will give you around 3 hours between heats. So you'll have plenty of time change underwear:laugh:, charge batteries, tweak your boat and make some new friends.

Make sure you bring your IMPBA card to registration guys.

Drivers meeting is at 7:30 AM on Saturday.

dirtysouth31
08-26-2010, 06:35 PM
in other words danny dont be typical.... show up for drivers meeting :laugh:

Chilli
08-26-2010, 06:41 PM
I'll be knocking on his door at 7 AM. :laugh:

dirtysouth31
08-26-2010, 07:26 PM
I'll be knocking on his door at 7 AM. :laugh:

better make it 6am :spy: and on a side note start charging batteries right nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww diego:bounce:

Doug Smock
08-26-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm loaded & ready to ride.
Paul and I will be N. bound at 6am.
See you fellas at the pond some time around 2 ish hopefully.

Doug

Diegoboy
08-26-2010, 09:55 PM
IMPBA Card in wallet
Contact for right eye ready to go
Batts Charged
Bolts triple checked for tightening,
batts replaced in TX
RX conformal coated and dialed to CH 70
Field kit loaded and ready
Prop box in field kit
Hatch tape in field kit
Spare RX's in field kit
Steering servo tested for direction
Throttle calibrated to TX
Alarm set for 5AM

Maiden test run Tomorrow after work (too dark today for trials)

Setup:
H&M Viper Turbine Hydro 24.5"
Neu 1512/2D 2600kv
Turnigy 120A (Thank you Chuck!)
Octura V940 /3
Solinger hydro HW on .150 flex
JR hi torque servo
2x Turnigy 2S 5000mAh 40C
Thrust bearing
Float foam in sponsons & transom.

Class: Novice

Am I missing anything?

Chilli
08-26-2010, 10:25 PM
Looks like your all set. Being a new boat, prop conservatively for your first heat unless you know the boat can run hard for three minutes. Most novice boats are nitro Miss Vegas RTR's and last year I lapped them every heat with my Titan 33. Now my sons Mean Machine is usually one of the fastest boats out there and it only does low 40's.

Set realistic goals for yourself and don't be afraid to ask questons. I had two goals my first race. Don't take anyone out and finish the heats. Spend your first few heats learning how to do a good start, running the buoys and how to hold your lane. If someone is going to pass you, don't worry about them, just drive your boat, hold your lane and let them drive around you. Do not slow down suddenly or they will either run up your behind or wipe out trying to avoid you. Stay out of people's roostertails and don't cut people off so they end up in yours. Thats a easy way to flip a boat. If you screw up, don't sweat it. It's novice class.

People might tease us. Especially when P-mono or the shootout is on the clock and you can hear crickets chirping. 99% of it is good natured ribbing. So laugh it off.

Enough banter. Time to put my game face on. :w00t: I like the crazy game face, people give you allot of room if they think your crazy!!!

See you guys tommorrow. Drive Safe

hazegry
08-27-2010, 05:48 AM
dont forget to drill speed holes in you boat Danny. I think hydros run better with an anchor attached :D on a side note 5am on a sat ugh I must really want to race to get up early on a saturday lol cant wait to see you guys there

Chilli
08-27-2010, 08:20 AM
Leaving in a few minutes guys. I emailed Dick and first novice heat is 22 so you'll have pleny of time after the drivers meeting. Heck you can take a nap.

Meniscus
08-27-2010, 10:11 AM
I'm hoping the Field Kit includes the battery charger, balancer, DC cord, and AC power supply.

I'm anticipating coming out Saturday late morning/afternoon and maybe Sunday morning. I wish everyone that is racing the best of luck and I applaud your efforts. If there's any last minute items that someone needs, give me a call. I have the following items I could bring with me if needed: generator (tailored), deep cycle batteries, extra boats, props, couplers, drivelines, batteries, ice, fan, etc. Just give me a call.

On another note, I received a call from a friend of a friend of a friend. He's interested in FE boats and runs both nitro and electric trucks. His name is Ryan and knows very little about boats. Watch out for him and please present him with the normal cordial attitude.

Diegoboy
08-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Joined ODMBA, and checked-in for the novice class!

