PDA

View Full Version : my rescue tug...

avengersteve
04-02-2007, 04:57 PM
welp i hope you dont mind sj, but i may have to steal your idea... only difference is i won an atlantic harbor tug boat on ebay, and am planning to add my old sv27 power plant ( off the one i totaled) I will post pics as soon as i get them....

Question is, do you think the shaft on the atlantic will hold up to the brushless setup or should i upgrade that as well?

SJFE
04-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Dude that is the way wrong motor for that boat. It is not made for low speed torque apps. It will ripp the stern tub out of the hull trying to turn tat prop...not to mention burn up in 3 minutes. If I can offer some advice?? Leave the internals alone...the power system in that boats perfect. I do suggest and FM radio for longer distance. I find I dump my boats at the other side of the lake every time. If you need a picture of the rigger setup I'll post it. It's a great little system and will work fine. 2 things to know. It dont fit in cars to well...so you may want to make the riggers removable. The other thing is if the boat goes nose up it will be almost imposible to push. I have yet to make a catch net. It's going to bite me in the but here soon I know it. Good luck man. It will be a better rig than mine...The Atlantic tug is twice the boat!!!!

avengersteve
04-02-2007, 06:25 PM
aww man take all the fun out of it!!! how ever, it would be cool to see a tug going 30mph! I already printed a pic of your rig off of the old forums... i have the spektrum dx3 in my 27, and i may hook it up to the tug also... but im sure that will not work to well...

avengersteve
04-02-2007, 06:50 PM
welp looks like i talked my friend into geting a v-24 from aquacraft... do you think that the 550 motor in the atlantic could push that? Also what would be the best motor/prop set up for rescue operations?? i like power!!!!:D

saleens7
04-02-2007, 06:54 PM
try to get a high power motor and put it ona gear box and put HUGE props on it....a lot of the tugs are like that and they put out a lot of force, that one Mr. Darby tug puts out like 80lbs of force an will put a rowboat with two people in it with ease...(the RC one, not the real one)

avengersteve
04-10-2007, 06:22 PM
sj, can you post a pic of your rig for me? in an attachment preferably i cant see anything that is a link... Thanks!!