PDA

View Full Version : Ekos hull

toledo
06-26-2010, 06:47 PM
I love the looks of the ekos but have to say
that there are a few attention to detail faults.
One is having to tape the hatch. I even peeled off
some blue paint from the tape on/off procedure.
Do somebody knows if the hull replacement comes with
the esc ,servo and motor mounts?

VIKOS
06-27-2010, 02:00 AM
not that I know of but thats not wnough to send you a new hull its just paint..anyways are you using hulltape or regular tape...or electrical tape...if its not the first and last one then the adhesive could be to strong. Hull tape won't do that.

Simon.O.
06-27-2010, 02:20 AM
Hatch taping
We all do it and it need to be done, end of that discussion.

All of mu good huls are varnished and tape will peel the varnish off, not good.
I put a layer of tape on the hull and on the hatch, now I have 1" or 25mm of smooth clean area to tape down on to with 12mm electrical tape.

I go through a lot of tape if I take 5 or 6 hulls to the pond on a nice Sunday morning.

Tape onto tape works for me. :thumbup1:

VIKOS
06-27-2010, 09:02 AM
That's a good idea put tape down then with hatch on tape the lines of the hatch.

forescott
06-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Dont use the included tape venom gives with the ekos. It takes the paint right off! I have had good luck with colored vinyl electrical tape. Its just sticky enough.

bigpapa
06-28-2010, 02:32 PM
clear electrical tape from walmart autocenter wks awsome too and its wide

FighterCat57
06-28-2010, 02:50 PM
Hockey tape that OSE sells is awesome. I also use clear PVC that GE makes at Wallyworld.

The new/replacement hull is bare, but comes pre-drilled. You have to glue in the mounts/etc. Probably not a novice build project, but might be a good challenge depending on skill level.

Taping the hatch every run with fresh tape is cheaper than the fried ESC/Rx/Motor that could result from a flip and drift flooded hull. Just a good precaution.

Some have had success using syran wrap and silicone to create a "seal" around the hatch. I have had limited success going this route and still tape over the seal.

Hope this helps.

VIKOS
06-28-2010, 09:58 PM
beleive it or not hull tape is just to slow the intake of water proccess. the fake exhausts on the back of the boat actually let in a little bit of water..its not fully sealed around the exhaust ports..looks sealed but its not. The hull tape that venom sells is awesome..better than electrical tape and I don't have any issues with paint coming off at all.

Team Jericho
06-29-2010, 12:05 PM
I find the tape from OSE is the best so far.