PDA

View Full Version : heli motors in boats

King Swift
10-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Im thinking of buying a 40 inch or 50 inch v-hull and placing a ACTRO 32-4 or 32-3 motor, water cooling it ,applying at least a 240 hydra esc with it or a shulze .the 32-3 has a volt range of 33-40volts,rpm/v555 ,and a max current of 50 -95 amps,it has a 5mm shaft .I,m not sure what mounting bracket to use or what size lipos or nimh batteries to use.from what I've mentioned so far would this work and work at high speeds( 40 mph-60).Or will this heli motor get to hot regardless of the water cooling system.By the way these motors are brushless.

Mich. Maniac
10-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Are those motors inrunners? From what I know from running trex 450/600. Heli's are geared down greatly. I would say go for it with confidence "IF" you are running geared drive with maybe even 2 of these motors. Also, arent those quite expensive motors? With that setup maybe a lehner motor. when getting into that size of hull you need monstor power not so much rpm. Just a couple things to think about! good luck

SJFE
10-13-2007, 07:46 AM
King welcome to the forum. If this is your first boat and you have some money to spend I would suggents this. Do some research into what is commenly used in big electrice boats and has worked well. You will find that using the knolege of others to get your first boat in the water and running well will make for a better over all first experince. Then after you have learned a fair about about setups and powersystems you can attempt to reinvent the wheel. Good luck and have fun :)