PDA

View Full Version : Joysway.com - china

crabstick
06-24-2010, 12:14 AM
Looks to be possibly a manufacturer of the Surge Crusher boat and a few others I have never seen

looky here

http://www.joysway-hobby.com/Product_show.asp?proid=482

vasy
06-24-2010, 12:58 AM
It is, you can see it on the picture on the box.
I'd say it is low to medium quality. I have 3 of their boats and they all suck stock except the mini-v series that www.minicatracingusa.com sells.
After some ESC and motor upgrades they handle fine, but I can't find any spare parts and the manufacturer is not willing to sell any to an end user, and no one stocks parts.
Again, except www.minicatracingusa.com having part for the mini series.

sailr
06-24-2010, 08:14 AM
Our version of the boats from them, the Velocity Series, are upgraded quality motors and esc's, different hardware configuration, and we carry all the spare parts for Velocity series.

We have extremely good success with the boats, the Cat and the Mono. Never had one returned. Never had a complaint other than the post office crushing a couple of them!

sailr
06-24-2010, 08:23 AM
Just a side note. Please don't misconstrue this as sour grapes or anything of the sort but rather to inform. Those BARGAINS on Hobbyking and Ebay may just come back to bite you!

We have bought samples and tested most of the boats that HobbyKing is currently selling. We can buy them direct from the same manufacturers if we wish. Generally they were duds that we won't sell. Bad motors, esc's, thin flimsy hulls, cheap wood inside, crappy square flex cables, etc.

I see people jumping all of the Genesis boat and then spending hundreds more to upgrade it? That's nuts. Just my opinion. And then where do they turn if they need customer service? Sure ain't gonna get it from HK!

We prefer to stick with quality that WE would demand ourselves. If we start selling the stuff that pops up at Ebay and HK and all over the internet, we just buy troubles for ourselves. There are a couple of companies out there, here in the states, that I won't name, that don't care about customer service...they only care to get your money and then you're on your own. We publish our phone number and spend hours each week on the phone with customers. We truly want to help. We are modelers first and business people last. Mini Cat Racing is a tiny little company that makes enough money to support our hobby. Nobody draws a salary from it.