PDA

View Full Version : 1 cell not registering

BHChieftain
06-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Hi,
I have some new Turnigy 2S1P 30c 5000Mah packs, and one of the packs registers only 1S on my hyperion charger after having only 1 run on it (first time charging worked fine, also was fine "storing"). The charger is a hyperion duo3, no issues with any of my other 6lipos.

Any tips on how to fix the pack before I send it back for warranty repair?

Thanks
Chief

Alexgar
06-26-2010, 07:40 PM
every time its happen to me its a bad cell or solder joint but once she open its yours

lectriglide
06-26-2010, 07:47 PM
Check the voltage of the total pack. If your voltage is 6v or greater (at least 3v per cell), it may be one of the balancer wires is not soldered or has come loose. If it is 3 - 4v, then you most likely have a bad cell. Take the shrink wrap off and check the individual cells. I just got a brand new Turnigy 7.4v 40c 5000 that had the same problem (only registered one cell). Turns out it had one cell that measured 0 volts - completely dead. A brand new battery. Costs too much to send it back to Hong Kong for warranty. First bad lipo out of about 18 I have purchased from Hobbycity.

BHChieftain
06-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Check the voltage of the total pack. If your voltage is 6v or greater (at least 3v per cell), it may be one of the balancer wires is not soldered or has come loose. If it is 3 - 4v, then you most likely have a bad cell. Take the shrink wrap off and check the individual cells. I just got a brand new Turnigy 7.4v 40c 5000 that had the same problem (only registered one cell). Turns out it had one cell that measured 0 volts - completely dead. A brand new battery. Costs too much to send it back to Hong Kong for warranty. First bad lipo out of about 18 I have purchased from Hobbycity.

I haven't checked the mailing rates-- what would it cost to send it to Hong Kong?

Chief

crabstick
06-26-2010, 09:04 PM
i vote for the balancer wire also.

Its barely worth sending it back, if it does get there it might be quite painful getting a replacement

sailr
06-27-2010, 01:19 AM
My last order was for 5 packs. 2 packs were bad. Their quality seems to be getting worse. Not sure I'm going to order more. The cost to send back is sometimes as much or more than the cost of the pack. I think HK knows this. They have cheap shipping from HK but going the other way is outrageous

LiPo Power
06-27-2010, 11:01 AM
It has to be registered mail.
I have sent few things to them at once from canada and it was $50.00, not sure if this will be the same from US.
Robert

I haven't checked the mailing rates-- what would it cost to send it to Hong Kong?

Chief

LiPo Power
06-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Did your LVC kick in?
If the battery was fine charging first time and LVc did not kick in I would also double check the wires....
If you planing to ship it back to them make sure to do it within 30 days.
If they have bar code on the back sticker please register this battery(s) on their website. I think it will speed up the process if you ship them back.
Ohh and here they have some LiPo warranty rules:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store/lipo_policy.html

Hi,
I have some new Turnigy 2S1P 30c 5000Mah packs, and one of the packs registers only 1S on my hyperion charger after having only 1 run on it (first time charging worked fine, also was fine "storing"). The charger is a hyperion duo3, no issues with any of my other 6lipos.

Any tips on how to fix the pack before I send it back for warranty repair?

Thanks
Chief