Diegoboy
08-27-2010, 07:52 PM
Chuck, I owe you a turnigy 120A. The viper gps'ed @ 58.2 MPH then let out the magic smoke.
She will attend the race tomorrow, but she will just have to watch... :mad:

Jason's mono had troubles too, but not catastrophic. I'll let him elaborate when he logs in.

dirtysouth31
08-27-2010, 08:00 PM
so now your'e not racing? :doh:

Diegoboy
08-27-2010, 08:08 PM
Unless a Turnigy 180A or equal comes into my hands by morning...
I will be there, I will attend the meeting, The boat will show, but she csan't hit the water.

dirtysouth31
08-27-2010, 08:14 PM
:flammes-09:

dirtysouth31
08-27-2010, 08:17 PM
somebody im sure has one u can borrow..

Diegoboy
08-27-2010, 08:31 PM
That would be Sweet!

HOTWATER
08-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Well, I ran Mike's P-mono today with Doug Smock's 1515 1y and prop and mystery smoked the Etti 150 and receiver pack....Doh!!!

We stripped everything out and Mike put his Castle 240 in it but we can't seem to get it to arm...it was getting late so we packed up for the day. Hopefully tomorrow we can get it armed (or maybe somebody will know what we are doing wrong)...

See you guys in the morning...

hazegry
08-27-2010, 09:21 PM
yeah my boat has torque roll like a mofo but we got it running ok with a cupped h4 abc prop. I hope danny gets to run that would be sweet.

dirtysouth31
08-28-2010, 03:45 PM
today was like :popcorn2:

Diegoboy
08-28-2010, 07:48 PM
The Viper scratched on the first heat (no esc)
Thanks to Meniscus (for the Turnigy 180A)
Thanks to D Smock (for the prop recommendations)
The Viper ran in the second heat, but failed to start as she (I) hit bouy #2
Fixed the steering issues and took her to lake FEAR where she ran MUCH Better.
The prop (Y536) cavitates on start, but runs very well, so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

hazegry
08-28-2010, 09:05 PM
I dont even want too talk about it:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:
I did meet some nice people saw some great boats and had fun watching the races. I dont think I will ever rush to get a boat ready for the races again though

Chilli
08-28-2010, 11:10 PM
I dont think I will ever rush to get a boat ready for the races again though

I learned my lesson also. I spent all day Friday getting stressed out trying to dial in (and learning to drive) my tunnel boat. Instead, I should of taken a few laps with my other boats. making sure they are running the way they should be.

Lots of carange today..... and I had more than my share. My Titan 33 tripped on a wake in a turn and rolled over. It split a deck seam and took on allot of water. I took great care to make sure my reciever was nice and dry but neglected my controller. I plugged everything in for the next heat and all seemed will. I took it to the pit area and all of a sudden the motor started acting funny. Next thing you know. :flashfire: Right in front of everyone. Who was the idiot that said no smoke this weekend?:olleyes: I think a pic is going to be posted in IW as Ivan took a closeup as I popped the lid.:doh: Also my JAE got some minor damage but is running and will be easily repaired. I stuffed the Sniper in heat two and the fuel line tore out of my IV gas bag. I'm glad I asked Kent to bring the one he won in a raffle a few months ago back. The only boat that did not sustain damage today was the tunnel boat and I'm just trying to stay out of everyone's way since I'm having handling issues.

Two other things I saw today was...what looked to be a gas hygro that got cut in half. I don't know if actually was but it sure looked like it sitting in the water. Also Dicks, wife showed me the cowling on her Miss Vegas. There was a rudder from another boat imbedded in it. That was a first for me. I don't know if she returned it. :biggrin:

And how about Doug and Paul making D13 proud!!! I think I'm going to refer to Doug as "the professor" from now on because he is taking us all to school (and not just the electric guys). I'm really glad Paul and Doug came up because it's made me realize how much I have to step up my game.

Tough day for allot of us today on the race course. But I learned allot and got to meet about a half dozen of you so that alone made the trip worth while. Hopefully tomorrow will bring better results.:smile:

hazegry
08-28-2010, 11:26 PM
yeah thanks Chili for the sandpaper, Chuck for the prop, Hotwater for pitting for me and Danny for putting up with all my ranting for the last few weeks. Oh and Mike for having me wanting a 1/8 scale hydro now lol

Diegoboy
08-29-2010, 06:01 PM
Ran the 3rd heat. 1 warm up lap, then 1 and a half laps to a spin out. I was able to continue but the corner judge called me "dead boat" so I drove into the center and waited for the racxe to complete.
Funny thing is I saw many a gas & nitro boat do the same thing and were able to continue.

dirtysouth31
08-29-2010, 06:15 PM
its a conspiracy danny

Diegoboy
08-29-2010, 08:43 PM
I knew it.
seriously though, it was FUN!

dirtysouth31
08-29-2010, 08:54 PM
wtf happened to hotwater???

