PDA

View Full Version : Water entering my Genesis Hull

pascallee
06-28-2010, 02:04 AM
First time boater here, I did my maiden run on the Genesis yesterday with stock 2075 motor, ESC and prop. I have 2 x 3S 4700mah battery positioned on each side exactly on the battery holder.
After I ran the Genesis, I noticed some water inside the two sponsons(I did tape the hull cover). Is this normal? I think that the water may be entering through the pushrod rubber seal and suspect that this happens during my acceleration runs when the front of the boat is lifting and the back going deeper.
Is my batteries in the correct position on the battery holders or should I try to position it further to the front of the battery holders or add some weight in the boat?
Or can the water be leaking for another place in the boat apart from the rubber seal? I am really desperate as there is no RC boat club here when I could seek help, any help is be appreciated.

vvviivvv
06-28-2010, 02:18 AM
could it be coming up the shafts? i don't know the best way to stop this but its a possibility...

D&D
06-28-2010, 08:20 AM
I had the same problem with my Mean Machine and kept thinking it was leaking from one of holes I had drilled in the transom (rudder, push rod, etc.). Then I took the boat to the kitchen sink and pressed the transom of the boat down in the water and found that the back corners of the boat were leaking. Areomarine had not finished off the boat properly - bad trim on the bottom half of the hull and it did not match up and seal with the top half.