PDA

View Full Version : Re-programming ESCs for 4Ss ?

Team Jericho
06-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Guys,

I got some new 4Ss and before I take my EKOS out I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not the 120 Amp ESCs from Venom have to be re-programmed for the 4S Lipos? I heard once that it is set up stock at the factory on “auto calculate” and timing 0 degrees?

Thanks!

FighterCat57
06-17-2010, 05:13 PM
I run the stock 60 amp ESC's without making any ESC changes. I believe they are set to "auto".

Didn't know Venom had 120 amp esc's.

vasy
06-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Not sure about timing but that 60Amp esc is set to auto calculate cells. You will hears 3 beeps for 3s and 4 beeps for 4s.

VIKOS
06-23-2010, 01:34 PM
Or you could just set them manually..which is in the booklet that comes with the KOS. One question I have is the transmitter and how to tweak it for best results. Theres no where on how to adjust it. Does anyone know where a good print out is to tweak stearing throttle and what not. In stock form the throttle is a 0 which cause the props to run at an idle speed..so I have to back the throttle trim down -10 just so theres no signal going to the motors or very little of. also I noticed that with the trim on the stingers up if thats -/+ I don't know but when its up the boat tends to not plane or get to trim at all till about maybe 100 feet(this is in very calm water almost looks like its pushing alot of water to try to plane) causing the motors I'm sure to run hott. So I'm going to put them back to stock at 0 or down 1 from 0. Other than that she's been running great,ran her today with the aluminum props but since my trim was up didn't really get good results at all with it. I'll remove the shafts today grease them ajdust the stingers and take another crack at it.

VIKOS
06-28-2010, 10:18 PM
venom ESC are 120's there 60A continuos 120A max burst...

Rumdog
06-28-2010, 10:29 PM
That makes them 60 amp esc's.

scubasteve95
06-28-2010, 10:50 PM
Guys,

I got some new 4Ss and before I take my EKOS out I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not the 120 Amp ESCs from Venom have to be re-programmed for the 4S Lipos? I heard once that it is set up stock at the factory on “auto calculate” and timing 0 degrees?

Thanks!

timing is set to 11.5 from factory and the esc is set to auto cal.
you should set the esc to 4s and 0 timing ...IMO
the tx works fine to set it all up but it would
be better to get the programmer...i just dont trust the auto or the transmitter
to program it.

VIKOS
06-29-2010, 06:45 AM
Count the beeps. There quick but u can still count the beeps.

Team Jericho
06-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Thanks guys. It seems to run fine with auto. What a difference the 4Ss make! Wow :) That being said I already blew one of the Venom 60 amp ESCs...could have also been due in part to a previous incident when I blew the stock motor on same side...now I have the Feigao 9XLs, 4Ss, 36mm machined props, and 2 x Turnigy 120 amp ESC on order! Very fun but expensive little boat she is so far...

bmaxx
06-29-2010, 07:15 PM
Thanks guys. It seems to run fine with auto. What a difference the 4Ss make! Wow :) That being said I already blew one of the Venom 60 amp ESCs...could have also been due in part to a previous incident when I blew the stock motor on same side...now I have the Feigao 9XLs, 4Ss, 36mm machined props, and 2 x Turnigy 120 amp ESC on order! Very fun but expensive little boat she is so far...

Have you been running out at the OVR pond lately??:biggrin:

Team Jericho
06-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Was there on Sunday! Are you a member too? Send me a PM and let me know who you are :)

bmaxx
06-29-2010, 07:39 PM
LOL.... pm'd

VIKOS
06-29-2010, 08:53 PM
Well she'll run really good with the set up you plan on doing believe that..surprised people are having issues with esc and motors I've yet to and even on 4s other than sheer props lol waiting on 32mm machined props..trust me the gas boats are way more expensive..you ever pay 100+ bucks just for a prop...one prop..