PDA

View Full Version : Great service from BattlePack !

properchopper
04-13-2007, 02:30 AM
Got my new charger & power supply today. Shipped same day it was ordered. Thanks Mr. Hill ! Phase One of lipo conversion has now begun. Coupla' more paychecks & I'll be looking for batts for my P-mono setup [phase two]. Onward into the great unknown !! :) :)

SJFE
04-13-2007, 08:05 AM
Expect nothing less. Between BattlePack and OSE I'm spoiled now. It's one the reasons I won't do business anywhere else.

sjslhill
04-13-2007, 08:28 AM
WOW, thanks guys! After several hours with a migraine, it's good to see something nice.

Steve

Steven Vaccaro
04-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Mr. Hill job well done.

SO Prop let it out? What are ya using?

ice329
04-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Here is another one to help you migrain.

I bought the SV thinking I could use my old packs and find some batterys on my own, which I did and they worked ok except the packs I burned up which where about half of them. A waste of money.

Reserch..... points me to the IB cells.... several calls... Tech at Tekin says watch out for the 4200's. Call to a cheapbattery company with IB cells (says nothing about the 4200 problem.... Call to some robot? guy...hehehe BAM he tells me the truth! OK order me up some of the rock solid 3600's... and match them.. I know from a long time ago which pack setup is best. He says exactly what I needed to hear. "There is only one way to build these packs that is FLAT with bars". I am thinking here is a honest guy who knows whats going on.

Order comes... Shocked at the worksmanship (Excellent). The packs go on the charger, then in the boat. Shocked again, the raw power just pours out of these packs... later, a discharge on the MRC977 then a slow .9 amp charge shocked again the packs took in 4000+ MAH.

As far as I am concerned there is only one guy to get the SV batterys from, have him build them, and enjoy them without worrying. There awsom. http://www.battlepack.com/SV27.asp

OK thats enough cheerleading for one day, it was needed to be said!

properchopper
04-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Steven, I went with the Hyperion EOS1210i. Several reasons why : Saw them in use at WWIII & liked how they operated. The 1210i has lots of capacity for both nimh & lipo. They offer compatable balancers [ LBA 10 ] . Can monitor individual cell voltages with data port cable. Next step is to figure out which battery configuration to use with respect to structure and capacity for p-mono & p-offshore racing. I'm really in the dark here, any suggestions ? :confused:

Steven Vaccaro
04-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Is it easy to use? I was leaning towards the Astro 109 and blinky for the ease of use.

SJFE
04-13-2007, 11:17 AM
I am picking up an astro 110D for my Nimh cells...My ice will be fine for any lipos I'll need the balancer and I need 2 LVC units.

properchopper
04-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Steven, I'm still learning how to operate it but so far it seems good. What attracted me is the ability to monitor individual lipo cell voltages [with dual LBA 10's & data port cable] onscreen. The blinkys will blink at different patterns [if I understand them correctly] to indicate charge condition/balance & I'm of the opinion that an actual readout would be easier for me to understand than blink rate/count. If I sound somewhat confused , I am. Which leads [partial pun intended] to the following question : Do I configure the charging leads [ for two 6-cell packs being charged simultaneously] in parallel & set the cell count to 6 or 12 ? ; or better to configure the charging lead to charge both packs in series & set count to 12 ? All my old chargers had dual outputs, so I didn't encounter this situation previously. Man, this new stuff is hurtin' my head [&wallet] & I havent yet even started to figureout which lipo configuration to invest in :eek:

[ Edit : BTW Mr. Hill also has a nifty, reasonably priced power supply ; even has adjustable output voltage.]

SJFE
04-13-2007, 01:02 PM
I received my latest additions yesterday(far left). The work is excellent as always:). I do have 2 more 7 cell packs not pictured because I accembled them. My work don't even come close. I just want the guys who havent seen a battlepack yet to take a long hard look @ what battery packs should look like. My videos showcase the performance.
Thanks Steve and Sarah for the great work and promp servise.

sjslhill
04-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Wow, who built those packs? LOL To eveyone, those are end to end style. I prefer side by side but Tom likes the end to end.

SJFE
04-13-2007, 01:10 PM
I read they had less resistance...but then some one who knows what they are talking about pointed out the fact it's a very small one. Yet I forget and order end to end every time...LOL

ice329
04-13-2007, 01:48 PM
OK since were posting pictures here are the man of the hours Matched FLAT packs built specificaly for the SV27. Sort of like the Porsche saying "there is no substitute"

I threw the LiPo's in for the heck of it.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n103/ice0329/12001-1.jpg
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n103/ice0329/12011-1.jpg

SJFE
04-13-2007, 01:54 PM
FOCUS...my eyes! My eyes!

ice329
04-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Hahah ya I spend lots of money on good RC stuff but cheap out really bad on the camera.. hahahha its as sharp as it get indoors.

sjslhill
04-13-2007, 02:16 PM
4 more I just finished off, with the wife telling to stop. Should be able to ship those tomorrow by USPS.

thanks for the support guys.

Steve

Doug Smock
04-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Yeah, I ordered some packs from Steve Hill awhile back.... in the wrong configuration.
And he sent me the wrong packs, just as I had ordered.

What would be really nice, is if he would just build what a guy needs, instead of what he asked for. :D

Hello Steve !!!!:)

sjslhill
04-13-2007, 08:53 PM
Doug! One of the fast guys, it's an honor that you run some of our stuff!

Hope to see you at CMBC in June!

Doug Smock
04-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Oh yeah we're looking forward to it ! We need to get somebody busy with a backhoe, I'll have a Q-Mono to test by then LOL

See ya there!
Doug

Fluid
04-14-2007, 10:22 PM
Our club recently placed a large group order for IB3600 cells, and Steve delivered in record time. I built a 12-cell pack right away and cycled it a few times - it took around 4000 mAh and all the cells were very close - while balancing them at 0.5 amps all cells were within 2 degrees or less of each other. I raced the pack at the club meet today and was very fast, much faster than my old cells and the pack was cooler at the end of the race to boot. So far I really like the IB3600s Steve offers! :D

sjslhill
04-14-2007, 10:33 PM
Thanks Jay, that is what we see with the 3600's. I expect that you will be happy with them. Let's see how long they last, I don't know of anything else to offer.

thanks,
Steve

RMZDADDY
04-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Received my 24 IB3600 cells today, That was fast! Many thanks Steve! Can't wait to get them in my Mean machine!

Mich. Maniac
04-18-2007, 08:59 PM
So I really wanna get my packs from BattlePack but im just concerned about the C rating, lipos of course. Packs Ive seen that can handle up to 100Amp constant are rated 20C on 18.5 V. Do I need that? I thought importance was MaH and voltage. Maybe I need a electrics 101.

SJFE
04-18-2007, 09:03 PM
I'll anser that question on Sunday with a full round of testing and Data from the DPR. TTYTT I don't see a problem.

sjslhill
04-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Yes, let's wait and see the testing....I believe they will be fine but testing rules. Joey did some testing on temps, the data from the DRP will rule I think.

thanks to Joey and Tom!

SJFE
04-18-2007, 09:52 PM
Im charging them now for the first time.....The tentions high here in the SJFE household....LOL