PDA

View Full Version : Another performance related question

toledo
06-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Yesterday I rushed to my local hobby store and bought two shinny hard case
7.4 volt 500 mah 40c venom lipo packs. You know what?... I wasn't aware they where 2 cell! I am still running with two 442 props and wanted to know what to expect from this lipos in terms of speed. God after spending almost 200 bucks I would like to make at least 35 mph. And by the way, what if I raise the timming?

Diesel6401
06-19-2010, 09:51 PM
7.4 volt 500 mah 40c venom lipo packs. You know what?... I wasn't aware they where 2 cell! I am still running with two 442 props and wanted to know what to expect from this lipos in terms of speed. God after spending almost 200 bucks I would like to make at least 35 mph. And by the way, what if I raise the timming?

Can you take them back? You should try buying your lipos from hobbycity.com Check these out http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10305 I own them and love them. If you don't mind waiting a few weeks for batts you can save a TON of money in the long run. Which means more money for more BOATS!!! Which is always good :bounce:

forescott
06-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Yup, I would never buy batteries from a hobby shop. Hobbyking all the way. Those same cell/capacity lipos would cost less than 30-bucks a piece at hobbyking.

forescott
06-19-2010, 11:24 PM
I recently got a rio ep that had a traxxas slash motor/esc in it. When I got it I ran down to my hobby shop to get a 9.6v nimh pack for it. All they had was a venom 5000mah pack. It was 90-bucks! The guy dropped the price down for me to 65-bucks, but still 70-bucks out the door! I wont do that again!

befu
06-19-2010, 11:46 PM
Yep, those two 2s-5000-30c turnigy's would have been just under $90 delivered using ems, which be delivered in one week. Hard to beat.

I was looking at the 2s-5000-20c turnigy hardcase for $18 each. With EMS shipping that is $62 delivered and will provide over 100 amps burst. Good packs.

vasy
06-20-2010, 12:59 AM

You will been to rewire to run then in series to get 4s... it will go good :)

VIKOS
06-22-2010, 08:01 AM
Whats the running time on a 2s though or is that more for a straight hard couple of passes..Getting some 4S 3000 from venom for the KOS and gona see if we can get 40mph on stock motors..with stock 36mm props..motors are very lubed gona use the cooling on the motor mounts to help with cooling. Got my parts from towerhobbies,rcboatracing, gona try to dremmel some notch's in the shafts to help keep the dog gears in. My question is will balance be an issue once I make the notch's to keep the dogs in place.

forescott
06-22-2010, 04:52 PM
I notched the prop shafts I got from rcraceboat for the stock drive dogs. No balance issues there. I'd be real careful about running 4s on the stock ekos motors. Bring it in after a couple of minutes to check the motor heat, and motor wires too.

VIKOS
06-22-2010, 07:37 PM
well she ran really good today on 3S wth all new hardware..gona swap out to aluminum tomorrow and take her out for a spin. I did notice that the motor with what seems like a faulty bearing was a lil hotter than the other motor but speed controls where not even warm to the touch..so I see the motors going soon. Its all about when that happens really. was a lil toasty nothing to steaming hot to the touch but alot warmer than the left side motor. Didn't need to notch the doggs they where tight plus prop screws add to an extra insurance that they will stay on. DId do a barrel role..I noticed each time it got air born it wanted to lean on the left side of the hull. Maybe its balancing issues but unless its hopping over a piece of chop its glued to the water.

VIKOS
06-23-2010, 11:27 AM
I've noticed that after a while the antenna tube screw on the hull gets worn and I notice hair line cracks around it. Does anyone remove there antenna tube and install it inside the hull and seal of the antenna hole on top. If this is done will signal be reduced because of it or will there still be good signal. These recievers are FM so I don't see why it wouldn't still get a good strong signal. Should have posted this in another thread but its based on performance question on the signal.