Diegoboy
08-29-2010, 08:57 PM
I dont know. If I had to guess, I'd say the carnage he was involved in took its toll on his fleet and his conscience. He should know that it's all good! We missed him on Sunday that's for sure.

HOTWATER
08-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Hey Danny! You are basically correct about me not being there on Sunday (today), but the main reason was that they had run three out of the four heats in my class on Saturday so there was only one heat left to run in that class on Sunday (and my sponson still needed work to be able to run) and I had nothing to run in P-mono and I didn't want to wait all day just to run the shootout. I had a 4 1/2 hour drive ahead of me and I had to get a bunch of ladders back on my truck and all of my painting equiptment back in order for Monday, so I decided it was a good time for me to cash out.

I'm glad you and Jason decided to run in the race...very cool of you guys! It was really great getting to finally meet you guys as well as Chuck, Don, Ben, Mike L., Doug S., Paul and the list goes on... Even though I had scratched out on most of the heats on Saturday, it was still a good day just hanging out and pitting for whoever needed me to do it. There will be better races ahead for me. Any luck I had was bad (it seemed)...no biggie! I just try to make the best of things...life goes on!

hazegry
08-29-2010, 10:02 PM
yup it was fun got some ideas for my mono hoping it will be back and I can get it dialed in to run in P-mono eventualy. Someone gave me a rigged insanity while I was there Thanks Danny! we are going to build them for P speck hydro (Danny has one already). We did miss you Hotwater but I understand about work I am going to be dragging tomorrow but it was worth it. I think Danny should have been allowed to keep going. we are going to have to see if we can change the rules a bit or get enough Elec guys running we run our own class. I am seriously thinking about building a thunderbolt hydro from aeromarine to run with the 1/8 scale cats next year.

don ferrette
08-30-2010, 08:28 AM
I just wanted to thank you all who came out to the ODMBA race so others could see what FE boats are about. Was fun to watch and hopefully we can continue to grow things. The only difficulty I see is where we will make more room as we are running soooo many classes but I will do what I can to try to somehow make more space. I've been a long time nitro guy and mixed gas in there off and on but the FE bug has bitten me bad and a few on here already know I'm going to be putting together a couple FE's very soon, one for sure before the season is up. :thumbup:

Thanks again guys, looking forward to the next one. :cool2:
Don Ferrette
IMPBA D12 District Director

PS- for those of you who know Doug Smock we coined a new phase this weekend for trash talkin'- SmockSmack! :roflol:

Chilli
08-30-2010, 09:22 AM
Don, Thanks for taking the time to post on this board. None of this would of happened without your support. I can't wait to see what you put together for next year.

Doug and Paul, Thanks again for coming. I'm sorry most of us couldnt bring our "A" game this weekend. Our lack of experience showed. But you set the bar for us and I expect a rapid improvement from the D12 gang. I'm very interested in your opionion on how the combined class racing is working out. I know many had their doubts it could work. With multiple entries FE entries in B-hydro and B-tunnel for the first time, I thought things went very well. I understand there was some minor grumbling. But with a crowd that size and many faces we havent seen at allot at district races, I guess it was to be expected. One thing is for sure. We could not have done a better job getting the word out on the new FE rules.

Thanks to all the new guys that joined IMPBA and their local clubs this year. Now that you've seen a district race, I hope you've gotten the bug. All the helping, borrowing and giving that you participated in this weekend is what RC boaters do. If you decide this is not your cup of tea, I appreciate the time and expense you took to give it a shot. We couldn't ask anything more of you. Danny, sorry you got called out on dead boat rule. It's a judgement call and something we put in the rules to even the playing field with the nitro guys. CD's have a tendancy to let things slide in novice more often than not, but you took it like a gentleman and I appreciate that. Even though I would have liked to see you get some more laps in, at least I know people in the district are getting more familiar with the districts FE rules and thats a good thing.

