PDA

View Full Version : $11 bux a pack!!

m4a1usr
06-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Wow. In an economy where record numbers are unemployed, uninsured and fed up by the criminal actions of our financial institutions as well as wall street you see every form of government (fed/state/county) acting like adding taxes will take care of their problems. Stuff like this is ludicrous. The poor are the most likely to be smokers for many reasons. And last time I checked this still was a free country. This has tax revolution written all over it at some point.

John

http://money.cnn.com/2010/06/22/news/economy/cigarette_tax/index.htm

Rumdog
06-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Here's an idea. Quit killing yourself with cigs and there is no more problem.

Doby
06-22-2010, 01:39 PM
If the poor are most likley to be smokers, than wouldn't they have more money if they quit smoking....or is that being too fiscally responsible??

m4a1usr
06-22-2010, 02:06 PM
I cant argue with what you guys are saying because there is no real excuse but depression is a very common condition with a wide segment of our population and its probably most prevailent among the poor.

My reason for the OP was to point out that unfair taxation seems to be commonly practiced, yet openly rejected in many politicans public commentaries. I.E. the hypocracy of their actions. Do as I say not as I do.

They unfairly target what they can see as opportunity with as liitle backlash as possible. So they arent fair? Are they?

John