PDA

View Full Version : Can OSE get the Aeromarine BJ26 Hardware?

FE_Chris
10-17-2007, 05:43 PM
Hey Steven, I wanted to buy a set of the aeromarine BJ26 hardware and I thaught maybe I could get one from you. I also thaught some other people might want it thats why I posted. Let me know man im ready to buy! :)

SJFE
10-17-2007, 05:49 PM
Is there a problem with the factory setup Chris?

FE_Chris
10-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Well....not really, other than the U-Joint and lack of real hardware. The steerable outdrive is fine for fun running, but I wanna race mine too. The upgraded hardware is supposed to make the boat handle a lot better.

Tunda
10-18-2007, 12:37 AM
get the catset up from ray fuller it works really good...........

Steven Vaccaro
10-18-2007, 05:10 AM
Did you speak to Aero? Did they have it? Just wondering because I have had that on order from Remmi for three weeks and not received it.

FE_Chris
10-18-2007, 05:42 AM
No Steven I did not speak with them....And I figured that if you could get the hardware it would be on the way so thats cool!

Well Steve, just let us know when you get them in. Thanks.

Thanks Tunda, i'll look at rays hardware

hookedup
10-18-2007, 01:49 PM
heres a short vid of tunda's BJ with the catamaran strut setup from Fullers. i have another one a bit longer but cant seem to find it. :cursing:
http://www.rcflix.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=2856&cat=500&ppuser=3194

Spoolin
10-18-2007, 06:35 PM
That's movin!

hkusp45
10-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Tunda,

Take a pic of that hardwhare Id like to see it......

webdr
10-25-2007, 11:43 AM
Just got off the phone w/ Aeromarine. All orders for the BJ conversion kit are on hold due to a bad design in the rudder; turns out the rudder can bind so they are not shipping anymore until they get an updated rudder for it. He said they hope to have it solved by next week at the earliest.

Standing by for my conversion kit!

Tunda
10-25-2007, 11:10 PM
Heres some pic of my blackjack with fullers cat hardware:D
This BJ top speed is 51 mph...........:buttrock:

hookedup
10-26-2007, 02:37 AM
and the thing turns pretty darn good too, for a cat!

FE_Chris
10-26-2007, 08:05 AM
yeah it turns real well! a lot better then mine!

I wonder if its the fins, or the hardware. or both!

SJFE
10-26-2007, 12:10 PM
That is a very nice hardware setup. I had some my self but of course...Sold it before I got to use it.

fshunt4lf
10-26-2007, 06:20 PM
So overall whats the best hardware for the BJ 26 electrice.

Tunda
10-26-2007, 06:37 PM
i tryed all kinds the best to me is the fullers set up..........

webdr
10-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Have you tried the aeromarine setup?

Steven Vaccaro
10-27-2007, 12:29 PM
i tryed all kinds the best to me is the fullers set up..........

Not for long :thumbup1:

webdr
10-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Tell me what you didnt like about it (aeromarine). I ordered it, its on back order, and Im wanting to know how it performed. If its that bad, I might cancel and get the fullers .

SJFE
10-27-2007, 03:57 PM
I might cancel and get the fullers

I would hold off. seems somthing is in the works :).

webdr
10-27-2007, 04:07 PM
TEASER!!!!!
Tell me whats going on!! If you cant, when would we expect this "mystery"??

Steven Vaccaro
10-28-2007, 09:15 AM
The bj hardware is currently on my top 5 list of things to do. My cad guy ditched out on me. He's my cousin and has gone from working with me on his terms when ever he wanted to now never returning my calls. So I'm on the search "again" for a cad guy.

SJFE
10-28-2007, 10:55 AM
I am aquainted with a guy who does cad for a large company up in Camden. I will email him & ask if he wants to pick up some side work if you want Steven.

FE_Chris
10-28-2007, 11:23 PM
OK, I'll wait and be a gopher if you guys need one :) . When you guys need someone to test the waters with the "OSE BJ26 Hardware Upgrade Kit" Let me know.....I'll test the crap out of it! :buttrock: AAAAAAAAAND i'll take videos! :tongue_smilie:

EDIT: We do need SOMETHING to improve the handling of this boat. It hooks to bad, but it's such a nice boat. I wanna make it a budget racer!