Last race of the D12 Season is in Hagerstown, MD on September 24-26.

I have to figure out what I'm going to do with the Titan 33 now. Either fix it up or give it the Italian version of a Viking funeral (cement shoes).

Thanks again everyone!!!

cybercrxt
08-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Dang it, I just wrote a huge reply and the computer lost it all...so this is now just a summary..... thanks to everyone, and thanks to Don F. and Doug S.for being there and proving they should be who they are in their districts. It was a pleasure meeting you two. Doug for his obvious top of the game FE knowledge, Don for his incredible knowledge of my new love, 1/8th scale hydros.

Doug tell Paul R. it was a pleasure meeting him as well.

Kent, thanks a bunch for your pit work, it was much appreciated.

Jason, Chuck, Chilli, it was cool meeting/ seeing you guys out there. Chilli, don't worry about your driving, it will only improve with that tunnel!

Had a blast guys! Mike Luszcz

Diegoboy
08-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Nice meeting you too Mike!

Danny

Chilli
08-30-2010, 12:15 PM
I never did get a chance to thank you Mike for the time you you took to help me with the tunnel set up and your words of encouragement. The first time I ran it, the boat and myself were out of both control. After a few tips from you, Dick and Doug, by the end of the weekend I felt confident enough to run it in traffic without worrying about taking anyone out. Unfortunately I blew over on the back stretch in the final heat. But I still had a smile on my face. Now that the set up is close, I can start learning how to drive her.

Dennis Hayden, who came up from NC, It was nice meeting you and your wife. It's nice being able to put a face on all the avatars now.

egneg
08-30-2010, 05:23 PM
I had a blast this past weekend :thumbup: and enjoyed talking and learning from other FE racers. I thank Mike C, Kent, Mike L, Doug, and Paul for traveling to the event and Danny and Jason for joining in and getting their feet wet. We made history with this race and I thank the gas, nitro guys for acknowledging the fact.

Until next time ... :hug1:

Chuck

Doug Smock
08-30-2010, 06:06 PM
WOW What a weekend, Paul and I had a blast!!!!
Many thanks to Dick, Carol, James and the whole ODMBC for putting on a great race and making us feel at home. Too cool guys!!
Don Ferrette, and the D-12 IC members. Thanks for giving the FE guys a shot at this.
Chilli, just a couple of growing pains that we took care of in short order. No worries mate, you fellas keep up the good work. :cool:

Mike, Mike L, Kent, Chuck, and Danny, It was a pleasure to meet and hang out with you guys. Don, Jason, Ben, sorry I missed you guys. Ben I enjoyed our phone conversations, thanks for calling back this morning.

Thanks again guys, we'll be back next year!!:thumbup:

PS I'm whipped!!:laugh:

D&D
08-30-2010, 06:41 PM
I was standing with Don Ferrette and John Finch when the first all electric heat in IMPBA history ran. John said "there is the future of RC boat racing" but, there are just too quite - maybe we could somehow attach baseball player cards on them like we used to do our bicycles! :laugh:

It was nice meeting Mike and his wife, Don Smock, and a lot of old friends I used to race with.

Doug Smock
08-30-2010, 09:14 PM
Hey Dennis,
It was nice to meet you at the race.
Dick was a bit confused about the "first all electric heat in IMPBA history". I'm not sure when the first one was but it was many years ago.
The P-Mono heats were the first FE only heats in D-12 history. I'm really glad Paul and I were there to be a part of that!
It's no big deal really, just thought I'd set the record straight.
Good luck with your cat, you'll meet your goal!
Take care,
Doug

D&D
08-31-2010, 08:26 AM
Doug,

I was really surprised by the "fist all electric" statement myself. However, I know that monos are alwasy in John's heart as he and Steve Speaves designed and built the Twin Hull mono for years.

