PDA

View Full Version : Just when you thought politics,...........

m4a1usr
06-19-2010, 09:29 PM
So you thought Michigan and Illinois had some strange politics? How does this happen? No,.......seriously. Let me hear your explanation. It reads so wrong and I dont mean the person. Hell,...........the guy hasnt been corrupted by the party he represents. Is he stooge? I dont think this guy could come up with the 10k of his own to enter the race. Unemployed? Living at home? Did the incumbent suck that bad? Did the polling machines malfunction? How does an unkown guy with no campaign of any sorts, beat a guy who has been well known.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2012084765_alvin11.html

John

befu
06-19-2010, 10:39 PM
A thousand? No, maybe a hundred. Wow, what a campaign, print a hundred fliers. That will embarras the defeated person.

Wow, if this is legit, this is amazing. Are people so sick and tired of professional politicians that they will finally vote for someong they have never heard of? Could be. If so, this is going to be interesting.

I still maintain, congress should be like jury duty. When turn of age, lets say 30, you have to register for congressional duty. If your name comes up, you have to go serve. Wether it be state or federal level, you go and do your duty, then go home and back to work. I think we would do better..... Who knows, nothing may get done, but like I said earlier, that would be better.

Brian

AndyKunz
06-20-2010, 09:11 AM
We had a guy in Phillipsburg, NJ like that. He lived in the worst part of town (by necessity), was known to all the local "establishments" such as the strip joint across the street from the flophouse he lived in, and ran for State Senator.

At least he's doing something other than just complaining!

Andy