SJFE
11-02-2007, 04:39 PM
I bought a SpeedMaster strut and the 5.25 rudder. I am going to set them up in an inline configuration. I am however going to run it stock first for a while. Once I get a feeling for how it drives then I will make the conversion.

zero9046
12-26-2007, 12:17 AM
are the aeromarine or fuller hardware sets "drop-in" replacements? i'd prefer not to drill a bunch of new holes in to a brand new blackjack, but would like to find some sturdier, better running hardware after having read about the less than stellar reputation that the stock hardware has.

txboatpilot
12-26-2007, 07:06 PM
:iagree: Fullers cat hardware rocks!!!! Went from turning like a dump truck to very stable even w/out fins!!!

FE_Chris
12-28-2007, 07:09 AM
Tell you what, it sure does get to be one expensive boat if you plan on replacing the hardware before you even run it. Get a hull and build one your self IMO. You'll have a better boat, and for less money.

are the aeromarine or fuller hardware sets "drop-in" replacements? i'd prefer not to drill a bunch of new holes in to a brand new blackjack, but would like to find some sturdier, better running hardware after having read about the less than stellar reputation that the stock hardware has.

zero9046
12-30-2007, 12:40 AM
has anyone actually used the aeromarine laminates hardware? i have read about ppl using the fuller's and other misc combinations, but haven't heard anything directly (at least as far as i have read) about the AL hardware. any opinions? i assume it is quality stuff if OSE is considering stocking it, but i'm just curious. i'm trying to make sure i make the "best" purchase possible for a hardware upgrade to my blackjack.

GeoRXT
01-04-2008, 09:06 PM
get the catset up from ray fuller it works really good...........
Where can you buy this fuller setup?

mint355
01-14-2008, 07:23 AM
So overall whats the best hardware for the BJ 26 electrice.

have you guys tried the twisted liquid racing skater system for the blackjack

Jeff Wohlt
01-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Guys, the Fullers hardware is one of the better known out there. I think the strut Steve has on his site from Octura for a cat would be nice. With the skeg on the lower part. This can keep the ass-end of the boat from jumping back and forth under top speeds...it helps anyway.

The hardware from AM is lighter and I would use another.

No biggie if you need to drill new holes....CA or epoxy the old holes closed and touch up the paint.

Get the better hardware. Here is what I would run. I would get the bracket and strut and maybe use his other rudder without a taper.

http://www.drcwebservices.com/ffe/hardware.htm

Great fourm!

Jeff,

www.rcraceboat.com

Dragonturbo3
04-14-2008, 06:27 PM
I have the TLR system on mine. Installation was cake (did not have to drill new holes).

I changed it before I tested the stock hardware so I am not sure on how it performs over stock.

Problems: Cant replace the bushing bearings(it has neither). the way it is made actually causes drag, water get shot strait up where the strut sits in the groove. (sorry I am not real strong on the terminology) but fixed that by closing off the grooves with some stickers (major performance increase). I plan on changing mine to the fullers as soon as I wear out the strut (it wont take long) it is already getting sloppy after 1 day.

Other than that it looks sweet, all polished and clean looking. I will post some pics if you want.

Jeff Wohlt
04-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Sounds like you do not have the brass insert bushing in it. Check to see if it has a .250 dia on the inside of the strut where the shaft slides in. If it does I have those but also tell us what strut it is. You do not need the Fuller strut. You may just want to put some teflon bushings in it if it has a .250 ID.

Pictures can really tell more.

PropNutt43
04-14-2008, 08:50 PM
TLR doesn't put bushings in their strut. They just drill a hole thru the aluminum the size of the shaft. But if you like the way the hardware looks you could just try to find a better strut to replace the original one with. You would probably have to shim it to fit right.

Try here:

http://www.aeromarinerc.com/runninggear.asp

http://www.finedesignrc.com/hardware.asp

Then again you would probably be better off just going with Fullers Cat hardware. I've owned both and you just can't beat good quality stuff.

Jeff Wohlt
04-14-2008, 10:24 PM
That would be the poorest way to build it. I like their stuff but SS on alum is asking for resistance and trouble and wear and heat. Nobody builds anything like that. SS and brass makes a great surface. The teflon bushings are good as well but the teflon wears off.

Wakesurfer
04-15-2008, 10:16 PM

Looks like a Fiego, and I can't tell what ESC. Any chance you tell what motor, ESC, battery, and prop combo it takes to go 50?

kburrows
04-16-2008, 09:30 PM

Where did you order that setup men?!

calcagno45
04-16-2008, 09:58 PM