Again it was really nice talking to you and your boats looked great.

cybercrxt
08-31-2010, 08:43 AM
Doug Smock,

Glad you guys made it back safe! Hope to race with you and Paul again really soon. You guys are benchmark drivers, not to mention great people! Hope to hear some more SmockSmack soon! hahahahahaha Mike

cybercrxt
08-31-2010, 08:45 AM
duplicate

Chilli
08-31-2010, 11:51 AM
I know many of us did not do nearly as well as we wanted to this past weekend. I emailed Doug last night and told thim that I wanted to replace the whoopa$$ avatar with a horsed a$$. Despite my personal disappointment, I just want to say how proud I am of all the FE racers for the effort they put in!!! I also would like to thank those who could not participate, but came out to support us. I monitor most of the R/C boating boards and we made a great impression. Don FErrette who is our district director and IMPBA Gas director posted on our board before any of the others. I would say 90% of the posts on the nitro and gas board OD race threads mentioned how impressed they were with how the FE's ran. Don supported us from the start. Dick Loeb the Chesapeake Club President gave us a venue to showcase the FE's. And Doug (IMPBA records director) and Paul coming up from D13 gave us a little star appeal. Personal disappointment aside, the weekend was a tremendous sucess. And everyone deserves a pat on the back.

Here are the results for the classes that guys from this board entered in. Congrats to Mike and Chuck for thier first district podium appearance!!!!

b&p-spec hydro
1st - kentley porter
2nd - doug smock
3rd - chris wittrig

b&p-spec tunnel
1st - doug smock
2nd - paul rollins
3rd - dick loeb

lsg cat
1st - doug smock
2nd - j.r. Ward
3rd - josh black

lsg mono
1st - ivan place
2nd - doug smock
3rd - ray hotchkin

novice
1st - debbie farrow
2nd - devon frye
3rd - manie stadler

p spec mono
1st - doug smock
2nd - paul rollins
3rd - chuck genge

stock gas
1st - steve sutton
2nd - steve speas
3rd - ray hotchkin

180 shootout
1st - doug smock
2nd - paul rollins
3rd - mike luszcz

One last pic of Doug leaving with all the hardware he picked up at the race.

Doug Smock
08-31-2010, 04:43 PM
Thanks guys, It was well worth the 1100 miles and the costs involved to meet you guys and the D12 gang. Racing is racing but I am just as drawn to the people that make this hobby what it is. You guys are the best!
I am a bit jealous, you guys have some REAL power houses in your district. Mr. Finch, Porter, Ferrette, Sutton, Speas, and the list goes on.

The P-Limited boats were a good match for the average 20 boat, but they were no match for Kentley's boats or the boats that came out of the Seismic Racing trailer. Man those guys have those 20s screaming:buttrock:. I forgot how many times Kentley lapped me with his hydro. I just went wide and said" Go Kentley" LOL
Don was pitting for Kentley that last heat of B/P-Limited Hydro and I told them I was going to protest that boat because it had a clear advantage. (75+mph)I told them that they were going to have to de-tune it. Don said "He did, he was only running at 1/4 throttle":ohmy::huh::laugh:. I told Don if many more of those show up that the FE guys need to be running full P setups. I think we're safe for now.:smile:

You guys have a good platform to build off of, and alot of support from the powers that be. I think 2011 will another great year for FE in D-12.
Keep up the good work, and thanks again for a great weekend!!
D. :beerchug:

dirtysouth31
08-31-2010, 07:15 PM
there was a race this past weekend?? :doh:

don ferrette
09-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Well we sure got lucky since it looks like 'ol hurricane Earl is gonna light things up a bit around there tomorrow. :eek:

Chilli
09-02-2010, 10:58 AM
I think we had the best weather of the entire summer last weekend. I hope Earl stays offshore. The NWS says it's going to turn to the NE. If it doesnt, it's going to be ugly.

We're three weeks from the Hagerstown race. Hope Tim and Charles get a flyer out soon.

HOTWATER
09-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Hey Don F., good to see you on the OSE boards! Yea...good thing the race was not scheduled for this weekend...LOL! Awesome to hear you are getting something going with FE!!...a rigger no doubt! If it is anything like all of your other big riggers, look out! You build some very nice, scary fast boats!!

Get some Hyperion lipos for sure. Turnigy's are nice and cheap, but in the long run they will be better suited as paperweights IMO...

-Kent

HOTWATER
09-02-2010, 01:10 PM
I think we had the best weather of the entire summer last weekend. I hope Earl stays offshore. The NWS says it's going to turn to the NE. If it doesnt, it's going to be ugly.

We're three weeks from the Hagerstown race. Hope Tim and Charles get a flyer out soon.

I hope it doesn't turn up into the Chesapeake!!!

Doug Smock
09-02-2010, 01:18 PM
The weather was fantastic last weekend, glad Earl took his time in getting there.
You guys stay safe!!:Praying:
I probably won't make the Hagerstown race, hope you understand.:laugh:

Smock

HOTWATER
09-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Hey Doug...thanks again for letting me try out the 1515 1Y....and the flex collet....and the thrust bearing (thanks Paul)...and your prop! LOL!

Glad you guys came! Looks like Mike and I will have to come down to see you next season...i'll make sure we leave the carnage from this past weekend behind...:flame42::flashfire:...:eek:....:nopity:

don ferrette
09-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Hey Don F., good to see you on the OSE boards! Yea...good thing the race was not scheduled for this weekend...LOL! Awesome to hear you are getting something going with FE!!...a rigger no doubt! If it is anything like all of your other big riggers, look out! You build some very nice, scary fast boats!!

Get some Hyperion lipos for sure. Turnigy's are nice and cheap, but in the long run they will be better suited as paperweights IMO...

-Kent
Yup, already started ordering stuff. Those big (going 8S) Hyperion packs ain't cheap but I want the good stuff. :bounce:

HOTWATER
09-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Nice! Going Castle ICE or Swordfish for the ESC? Shultze is very high dollar...

Mike L. says that his ICE (for his 1/8 scaler) stays very cool, even without water cooling

don ferrette
09-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Nice! Going Castle ICE or Swordfish for the ESC? Shultze is very high dollar...

Mike L. says that his ICE (for his 1/8 scaler) stays very cool, even without water cooling
Schulze 40-160's is what I'm planning on

HOTWATER
09-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Wow! You aint foolin' around...

don ferrette
09-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Wow! You aint foolin' around...

Nope, going hard core out of the box. But then would you expect anything less from a guy who runs twins? :buttrock:
One thing that has been consistent with talking to numerous experienced FE racers is that if you can swing the extra then go Shulze for the ESC's. I sold off most of my gas gear to make the good stuff happen. NEU motors are already on the way. :cool:

HOTWATER
09-02-2010, 03:22 PM
OK...now you did it! A build thread is a must...

Doug Smock
09-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Growing FE numbers is a double edged sword. Next year Mr. Ferrette and some of the other experienced IC racers may be schooling us on how to get around the race course.:huh:
It's allready happened here in D13 a couple of times.:laugh::thumbup:

Good luck with your FE projects Don!

prollins
09-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Thanks to all the D12 folks for the great time at Chesapeake this past weekend. It was well worth the long ride up and back. It was obvious after talking to some of the guys that D12 has a wealth of experience and knowledge in this sport that we all hold dear. I had a great time runnin with Nitros even if all I saw were taillights on a few of them. Yes the P Mono was the historic first FE heat in D12, but from talk I heard it definitely is not going to be last. I was really pleased the way my Outboard Tunnel and P Mono did, I'll take those second places any day. Disappointed in my showing in the P Spec Hydro (JAE 21 Rigger), but lets just write that off to operator error. Chilli I hope you got that sponson repaired without to much trouble. And a big Shout Out of thanks to Steve Sutton for pitting for me. A good pitman can make those 6 laps around the course so much easier. Once again a word of thanks to all from D12 for putting on a great race and making Doug and I feel so welcome. Hope to see you guys in some of the events down our way soon. Gas/Nitro/and of course FE.

Chilli
09-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Thanks so much for coming up Paul. Sorry we ended up on opposite ends of the pond. The JAE is fine. I patched the sponson nose two days ago and recieved a new motor in the mail today so I'm ready for the last race of the season. I was planning on building a new set of sponsons over the winter anyway. We all made history this past weekend. First FE's to get lapped by Kentley Porter. LOL Hope to see you next year whether it's in D12 or D13 or both.

Doug Smock
09-03-2010, 02:46 PM
We all made history this past weekend. First FE's to get lapped by Kentley Porter.

:laugh::laugh: No doubt. Well we couldn't have been lapped by a nicer guy. I wish I could have talked him into pitting for me in the heats we had together. The outcome may have been a bit different.:w00t:

HOTWATER
09-06-2010, 09:14 PM
LOL! Doug, you crack me up!!!